Home

Whats your fave style of lightsaber?

bradpinder

• 6 months later...

I'd prefer a single blade of blue, with a secondary lightsaber of the same color stashed across the lower part of the back, with an easy-removal harness, to allow the surprise of a second blade in single blade combat. Picture Anakin vs Dooku in the Clone Wars, then picture the look on Dooku's face when Anakin removes his hands later on. Dooku was able to easily defend when he OBVIOUSLY saw the 2nd lightsaber being tossed to Ani. Hidden Lightsaber for the win

• 1 month later...

Its possible, unless when Shaak Ti fought the MagnaGuards in Clone Wars (the original cartoon, not the new one) was deemed uncanon. She held 2 of those MagnaGuard Stick things (I don't know the official name :()

Anyways, I have a list...

Dual Curved Sabers (ala Komari Vosa (or whatever her name was) and Asaaj Ventress), both with shades of either red or blue

Regular and shoto(short) saber, Green and Purple, respectively.

Dual Regular Sabers, both blue

Double Dual Phase Lightsaber (I think I just made that up. Its like a Super Double Lightsaber, but you have the chance to cut your body in half every time :xp:)

I'm unusual, aren't I? :¬:

MagnaGuard Stick things? You mean electro staff?

I see that many people prefer double-bladed and dual. And they like unique color crystal and unique hilt, such as curved. Well, I prefer a single red lightsaber with hilt costumized for Djem So , with Djem So as my style and I get the biggest midi-chlorian count in the universe. With that, I can beat anyone, even if they have badass lightsaber. Simple but powerful. That's the point.

Its possible, unless when Shaak Ti fought the MagnaGuards in Clone Wars (the original cartoon, not the new one) was deemed uncanon. She held 2 of those MagnaGuard Stick things (I don't know the official name :()

Anyways, I have a list...

Dual Curved Sabers (ala Komari Vosa (or whatever her name was) and Asaaj Ventress), both with shades of either red or blue

Regular and shoto(short) saber, Green and Purple, respectively.

Dual Regular Sabers, both blue

Double Dual Phase Lightsaber (I think I just made that up. Its like a Super Double Lightsaber, but you have the chance to cut your body in half every time :xp:)

I'm unusual, aren't I? :¬:

You can use Dual Double-bladed Lightsaber with good efficiency. Do you know Illidan in Warcraft III? He wields two moonblades. You can use his fighting style, but you have to shorten your lightsaber blade to make the fighting style effective. Also you need agility (and speed) training and reflex training to do that fighting style, just like a ninja :)

• 3 weeks later...

Double-bladed

Dual sabers (Jar'Kai FTW!)

The traditional single style

Double-bladed lightwhip!!!! *makes whip crack sound*

Single hilt, backhand (Galen Marek style)

1 regular saber, one pint-sized-Yoda-like-Happy-Meal saber (you can't go wrong with that)

Or the Y-Shaped saber with three blades

IMO, the double-bladed lightsaber is cool because with a double-bladed you can always turn off one side of the lightsaber (evidence from Jedi Academy), so you can always surprise your opponent in combat ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I never understood the attraction to double bladed sabers. As a martial artist any Melee someone with reach is often going to have the advatage. But a "staff" saber makes no sense unless you can make the hilt invulerable to attacks, and lengthen it to about 2/3 of your hieght so you don't slice yourself when trying to reach your opponent. Otherwise you are dealing with a mainly defensive weapon.

A much better idea is a Duel wielding, or Dashido style with a Longblade about 3-4 feet in length as your main, and short blade 1 - 1/2 to 2 feet for close quarters fighting, or defense with your off hand. The "Massless" Lightsaber blade compliments with many asians styles of sword fighting.

But I sure would love to see a Wookiee Jedi using a "Claymore" lightsaber that is about 5 to 6 feet in length they are about the only ones that could pull off that style

Archived