Home

Troubleshooting

Hi, well the game starts normally and the main menu is ok, but whenever I try to start an instant action, campaing, or anything, the game freezes, then the screen goes black, and I'm forced to get out with the task manager. Any idea of what is causing this? I'm running XP SP2 btw.

I tried to install the patchs, all of them, but it says that they don't go with my battlefrontII and I can't install them. I've the spanish version btw, and I've already tried the laucher text modding, but it didn't worked. I don't know what to do :( and I really like this game. I also find the tweak guide a bit .. short.

The TweakGuide for SWBF2 is short because it's pretty much the same as SWBF1 for tweaking and fixing issues... so it refers you to the SWBF1 guide. You'll find some answers for SWBF2 problems in the SWBF1 guide..

Do you have the CD version or the DVD version? I know it's a pain... but if you installed the wrong patch originally (which it sounds like you may have done and you can't patch over the wrong patch)... you should uninstall SWBF2... then navigate to C:Program Files\Lucas Arts\Star Wars Battlefont II and delete the Star Wars Battlefront II folder (because uninstallation doesn't delete everything). Then re-install SWBF2 and then install the right patch.. the international version for DVD or CD, depending on your game version.

Hope some of this helps...

The problem is that I never installed a patch.. I tried, but Battlefront II wouldn't let me because it says is uncompiliant with all the patches I've tried. Is my problem really different to the rest, or is a tipical one?. I'll take a look to the SWBT I tweakguide also.

EDIT: I've unistalled-reinstalled the game and Installed the Internatioan DVD patch (mine), but the problem keeps the same, is the domestic patch supposed to solve this?

You don't need the patch if the version you have on DVD is 1.1. Earlier releases of the game were 1.0 and even then the game should run fine in 1.0.

Are you using a graphics card or onboard intergrated graphics from the mobo? There is a problem with the game running without a TnL adaptor. I assume most graphics cards nowadays have them... but even SWBF1 won't run unless you have a TnL adaptor. Although, anytime I've had this problem I got an alert as soon as the game started to run. Also make sure you've updated your graphic drivers for the card or mobo.

Make sure in your Video options you have Vsinc on. This stops the game from displaying a framerate greater than your monitor is capable of. LCD monitors usually can't go beyond 75hz. If you have your graphics turned all the way up and Vsinc off.. it may display the graphics higher than your monitor can support and the screen will black out. I would also try lowering your graphic settings if you think it may be related.

I've a (lastest Drivers)8500GT, 1.5 gigs ram, and AMD Athlon 64 2800+, it is more than enough to play it. That's why I'm confused. Don't know what's causing, and it is the first time that I try it in this Comp.

About my monitor, I have already played bfII in another CP with this monitor.

The monitor may be good but if you have VSINC turned off.. your game may try and display at a rate your monitor wasn't built for.. so your game will black out. ALT-TAB should bring you out of the game and back to desktop if this is your problem.

Also make sure you have Direct X 9 installed. "Windows Update" should list it as a software update.. and I believe it's an optional one. If you can't access "Windows Update".. you'll have to Google for a redistributable one.

Archived