Home

Terantanek Appearance in KOTOR II

Arcesious

We've all played Kotor I right? Rember Kashyyyk and Korriban? Remember those aweosme creatures called Terantaneks that looked way cooler than any other monster in both games? I've downlaoded abotu every appearance addign mdo for k2 that has creatures i cna fidn, and none have the Terantanek. I don't Have KOTOR I for PC, onyl Kotor II, so i can't do this mod myself under that circumstance. All i'm requesting is that soemoen take the Terantanek appaerane from K1 and put it in a mod for K2, preferably makign it comaptible with a heavily edied appaeance 2da file, meanign TSL patcher would be needed there.

Who wouldn't like turning one of your part members into a terantanek pet, a creature bred to hunt and kill jedi, as you play as an all poweerful sith lord in TSL? :dsaber:

As long as it's not Bastila then go ahead, I don't want to kiss a one of those monsters

Could replace Hanharr, he's already got the growling voice and bad temper. The Terant.... (can never remember the spelling of those) ...Terra Tank model is not present in the TSL game data though, so it wouldn't work unless someone can model a new one. :)

Maybe i should just buy Kotor 1 for computer and try to do it myself... people after all have made mods that take things from K1 and put it in the TSL game, on filefront, and those people haven't gotten in any trouble for doing so. For example, the monster mod adds a few creatures to tSL from K1, such as a full grown rancor, there's the carth & bastila appaearance adding mods, etc, etc... Are there compatibility issues between appearances in those two games or something? as makign a whoel new model of a terantanek for tSL instead of just tkaign th eone form K1 and putting it in TSL seems rediculous.

Maybe i should just buy Kotor 1 for computer and try to do it myself... people after all have made mods that take things from K1 and put it in the TSL game, on filefront, and those people haven't gotten in any trouble for doing so. For example, the monster mod adds a few creatures to tSL from K1, such as a full grown rancor, there's the carth & bastila appaearance adding mods, etc, etc... Are there compatibility issues between appearances in those two games or something? as makign a whoel new model of a terantanek for tSL instead of just tkaign th eone form K1 and putting it in TSL seems rediculous.

Actually none of the mods on KotORFiles have ported content.

The appearences you mentioned (Rancor, Carth etc) were already in TSL.

If modding is not "official" anyway, why should there even be any porting restrictions in the first place? Unless you're going to try to market your mods (which would be illegal w/o some kind of licensing agreement anyway), why should it even be an issue? The emphasis here is on the word "should", btw (so saying it's illegal b/c it's illegal is just a weasely kind of cop out).

Perhaps. But the fact is that porting would piss off LucasArts/Bioware/whoever, and that's something we're keen to avoid. :)

In fact, even discussion of this is against the rules.

@Arcesious: Yes, they are. They just weren't used in the gameplay. There's an old saying..."Don't tell your mother how to suck eggs"...? ;)

Discussions of porting (taking assets from one game and moving them to another) is against forum rules. We don't want the forum to get in trouble with LA and we don't want to get in trouble with either Bioware or Obsidian--we have a good relationship with all three and we'd like to keep it that way. Further posts on porting will be deleted, or this thread will simply be closed. Please return to the topic of possibly modeling a terentatek in TSL.

If modding is not "official" anyway, why should there even be any porting restrictions in the first place? Unless you're going to try to market your mods (which would be illegal w/o some kind of licensing agreement anyway), why should it even be an issue? The emphasis here is on the word "should", btw (so saying it's illegal b/c it's illegal is just a weasely kind of cop out).

It's not so much a matter of it being illegal or not as it is a desire of this community not ending up in a situation where we have to find out the hard way. :) From what I've heard game developers are not happy about their assets being "re-used" in other games.

According to the rules of these forum discussion is prohibited of how to port assets between different games. I believe the policies of LucasFiles and KotorFiles similarly disallow hosting of mods containing assets from other games. We obviously can't prevent you from porting assets in mods, but you can't talk about them here. :)

Anyway, all this is getting off-topic in this thread. Since the model doesn't exist in TSL the requested mod cannot be done unless someone can model one either from scratch or by tweaking existing models.

Archived