Home

"Tierra 2"

MJ

Hey there, gang. Thought I might try for some constructive feedback here.

I've been sorting through some ideas, trying to see what I could work on and script as a radio series I can voice by myself. Now there's a couple of viable ideas, but there's also a spinoff idea I have based around the Tierra world. It essentially focuses on Tomas Encion working for the Muertos de Negro, the Death In Black. They handle all the problem cases with soul claiming.

So my choices are at the moment go with that, or go with something completely new and original. Part of me would finally love to do a Tierra sequel, I'm just not sure how popular something like that would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything you do will be gold. this is fact. A Men in Black/Torchwood spin off would give you a lot of mineable material.

But i have to ask, what happened to the "Original" Terra 2? You know, "The Search for the Treasure of the big Kahuna" staring Red, 2, and DeCazadora? Cause I still have that preview reel you did from way way back.

I know you mentioned a Doctor Who fan-radioplay-fic at some point too...

Good catch, Adventurer. I was wondering if anyone would remember that.

At the moment, 'In Search of the Big Kahuna' is essentially abandoned. But who knows? I might get back to Newcastle one day and drag Stanley into a recording studio and make it. But that's on the other side of the country. So never say never...

You want to know the funny thing though? I've written the Tierra book, and I'm trying to shop it to publishers. I'm two chapters into writing the sequel. The sequel is the 'Big Kahuna' story. So maybe, one day, you'll get to see it in one form or another.

'Big Kahuna' has Miguel and Death in it as well. Stuart and Lawrence weren't there to provide the voices on the day that we recorded the trailer.

In the grand scheme of things, the 'Muertos de Negro' story would have been "Tierra 3". If I make it that far in writing. :)

Beneath Monkey Island? Believe me, I've been trying.

Essentially, I'm being held up by the actor who did the voice of Guybrush. Everything else is recorded and ready (Stanley and I recorded all our lines for all remaining 8 parts last year), I just don't have Guybrush's lines... and I've been waiting for months. I keep being told they'll be with me soon (and I keep e-mailing...) but so far they haven't turned up, and it's been ages.

So I guess at the end of February, if nothing changes, I'll start looking for a new Guybrush. Because the radio series is essentially finished in the production stages, it would be a shame to lose it at this point.

It's not a step I'd like to take, for the sake of continuity though. :/

Seriously this is me talking your buddy B00 talking you need to either kick that guys ass or find a new man for the job. We really would like to hear more BMI and if one man isn't making good on his promises he needs to be either kicked into submission or axed.

Yeah, I know... but still, it's not something I'd like to do.

The only way I'd feel okay with it, just for the sake of Beneath Monkey Island? Is if Domonic Armato himself agreed to bless me with his services.

Archived