Home

Corrupting the Handmaiden

hoyce

Forgive the probably stupid question but:

Is there any way to corrupt the Handmaiden to the Dark Side?

I've committed all manner of Dark Side Point Earning deeds with her around, and the best I can get her is barely on the dark side of neutral, but then she drifts back to neutral again within a few minutes. I have pretty good influence with her (I think) but alas, she remains stubbornly neutral.

Everyone else in the group is tainted by my evil, even the T3 droid and Bao-Dur, but she seems immune! Does she simply have a better resistance than others?

Thanks,

Hoyce

I have had a hard time 'corrupting' her as well. Although I can make her shift to the darkside, but not completely. You know when she is on the darkside when:

her clothing turns black

That is really the only thing that could possibly help. Other than that, I think that it is a bug.

By the Way: Welcome to LucasForums!!

-Rev

The best thing you can do with the Handmaiden is train with her. Do all the training you can with her and you will gain influence with her. Then if you play your cards right (read a strategy guide) she can be trained in the ways of the Force and will become a Dark Jedi Guardian and you will have 100% influence over her.

Keep in mind that even though you have corrupted her, she will still freak out at you if you do a dark side act infront of her. I never liked that part, but that's just the way the game is designed.

Yep Shem is right, the key is to gain influence (i.e. Train her to be a Jedi) and if you yourself are Darkside by the time she turns into a jedi, her alignment will be close to your own (although it wont be exact). Thing is, unless your a Sith Lord, your allies will never mirror your exactly and will actually move in the opposite direction slightly if you ungroup them.

The key to Handmaiden is to train her (spar) 3x at levels 12, 15, & 18 and talk to Kreia about her Mother and she'll become a jedi and move over to whatever alignment your character currently is.

Other than that, its very hard to turn her to the dark side without training her to be a jedi. I'm pretty sure its possible but haven't been able to do it otherwise myself.

Hope that helps.

The way the Influence system works is that once you gain the Handmaiden's trust, she'll follow your alignment, REGARDLESS what it is. So, if you say LS stuff to her, and you get the Handmadien to follow you, and if you are still DS, she will turn DS too.

So that was how I corrupted her. Corrupted T3-M4 in much the same method.

By the way, is there any way to actually lose influence with Mira and train her into a Jedi class of the opposite alignment? I also wonder if the character endings that Kreia prophesizes depend on their alignment or on yours. I'm entertaining the notion of a playthrough where a Sith Lord trains a bunch of light side Jedi.

Training your force sensitive companions is always based on influence. Hence, you need to have enough influence with the character in order to train them to be jedi, regardless of what your alignment is. But this becomes a little more difficult for DS players because many of your companions are originally light sided to begin with. So forget trying to turn Mira into a dark jedi with low influence with her. Its not like you could lock her into a room and torture her for a week to 'break' her will or anything.

We unfortunately to have that 'option' ;)

Training your force sensitive companions is always based on influence. Hence, you need to have enough influence with the character in order to train them to be jedi, regardless of what your alignment is

Actually, while you need enough influence, you don't need to have HIGH influence with them. Low enough influence is also okay as well. If you have very high influence, or very low influence, you can train someone to be a Jedi. The difference is that "high influence"="person follows your alignment" and "low influence"="person goes against your alignment, no matter what". You can also unlock the 'influence dialogue' if you have low influence as well.

It allows you to manlipuate people, allowing for a Sith Lord to train LS Jedi, for instance. And in the end, it is easier, it allows for people who hate Kreia to go and heap abuse on her, and still learn her secrets. I don't like how the influence system works though, because it's a bit counterintivuate.

Interesting, although I don't see the logic in being able to train them to be a jedi if you have very low influence. Thats like saying, I don't like who you are, but I'm here anyway so why don't you train me to become a jedi, because your cool regardless?

While I haven't been able to try this out, I'll have to test this with KSE if its truly possible. And regarding the Kreia influence thing, whats the point of that? Thats like saying, your totally annoying, a failure of a student but I'm gonna tell you my life's story anyway?

*shrugs* Games these days eh?

• 2 months later...

I've never tried getting my fun-loving, totally sane and upstanding crew to do what I want by gettign them to hate me. To be honest I didn't have any confirmation the game guide was right until just now so I can't share much with you, chaps. When I play dark I usually just turn everyone into Jedi like I normally would then use that influence to drag them into the red with me, though I never have managed to gain much influence with Canderous. To atone for the charitable, chivalrous deeds I do to make the light side portion of the crew respect me, I usually start acting terrible again while they aren't around.

Is it possible to turn Brianna into a Force user is you make her give you the silent treatment? As far as I know that's one of the best ways to get her to hate me but I never find any conversation options when I do it.

By the way, is there any way to actually lose influence with Mira and train her into a Jedi class of the opposite alignment? I also wonder if the character endings that Kreia prophesizes depend on their alignment or on yours. I'm entertaining the notion of a playthrough where a Sith Lord trains a bunch of light side Jedi.

I thought that Mira could onlly join your party if you were a light-sided character?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The best thing you can do with the Handmaiden is train with her. Do all the training you can with her and you will gain influence with her. Then if you play your cards right (read a strategy guide) she can be trained in the ways of the Force and will become a Dark Jedi Guardian and you will have 100% influence over her.

Keep in mind that even though you have corrupted her, she will still freak out at you if you do a dark side act infront of her. I never liked that part, but that's just the way the game is designed.

Which I always found to be funny since if you're darkside then you should be cool with killing the guy that didn't sell his droid for a lower price :lol:

Archived