Home

Oblivion Questions

Aash Li

I knew how to do this one, or had a mod for this, cant remember which...

But, how do you make the character able to spin around to face you in 3rd person?

Also any good mods to recommend? Im using a bunch of figure mods, and some enviromental mods. What about leveling and stuff?

I knew how to do this one, or had a mod for this, cant remember which...

But, how do you make the character able to spin around to face you in 3rd person?

I don't remember if it's bindable, but pressing the right SHIFT key will toggle between first and third person mode, while holding down the SHIFT key and moving the mouse will rotate the camera around your character.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away from Cyrodil for a quite while and I must say, it is sooo good to be back.

"Who's that Redguard over there running naked with those deer?

...must have a screw loose."

I've already killed one of the two Mythic Dawn spies and I'm suppose to find the other. I just can't seem to remember where he/she was. It's been a while and I've been busy restoring my castle to it's original glory and beyond.

At what level does Sheogorath's realm become available?

I wonder what my people at Battlehorn Castle will think of me when I experiment with porphyric hemophilia.

Think I can get my chef to fetch me a Bloody Mary? :p

...or perhaps a bloody Melissa or Kristina, or Harold for that matter.

The search for Shadowbanish wine continues.

By the way, what are some of the most coveted items in Cyrodil?

What is it that you just have to have?

Is there a known location for the Ring of Perfection?

May your travels bring you fortune and may the blessings of St. Alessia be upon you.

I'm playing it. I need 3 more shadowbanish wine bottles. I think i need 4 more nirn roots. I've gone alot of brotherhood quests, got to the point where fighters guild, mages guild, and dark brotherhood missions are all within the same area, so i'm travelling down to leyawiin and raiding any dungeon that stands in my way. I've almost got enough to purchase the house in Skingrad. Learned that Varla Stones recharge most enchanted weapons. I can't wait until I'm able to enchant my armor and weapons.

I can't wait until I'm able to enchant my armor and weapons.

Why wait? Download Wizard’s Tower and you will get a home high in the Jeral Mountains. It also comes with an Enchanting and Spellmaking station without having to join the Mages Guild. To make them functional will cost you some gold, but true happiness in Cyrodiil is only found through gold.

Don’t know how much you know, but Black Soul Gems can be produced early in the game provided you can find Grand Soul Gems, know how to make them and know where to go to make them. Once you figure that out, you can enchant some great weapons, armor, robes, jewelry and clothing. Real men and women wear rings and necklaces in Cyrodiil.

I've been away from Cyrodil for a quite while and I must say' date=' it is sooo good to be back.[/quote']I’ve been longing to return, but I’m still too busy saving the galaxy. Still trying to get the hang of the sniper rifle and use to Wrex wearing Phoenix Armor.

"Who's that Redguard over there running naked with those deer?

...must have a screw loose." [/Quote]If you hear the sound of a bow string and suddenly get a splitting headache look around for a little wood elf stalking her prey. ;)

I've already killed one of the two Mythic Dawn spies and I'm suppose to find the other. I just can't seem to remember where he/she was. [/Quote]Try their hideout, the basement, cave or the woods by the runestone you are told they go at dusk to spy on Cloud Ruler Temple.

At what level does Sheogorath's realm become available?
Right away, but like stoffe has written it does not make much sense story wise for you to become Sheogorath’s champion a lower levels. However I still do it so that I can get the Dark Seducers armor and then go back to Cyodiil and enchant it. I’m more into fashion than stats or the story in this game.

By the way, what are some of the most coveted items in Cyrodil?

What is it that you just have to have?[/Quote]Black Soul Gems… or Grand Soul Gems so that you can make Black Soul Gems. With enough Black Soul Gems and a working Enchantment Altar you can make whatever you need.

Ring of Perfection is another coveted item, but as far as I know it is totally random on where to find it. I only believe I have found it once or twice.

Can’t remember the name of the ring, but the ring you can find while doing Countess Narina Carvain quest early in the game is a good ring at the early stages of the game. It is an undocumented quest but you find clues and the ring in the hidden valley.

I also really like the ring you can get from the undocumented quest after buying the house in Skingrad. I believe it is called Ring of the Gray and it gives you Detect Life (50ft, I think), Fortify Acrobatics, Fortify Marksman, Fortify Security, Fortify Sneak and Resist Poison. I just like the Detect Life early in the game.

May your travels bring you fortune and may the blessings of St. Alessia be upon you.
Same to you, just watch yourself around cute little wood elves.;)

...and use to Wrex wearing Phoenix Armor.

Yeah, pink is not a good color for a Krogan. I was always partial to the Scorpion. Did a lot of dirty work in that camo.

If you hear the sound of a bow string and suddenly get a splitting headache look around for a little wood elf stalking her prey. ;)

I heard they were fast but, if I happen to survive that encounter, we will truly see how fast little wood elves are.

360 question:

Is there a way to transfer downloaded content to another profile that isn't an X-box live subscriber and into another game already in progress?

Is it wrong to keep the Honor Blade of Chorrol for my own use?

I'd hate to give it back. It's just so shiny.

I just finished that honor blade of chorral mission. i sold it to the guy..

should've told the brother about it before i sold it though

now i'm headed to the forlorn watchman in bravil, after i see what's going on with that, headed to leyawiin to complete about 5 missions.

I heard they were fast but' date=' if I happen to survive that encounter, we will truly see how fast little wood elves are.[/Quote'] Better have a Black Horse or Shadowmere if you expect to catch her. If she is wearing her Huntsman Vest, Huntsman Leather Pants, Wrist Irons, Mythic Dawn Hood and Huntsman Moccasin know that they have all been enchanted with Speed, combine that with the birthsign Steed and she is pretty quick. At a pretty high level she was able to keep up with the Black Horse Couriers. Although with her skill with Acrobatics and her deadly precision with a bow and ability to remain unseen she usually does not run for long before dispatching her enemy from a safe distance. Now if she is wearing the Dark Seducers armor, watch out for the Ancient Akaviri katana that has been enchanted with fire. So if you have already began your experiment with porphyric hemophilia beware, she hates those vile creatures.

I just realized there are no achievement points for becoming a vampire or for finding the vampire cure I’m only missing one achievement from Oblivion (even though I never even knew about achievements until Mass Effect came out) and the one I’m missing is become Duke of Mania Rank in the Shievering Isles as I went the other way becoming the Duke of Dementia. My understanding is the vampire cure is one of the more difficult quests, I wonder why it was not made an achievement for the 360.

360 question:

Is there a way to transfer downloaded content to another profile that isn't an X-box live subscriber and into another game already in progress?[/Quote]Edit: I was completely wrong, it worked for my old 360, but on the new one the downloaded content only works for that profile. If you find out let me know please and I will do the same.

Is it wrong to keep the Honor Blade of Chorrol for my own use?

I'd hate to give it back. It's just so shiny.

No, you are just taking your time before you return it. You just want to make sure it is the authentic Honor Blade of Chorrol. You are just protecting the people of Chorrol from getting excited and then dashing their hope if the blade is a forgery. Keep it, for your research until you find a better blade, sorry I meant to write, until you are positive it is real, and then you can complete the quest.

now i'm headed to the forlorn watchman in bravil
One of my favorite quest in Oblivion. It was one of the few quests that actually had a little heart to it. I love Oblivion, but after playing Mass Effect I’ve realized emotion is what is sorely missing from Oblivion. There is no “I remember me” moments or quest in Oblivion.

Edit: I was completely wrong, it worked for my old 360, but on the new one the downloaded content only works for that profile. If you find out let me know please and I will do the same.

...and then, depression set in.

I'm currently using all of the jedi calming techniques that I can remember as to not surrender to anger and go on a murderous rampage.

I've also recently switched up 360's and I was completely unaware of this change.

My old one allowed downloaded content to be used by any profile, so when I got the new one, I never thought to play exclusively on the X-Box live profile with the downloaded content.

I'm level 20 now on another profile. UUUUUUUUGGGHHHHH !!!! :mad2:

What's funny is that on this other profile, Battlehorn Castle and the Horse Armor downloads did transfer over. I never thought to check out the 'Isles' download because when I started this new game over, I remembered Stoffe's suggestion of not going there until I reached a higher level.

So when I reached about level 18, I then tried to go and download it (as I had with my old 360) and Phhhhhhhtt ! Nothing.

I really don't welcome the thought of starting over right now, my character is right where I want him to be. However, If I can't find a solution, starting over will be my only other option. I desperately need gear from Sheogorath's realm. Plus, there's a few people I have to see in Dimentia.

Oh well, thanks anyway. I'll see what else I can find out.

Its pretty simple that Oblivion has a key that enables third person. Its easily bindable. Anyway just hold the key down and the camera will begin to revolve around the player

I still prefer Morrowind plot wise and setting wise to Oblivion. But Oblivion beats it Engine wise and graphic wise. Since Morrowind now looks ghetto compared to Oblivion.

Eventually there will be Elder Scrolls 5. After Fallout3...

Also in relation to modding since Oblivion is easily moddable I would recommend actually looking for mods. There are dozens of Oblivion and Morrowind modding sites. Off the top of my head

http://www.tesnexus.com/

...can't seem to remember how to kick off the quest to rid myself of this most retched disease.

I've had my fill of the nightlife.

I remember something about a quest for the cure for someone else, but I can't remember who. It's been too long.

Nothin' like having your own taxidermist. I love walking in my front door into the arms of a Daedroth. Sweet.

...can't seem to remember how to kick off the quest to rid myself of this most retched disease.
Arcane University Lobby - Talk to Raminus Polus.

An alternative cure would be to wait around in a vampire lair until my little wood elf shows up. Although her cure for those creature is a bit more permanent than you may be seeking. I had to start her completely over so you may have to wait around awhile.

An alternative cure would be to wait around in a vampire lair until my little wood elf shows up. Although her cure for those creature is a bit more permanent than you may be seeking.

Elf blood huh, not my first choice, but it'll do for now.

I'm just wondering what wood it'll taste like. Maple, hickory, oak...

If I were you, I'd probably lay low for a while until I get my blood chemistry back under control. Then you wouldn't have to fear me. As it stands now, not only am I proficient and skillful, but vampirism gives me a nasty disposition as well.

lol that's because vvardenfell had a volcano erupt...

No I mean its like comparing Deus Ex to Half-Life 2 graphic wise. It looks like Morrowind was made 10 years before Oblivion in comparison. I am glad that they are currently mapping Morrowind in Oblivion's engine as a mod.

Elf blood huh, not my first choice, but it'll do for now.

I'm just wondering what wood it'll taste like. Maple, hickory, oak...[/Quote]She is a Southern Wood Elf, so she has the sweet aroma of the Magnolia grand flora. As to taste, I don’t know her blood would probably turn to sugar in your creature's vile mouth.

If I were you' date=' I'd probably lay low for a while until I get my blood chemistry back under control.[/quote']She has to remain low for awhile as I have to build her back up to her predecessors level before tackling vampires. I went with the Wood Elf again, this time I choice the birthsign The Theft (10 point bonus to Agility, Speed and Luck), instead of The Steed (20 point bonus to Speed). I made a custom class titled Vamp Killer (The title says it all). Just became a Blade and I’ve already found a Grand Soul Gem, so even though she is only at level 2 now, she is well on her way to living up to her title. Just have to get the gold together to buy those candles and then get her blade skill and strength up. Off to fight a few mud craps hand to claw. Then explore a few enemies of the Empire hideouts. Angel will see you soon (but you will not see her). ;)

Archived