Home

Question about DOD packages.

Tooplex

Ive been wondering something for a while about the DOD Packages. They have 3 packages right? In rank of importance it would be The Car, Boat and train. What actually affects how you get what package that determines how your chosen it because i never felt it explained it to me in the game.

Not to mention If they think that the train is best i would rather have a sports car than ride in the train get to explore the whole land of the dead it would be awesome!

(I know Grim Fandango is fictional just wondering about in game lore)

They also have the walking stick, and I think I remember seeing a picture of a bus on Manny's computer screen during the intro scene. They probably have quite a lot of different packages.

I guess that the train is better because it takes you straight away to the Ninth Underworld. For us, the players, the idea of exploring the Land of the Dead might seem like an appealing idea, but it's not thought to be a good thing in the game because it's dangerous, you can get lost or even lose hope and never reach eternal rest.

They also have the walking stick, and I think I remember seeing a picture of a bus on Manny's computer screen during the intro scene. They probably have quite a lot of different packages.

I guess that the train is better because it takes you straight away to the Ninth Underworld. For us, the players, the idea of exploring the Land of the Dead might seem like an appealing idea, but it's not thought to be a good thing in the game because it's dangerous, you can get lost or even lose hope and never reach eternal rest.

You would never get lost with a car ;) just follow the roads.

There are more packages than you know! Those 3 packages are just examples presented by Manny. There could be any offers that helps you across the Land of the Dead. We've seen the walking stick, as well as coffin delivery ie. I could imagine bicycles, electric wheelchairs, donkey ride (sadly, they are "whole other bureau"), rocket ride (make your own) and more! :p

There must be a way to get there on wheels as those unlucky enough to qualify for the coffin transportation method (Don't forget about that one!) are taken there via a 4-year van journey. :D

They'd probably be taken over the sea on a boat, though.

There must be a way to get there on wheels as those unlucky enough to qualify for the coffin transportation method (Don't forget about that one!) are taken there via a 4-year van journey. :D

They'd probably be taken over the sea on a boat, though.

Isn't that how they transport cars abroad in this world? They transport them by ferrys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived