Home

The Ban on Sagging Pants Debated on Dr. Phil

MdKnightR

We've discussed this here before, so I thought I'd give all you debaters a heads-up. The ban on sagging pants is the topic of discussion on Dr. Phil Monday. It looks like its going to be pretty heated, so I plan to watch. We can discuss it more in depth here after it airs.

Didn't Dr. Phil used to have dignity?

Wasn't he the guy who tried to keep troubled marriages together? And give advise to those who are getting divorced? And help parents with their out-of-control kids?

Now he's discussing Britney Spears and debating the ever so important issue of sagging pants?

Didn't Dr. Phil used to have dignity?

Wasn't he the guy who tried to keep troubled marriages together? And give advise to those who are getting divorced? And help parents with their out-of-control kids?

Now he's discussing Britney Spears and debating the ever so important issue of sagging pants?

He still does those things......and Britney Spears does need help regardless of what you think about her. For the record, I don't like her either. And its not the "sagging pants" that is the real issue, it is all the underlying problems that are associated with it such as gangs (aka "out of control kids"), public decency, and the notion that speaking out against it is inherently racist. The pants themselves are a symptom of bigger issues.

Wow and I thought the UK were nuts for banning smoking in every enclosed space - Nah seriously the out of control kids are a big issue, I'm only 24 but things have changed a lot since I was eighteen... feels like a century ago. Something does need to be done about it though, it's only going to get worse if not.

--Stream

Interesting. Wonder if this little debate will make me think any higher of Dr. Phil...
Dr. Phil is just another person...

@ the issue of the ban on sagging pants-- I really wouldn't/don't mind it. I don't personally wear my pants like that, so it really has no effect on me.

@ the issue of the ban on sagging pants-- I really wouldn't/don't mind it. I don't personally wear my pants like that, so it really has no effect on me.

I don't understand this mindset at all. "I don't personally do something, so if it's banned, then I don't care.

Imagine having such a mindset during a time like the civil rights movement. "I'm not black, so I don't care if they have rights."

I dont think this is going to go anywhere. Its unconstitutional. They cant require people to not wear baggy pants. This is not something that you make into a law, its something that shouldnt even have to be mentioned. I think the effort needs to be put into going after gangs and dealing with all the underlying problems young people have. Telling people to pull up their pants isnt going to change anything. Besides the cops have better things to do. This is almost as much of a waste of time for them as stopping to get donuts.

I dont think this is going to go anywhere. Its unconstitutional. They cant require people to not wear baggy pants. This is not something that you make into a law, its something that shouldnt even have to be mentioned. I think the effort needs to be put into going after gangs and dealing with all the underlying problems young people have. Telling people to pull up their pants isnt going to change anything. Besides the cops have better things to do. This is almost as much of a waste of time for them as stopping to get donuts.
What about guns-for-belts programs then?

I don't understand this mindset at all. "I don't personally do something, so if it's banned, then I don't care.

Imagine having such a mindset during a time like the civil rights movement. "I'm not black, so I don't care if they have rights."

IMO, your statement is out of context. :)

[align=center]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/align]

Okay, how should I explain this...okay, the analogy that TK-8252 used IMO, is of context. We are talking about the ban on sagging pants, not something so huge as the civil rights movement. That is my opinion. :) Hope that cleared it up. I know that I probably shouldn't have said what I did, but rather refine. :)

-Rev

Oh, I'd agree that my analogy might not be the best, but I do think that it holds merit. I didn't have to use civil rights as the example; I could have used something else.

"I don't drink apple juice, so if it were banned, then I wouldn't care."

(Unless of course you do drink apple juice.) :p

This is also a similar mindset I see with the smoking debate, although I don't want to go too far off-topic. "I don't smoke, so if it's banned, then I wouldn't care."

Why not live and let live? Why not stand up for the rights of others to do as they wish? You know, as in: "I disagree with what you have to say, but will fight to the death to protect your right to say it."

You like seeing pants so low that you can see a guy's skid marks? :lol:

I would certainly hat to see that, as always.

But I would happily support that hutt sagging his pants showing his stinkin skid marks. Point, this is an extremely bad way to solve a problem. Its basically a severe invasion to civil rights in return for minimal effect on fighting crime.

"I may not agree with your sagging pants but I will defend to the death your right to wear it" -- some old dude.

You like seeing pants so low that you can see a guy's skid marks? :lol:
What eye-candy? Every person I've seen with sagging pants it's directly blocking any ability to size up the ass. Plus most of them don't have nice asses in the first place, hence the sagging.

[/angry-gay-rampage-ness]

I was referring to the front, not the rear. Most guys with sagging pants wear boxers. Boxers can be revealing... especially if they're undersized. :D

I got loads of eye candy as a pizza driver. :naughty:

"I don't drink apple juice, so if it were banned, then I wouldn't care."

(Unless of course you do drink apple juice.) :p

Martin Nimoeller's quote is something I wish people would remember more often.

Archived