Home

missing targeting circle?

pheeph

Perhaps you're looking out the rear window.

actually, I usually stare what's in front of the cockpit. I rarely look at the rear. The fact that the targeting circle is missing (not talking about the reticule), I'm pretty much blind trying to find Tie fighters (fighters, interceptors, and bombers don't stand out easily).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there an easier alternative to fix this? Perhaps someone knows how to code a mod that will cause the targeted object to flash red or orange or something?

I really want to play this game in 3D mode. It looks awesome but dogfighting without the targeting box is a pain.

• 2 months later...

I registered just to post here because this may be worth mentioning to anyone who may be trying independantly to find a solution for us 8+ series nvidia users. While the root problem has been demonstrated to be driver related, as seen by the fact that the 160.xx something driver fixes the reticle and disappearing graphic issues for 32bit users, and the 158.27 driver fixed the disappearing graphic issue for me (x64, the other driver is not available for 64-bit) but not the reticle, it stands to reason that the issue may have another workaround, should someone with the right knowledge know how to go about fixing it. To date, this problem has always been described as a "disappearing" or "missing" targetting reticule when in fact it is not. The reticule is always there even though it is sometimes difficult and other times impossible to see. This is because the reticule, for reasons unknown, changes color - from the normal yellow, to red, green, darker shades of green, and then black, and it fluctuates randomly. You can see this if you target a larger than normal vessel, such as a capital ship like an ISD, that the reticle normally doesnt fall around the outer edges of, but rather falls just inside the edge. There you can see the black corner brackets of the reticle.

While this bit of information may be inconsequential and largely irrelevant, I have not seen it presented anywhere in any of the discussions about this problem, and thus I thought to bring it to your attention. The problem is not a missing graphic, but rather a miscolored one. For any who may have been searching for why this is happening, I hope this helps.

//copied from my identical post on the lucasarts tech support forum for anyone here that's interested in investigating//

Archived