Home

6 Level Final Version

Darth_Linux

I'm uploading the final version to my FileFront account tonight. I'm having problems with the jediknight.net ftp account, so I'll post the link to the download over at FileFront as soon as it's ready. It's 428MB to download and includes all the movies, menu fixes, missing textures, new map versions, etc.

stay tuned . . .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the version of dfmod_2008.zip dated 1/28/2008 has an extra nested directory in the pk3 file. Delete your DFMOD installation (or remove "build" from the pk3 internal directory structure and rename "autoexec.cfg.sam" to "autoexec.cfg") and download the corrected version with a date of 1/29/2008. It should be ready to download around 7PM, -8GMT, 1/29/2008.

sorry for the inconvience:(

THANK YOU and all the team for a fantastic achievement, it is wonderful to have DF AND a mod for JKA, you will long be remembered by those of us who follow the Force. thanks so much, I know how much work this must have taken you all and the dedication to bring it home for us all. Thank you again. There will be celebrating at the Academy tonight. :)

Darth_Linux the original release of the 6 level demo worked very well for me in 640x480 with everything in High Quality and on Windows Vista. But when I start up JA by the instructions you mentioned in the readme it starts up giving me The original Jedi Knight Jedi Acedemy startup screen then it crashes giving me the bad mode error.

I've bbeen watching this for years - 1st, I really want to say thanks and it's great to see it get as far as this - 2nd - I want to echo ryu91's problem above - I tried to load the mod, got this error on the console:

FSH_FOpenFile: bad mode

Checked video settings per Darth linux's suggestion, and also tried loading the mod via the mod menu and via a shortcut I built on my desktop (same set up as the previous demos).

I also noticed 3 of the cfg files have a .sam extension - is that correct?

Sorry for the barrage of questions/comments... just really anticipated this release (a lot).

fixed version is up now and ready to download. Again, I'm sorry about flubbing that upload. I shoulda checked it out first, but I'd checked it so many times in a slightly different configuration and when I made the PK3, it included an extra directory that I overlooked.

again, enjoy!

I also first heard of this ambitious project 5 long years ago.

I'm looking forward to playing this when I get home.

Also I am quite sure that the assets you have produced over the past years will inspire people to make some new content.

Good Luck with your future projects.

I've been following the Dark Forces Mod for 5 years. I'm so glad the 6 level version has been released. I just downloaded it but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I can't wait to start on it. I've been waiting for it for 5 years. JA and JO are my favorite games.

All hail Darth Linux! You deserve a medal while celebration music is playing.

I've been following the Dark Forces Mod for 5 years. I'm so glad the 6 level version has been released. I just downloaded it but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I can't wait to start on it. I've been waiting for it for 5 years. JA and JO are my favorite games.

All hail Darth Linux! You deserve a medal while celebration music is playing.

thanks!

I installed the mod and put all the files in the correct locations, but it doesn't seem to work correctly. I assume the new command line is supposed to go right to the mod, but the only way I can access it is to use the "Load Mod" screen in JKA. It comes up with a menu, but no text on the menus. I managed to click around and start a new game, but the briefing screen also has no text. Here's how the command line is, maybe I have it wrong:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\JediAcademy.exe" "+set fs_game dfmod"

if you just extracted the zip file without changing anything, you will want to set the file system to look for dfmod_2008 instead of just dfmod.

My shourtcut looks like this:

F:\games\ja\GameData\jasp.exe +set fs_game dfmod_2008

NO quotation marks anywhere . . . also note that the binary is "jasp.exe" not "jediacademy.exe".

HTH

wow the level of immersion was just amazing,thank you,Darth_Linux and the dark forces team,this was just..amazing,fest,gromas mines and the detention levels were large beyong scope and i really felt like i was breaking in to these imperial installations and bases.i did want to ask i did try out the other levels..like robotics and narshada and they were mostly done right?i mean apart from missing textures,they seemed to be all there.the fuelstation even had enemies waiting for you when you reach the station itself.what as missing from the robotics level and the narshada,in terms of finishing?but again thank you guys for transporting us back to those days from dark forces...and making us remember those long hours playing but now with better graphics.

wow the level of immersion was just amazing,thank you,Darth_Linux and the dark forces team,this was just..amazing,fest,gromas mines and the detention levels were large beyong scope and i really felt like i was breaking in to these imperial installations and bases.i did want to ask i did try out the other levels..like robotics and narshada and they were mostly done right?i mean apart from missing textures,they seemed to be all there.the fuelstation even had enemies waiting for you when you reach the station itself.what as missing from the robotics level and the narshada,in terms of finishing?but again thank you guys for transporting us back to those days from dark forces...and making us remember those long hours playing but now with better graphics.

Time out. Stop the press! You mean there's a way to access the other, unfinished levels as well? Please share...

well i found 4 levels,but there are no textures for most of the levels,i hope the team doesnt get angry,but in the level build there are the levels robotics,narshada,fuelstat and jabship.just type in map robotics and you should see a large part of the level,at least the outside,and the same with narshada,with that one i no clipped around but a large portion of the map is there.with the fuelststion its only the begining,and with jabbas ship again its only the begining,the only one with enemies is the fuelstation.if you also look there are shaders for impcity,the executor and also the last level called arc,which i take it means arc hammer.but it loooks like the levels robotics and narshada were almost completed,at least seems to be almost hence my question above.hpe that helps.

Archived