Home

6 Level Final Version

Darth_Linux

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So will the "give all" cheat give you all of the Dark Forces weapons or the Jedi Academy weapons? That was one thing that annoyed me about the three-level demo: I had to keep trying to remember to not to use the "give all" cheat because it did away with all the mod weapons and gave me the default ones. So I had to bind a quick key for "give ammo" and try to remember to use that instead of my "give all" quick key.

And yes, we all know that cheating is bad, blah blah blah. So please, no lectures. :)

I just got through playing the Dark Forces Mod tonight and it is totally awesome. The level of immersion was just amazing. Each of the last three levels took me close to 2 hours each to complete. The levels took me all over the place. The last week the main thing that has been on my mind is the Dark Forces Mod and Dark Forces. I borrowed my old Dark Forces game from my nephew and installed it and played Ramsees Hed. It was the first time in 12 years I played Dark Forces. The graphics are so bad its real hard on your eyes but the levels are very well done. I've compared some of the Dark Forces Mod with the old Dark Forces game. There are some differences in some of the levels. But with the JA engine those were some necessary changes. Thanks again for the awesome job with this Mod.

I would like to help! The catch? I know nothing about editing, and all that's in my head are ideas. I am extremely disappointed, though, that after playing through 6 levels that roughly look and play nothing alike to the original (apart from Secbase), the 4 unfinished maps present in the game are like carbon copies using JA graphics.

I finally got the setup to work, and all i can say is WOW! You guys have done a remarkable job with this. Thank you for your hard work. maybe one day a group will finish the great work you guys have started. untill that day i will alwyas enjoy this mod. Thanks again guys

Oh man. I still haven't played this yet but I watched a video of it on YouTube. Despite me saying it over and over again since the previous release, you guys still have the opening crawl after the first mission briefing instead of before. That ruins the effect tremendously. Please tell me you at least tried to correct that but were unsuccessful.

Oh, I don't remember. Suffice it to say, I was disappointed to find the first mission briefing still taking place before the opening crawl. I thought I'd been vocal about that enough since the previous release.

Oh well. Maybe they couldn't do it any other way?

If another team does pick the project back up, please try to correct this.

I am having the exact same problem, and correcting the shortcut link as Darth_Linux suggested does not work. Wraith_3, did this solution work for you?

I installed the mod and put all the files in the correct locations, but it doesn't seem to work correctly. I assume the new command line is supposed to go right to the mod, but the only way I can access it is to use the "Load Mod" screen in JKA. It comes up with a menu, but no text on the menus. I managed to click around and start a new game, but the briefing screen also has no text. Here's how the command line is, maybe I have it wrong:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\JediAcademy.exe" "+set fs_game dfmod"

• 3 weeks later...
just as a quick question, is the kyle model textures not supposed to show up? when i switch from 1st person to 3rd he comes out all white and gray. his cut scenes are fine just the in game textures do no show up.

this is a known bug that has been addressed numerous times on the forum already.

• 11 months later...

Hey, great to see this project is still alive. The last I read it had been abandoned. I did some texture work for you years ago, but left the project fue to other commitments. Anyway I just played through the 6 level demo and I am blown away. Great work everybody.

Cheers. I'd love to get involved in the project in some way. I've recently decided to try and learn how to use Gtkradiant. Unfortunately I can't get it to work on my vista laptop, and I've tried every solution that I could find online. Anyway I guess I'll keep looking. Has anybody else ever had problems running radiant on vista?

Archived