Home

Lightsaber Combat

Yeah, the lightsaber damages should be realistic.

You shouldn't be able to take down EVERYONE in one hit (it's a video-game, and that might make it too easy, or even too hard, especially if other Jedi can take you down in 1 hit just by nipping you with their saber), but maybe say 1-3 slashes depending on where you hit and how solid a slice it was.

And of course they could make enemies that have cortosis or lightsaber resistant armor that could be allowed to take more hits.

You shouldn't be able to take down EVERYONE in one hit (it's a video-game, and that might make it too easy, or even too hard, especially if other Jedi can take you down in 1 hit just by nipping you with their saber), but maybe say 1-3 slashes depending on where you hit and how solid a slice it was.

Well, that may apply to a ranged armed opponent (e.g. Stormtrooper). But against a melee foe, like another lightsaber user, most of the attacks should hit his/her saber. Rarely, when you manage to hit, he would be dead for good.

Yeah, there's a pressure thing in there. Quick for quick slashes, hold down for strong strikes. You can 'buy' combos as well, and mix lightsaber combat with force powers.

I hope it's more to that though, there real is no free form game except for JK, and it's mostly run around slashing until you can pull off a move.

I hope theres REALLY good lightsaber on lightsaber action, like... Movie quality battles, where they parry and everything.

I doubt it will be much more than has already been mentioned (button-mashing combo system, as DM called it). After all, it is called "The Force Unleashed", not "My Lightsaber Unleashed." (that's probably the sequel, about some poor guy who can lightsaber the hell out of people but can't force push to save his life)

Archived