Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl final roster + secrect characters (in spoiler tags)

IG-64

various25_080130a.jpg

Above you see the final roster as seen on the Smash Bros. web site, with Snake and Sonic conspicuously absent. As for the secret characters, they're pretty much confirmed, and there are plenty of leaked screenshots that look perfectly legit to back this up. They indlude:

Snake

Sonic

Ganondorf

Falco

Luigi

Mr. Game & Watch

Marth

Ness

Jigglypuff

Lucario

"Toon Link"

R.O.B. the robot

Captain Falcon

You can see the alleged proof of this here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180787, including the screenshots of the characters in action.

"Toon Link" seems to be confirmed by this screenshot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ssbb_leaks_select_screen.jpg. Also note in that screenshot, the bottom row of characters could possibly be moved over to allow for one more secret character. It's still unknown how many secret characters there will be, since they're only confirmed by people who are actually unlocking them by playing the game and putting their pictures online.

the word is that the final roster is gonna have 35 characters, and most of them are unlocked in the SSE.

Looks like the 35th one is supposedly Star Wolf: http://ranobe.com/up/src/up254176.jpg

We'll have to wait and see though... 'cause we're getting into Photoshop territory.

EDIT:

Analyze these 2 photos:

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_191240.jpg

http://ranobe.com/up/src/up254176.jpg

It looks to me like the cursor has been cut from the first picture and roughly spliced into the picture with Wolf in it. Wolf might be simply a photoshop of Fox. In fact, I did something similar nearly 4 years ago: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/326/wolf2.jpg

And I'm surprised that imageshack still hosts it from nearly 4 years ago. :p

Imageshack owns.

My school just held their finals to their N64 SMB tournament, senior team won against the sophomore team. It was (Sophomores) Mario and Kirby vs (Seniors) Ness and Pikachu - very exciting, all 1000 kids at our school was watching and cheering.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to a midnight release at the GameStop in the mall here tonight. I just got on spring break yesterday, so I have over a week to enjoy the goodness before school comes back. :D

Strange to think that it's been nearly 3 years since this game was announced, and over 6 years since the last game. But tonight, it's finally here. I'll post some first impressions tonight if I'm not too busy with the over 9000 things you can do in Brawl.

I'll post some first impressions tonight if I'm not too busy with the over 9000 things you can do in Brawl.

If I remember right, one of those 9000 options includes having Kirby create a delicious and hearty broth with the flesh and bones of the other characters.

I have it reserved at gamestop tonight, and they're having a tournament at 10 o'clock before it comes out. Me and my friend entered but I'm sure at least I'll be out in the first round. :p

I envy you. Nary a gamestop here. Nevertheless, try your hardest, if even for a first round.

Been playing it for a few hours now. When we (I and my brother) first started, it was... overwhelming. There was so much going on in one fight, that it started to give us headaches. On top of that, the wii remote controls felt wonky, and everything was pretty different. We decided to just use the gamecube controllers for something familiar to get us used to the game, and jump straight into the adventure mode on "intense". After awhile, we started to get the hang of it, and now it's all good. There's only one tiny complaint with the gamecube controls: while I don't really care that the shield is no longer analog, the fact that you have to depress the shoulder buttons all the way to get any shield at all feels a tad slow. Most of the stages are cool to look at, but they all seem really small and hard to maneuver in. Hopefully we'll get used to that. I played in one online match "against anyone" and that went pretty smoothly. Though, it was evident that we were both noobs. So far adventure mode is actually pretty cool. "Intense" difficulty adventure mode is dang hard, but it's worth the trouble.

All in all, it's kind of hard to take in all at once, but it's still a pretty awesome game. Oh, and one more little pick at the music. There's a ton of music, and it's all good quality, but most are remakes of the classic songs, and a lot of them are so different it can be difficult to make out the old songs in them (which is kind of a shame at times). But oh well, I'm still happy. :D

I finished unlocking all the characters last night. Sonic may be even more combo crazy than Meta Knight. I've not actually played much in the VS mode, so I don't know how the new items add up, but it does feel a little overwhelming with all of these extra items. Assist trophies, some three piece set that puts you on Kirby's star?, smash balls...

I'll tell you what. The SSE final boss made the Master Hand at the end of classic look like a joke.

People keep talking about how overwhelmed they are... but to be honest I felt very overwhelmed switching from Classic to Melee for the first time as well.

Point noted, I remember Melee felt almost too fast at first. However, let me illustrate this for you.

Melee:

returnjeditj5.jpg

Brawl:

starwarsepisodeiiirevennb2.jpg

Point noted, I remember Melee felt almost too fast at first. However, let me illustrate this for you.

So pretty much, Brawl is flashy and awesome in appearance but lacking substance of any kind, while Melee is a classic in every sense of the word?

Well I just beat SSE, finally lol. I felt that after about 25% I started to get bored with it but when when I entered the maze it got fun again, maybe more because I wanted to beat it and get it over with. Still don't have all the characters unlocked but I got who I wanted, Sonic :D Now I can start enjoying some multiplayer and online matches. My Wii isn't set up for online here at school but once I get it setup I'll post my Brawl code so some of us can duke it out.

One Problem...

there is a deathstar in your first picture.

it's no problem. it's still under construction! bonthan spies have told us that the weapons systems on it are not yet operational!

and i finished the SSE, really fun, except once I get into the endless maze >_<

i spent the better part of an hour playing around with Snake in training mode on Shadow Moses just so I can hear the debriefings on all the characters. my favorites were of him getting info on Sonic, Falco, and himself :D

Archived