• KOTOR timeline
    • Pre-EP1 timeline
    • Star Wars EP1-6 Saga timeline ala KOTF scam/MB2/Chronicles
    • Post-EP3 timeline
    • Jedi Academy timeline
    • Expanded Universe timeline
    • Clone Wars timeline
    • Other

CoOP would be able to save OJP, but ONLY if it were to be combined with another gamemode. For COOP to work we would need at least two full-time mappers dude, it isn't profitable nor realistic to assume that we can still pull that off in "accepted" limits. Me and the guys have been in the process of mailing a lot of authors, though, and with some luck here and there we've gotten a few returned emails too.

I think if you really want an OJP campaign, our only shot would be to ask permission for maps that would seem suitable for a Coop/TFFA combo and try to get as much life in it as we can through scripts and events. But again, this would require a mapper with a lot of time on his or her hands to decompile the thing, trace everything that frucks up, not even mentioning the work that has to be done in the first place.

:( I'm sorry UDM, I personally think that our future lies in TFFA, as much as I'd like to get KOTOR into JKA.

Or we could have the best of both worlds?

I've been doing some thinking. Being with you guys has been anything but short of fun. It's a great community, and I'm going to continue sticking around. "Open Jedi Project" is such an ambiguous name, we can do anything for/to it

I'm still sticking around co-op, but I don't mind even if there's a new game mode planned. It's just that I'd rather work on what we have currently

Hi, I am new here so i'm not sure how much my opinion counts, but I would really enjoy any co-op maps made.

I think that perhaps between ep1-6 would be the most iconic for us, but like I said any time period would provide me and my friends a large amount of enjoyment. I think the idea of asking for permission to use others maps would be a good one, however I have never used fan made content before so i'm not sure how fimilar the maps would feel to those who have been around longer.

Maybe abit off topic be I just wanted to thank you guys alot for adding bots to siege mode and the co-op. I got JA quite afew years ago and me and my friends spent some time playing the stock CTF.

I remember atleast 4-5 times over the past few years, I thought how great it would be to play co-op, but for some reason my searches never lead me here.

I just found this project yesterday and quickly installed JA.. and already, the amount of fun it has provided....

well thank you (refering to the whole OJP team) so much again for this mod.

Also I really liked how you made the effort to include the cutscenes in the campain version! Anyway, sorry for the slightly off topic rant I just felt that I atleast owned the OJP team a large thank you for all the fun they have already provided, even in the period of a day!

Just in case you might be interested, the old Dark forces mod levels (you know, the pack of three maps) worked in ojp's co-op. I played through after adding appropriate arena files and removing other effects (laser bolts and such that caused crashing). I don't know about the new pack of six, but you could possibly implement those maps for use in ojp (once more, if you are interested).

I just thought that Dark Forces was really fun, saw this topic, and thought it was a believeable approach. After all, six maps are practically done for you.

That's an interesting thought. I'm going to talk to the DF mod team to see if they would like to have a separate OJP package to be able to host DF games in the main menu. I think the best solution is to make OJP compatible with DF rather than the other way round, since OJP is after all open source

That's an interesting thought. I'm going to talk to the DF mod team to see if they would like to have a separate OJP package to be able to host DF games in the main menu. I think the best solution is to make OJP compatible with DF rather than the other way round, since OJP is after all open source

Thanks!

Yeah, I agree that, if this course was taken, OJP should be compatible with DF.

Out of curiosity, how would this package work exactly? Would there be (intead of OJP Enhanced or OJP Basic) OJP DF? Or would you add the feature into OJP with a script that would upload DF's files along with OJP in response to a command? Or something else? (just asking)

I say, finish up tweaking the current one and make most it work. Then maybe expand on that like post Korriban events. (Maybe have it choose which path to take at beginning) So that you can play things out as if you played good and didn't kill rosh (or did).

resurrected post from an old thread

o what have we here co-op story ideas well i got one

Background:

The Republic is at war with the Mandaloriens and it is not going well at all. Thankfully a lone faction of Jedi led by Jedi knight Reven has defied the order spurred by the genocide of the Cathar and is coming to help the republic as we desperately need it. Reven has decided to take the fight to the Mandaloriens and has sent a legion of Jedi generals and troops to take back the Mandalorien occupied planet.

You are in the legion of Jedi generals and republic soldiers and your job is to get a foot hold on Iridonia so that Reven can come in with more troops and take back the planet. Upon the landing of your drop ship you are to proceed to nave alpha and take out any Mandaloriens you encounter. At alpha take out the Mandilorion communications array and long range sensors to prevent further communication and to stop them from spotting our incoming fleet. Hold the base till the re-enforcements arrive to secure the facility.

well what do u think

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2231463#post2231463

I say, finish up tweaking the current one and make most it work. Then maybe expand on that like post Korriban events. (Maybe have it choose which path to take at beginning) So that you can play things out as if you played good and didn't kill rosh (or did).

That will actually be up to the coders on whether they want to. I can't code for nuts. I can only study source material ie. what we currently have, and create new content based on that eg. maps

I do hope someone eventually gets around to making the entire JKA campaign work in co-op though

mcm: hmmm I like a KOTOR-based campaign, but I'm not too sure that what you mentioned will be a hit. I'm aiming for something more canonical

This is what I actually had in mind:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_the_Jedi_Praxeum_%28Second_Imperium_Crisis%29

It seems that KOTOR timeline's the most popular around here. It'd be good if someone can come up with something that is canonical and makes players feel like they're heroes

Yes thanks UDM, I was aware of the mighty razorace's efforts however I just added it in here because it was the newest thread and you seem to be contributing abit yourself. :)

Anyway, I don't know much about Kotor but perhaps this may be of small use if you feel like working through the topic and are looking for story ideas. Its just a suggestion thread for Kotor III.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48576

Yeah, I agree that, if this course was taken, OJP should be compatible with DF.

Out of curiosity, how would this package work exactly? Would there be (intead of OJP Enhanced or OJP Basic) OJP DF? Or would you add the feature into OJP with a script that would upload DF's files along with OJP in response to a command? Or something else? (just asking)

Mmm, some repackaging would probably be in order to make the levels available without blowing up the OJP menus.

Quite a while ago I was working with the DF mod to make their mod CoOp. However, it didn't work out due to a lack of betatesting and organization. By the time they got around to the 6 level pack, I'd already retired from modding.

I spoke to darth linux. I've been busy re-learning Lightwave these few days (attempting to craft a laser minigun), but when I find the time, I'll see if there's anything I can do to make DF compatible with OJP

Not that I can do anything code or script-wise, but outside of that, I could help in a thing or two

...but when I find the time, I'll see if there's anything I can do to make DF compatible with OJP

Not that I can do anything code or script-wise, but outside of that, I could help in a thing or two

Thanks!

I wish I'd understood the JA code when I looked at it, but it had so many pieces that I didn't understand. Hmm... How do you find out what all of the variables/classes are meant to do? I'm good at coding/modifying when I figure out what I'm looking at. (love to help)

Trial-and-error mostly. I cut my modding teeth just looking thru the code until it made sense.

I suggest you just focus on what you want to change instead of trying to understand everything. It's just too complex for a full understand of all the code.

As for making DF compatible, if someone is serious about it, what really needs to be done is a lot of beta testing. Hopefully, if the tester just moves all the asset files from the DF mod folder into the OJP folder, they should be able to load up the levels manually and test them for compatibility.

yes i played and finished Kotor 2, and i remember playing Kotor 1 for a LONG PERIODS of time.. but Kotor 2 really had a excellent story line and the "real feel" of the force and the understanding of it is what really impressed me. Its the RPG elements and the Role playing that I loved so much. best star wars game ever, Jedi knight academy is a rotting corpse compared to it.. (good choice of words I must say)

A Kotor themed single player would make OJP really attractive, or perhaps a story of a bounty hunter.. thats something that hasn't been done before on the star wars universe.??? but in any event these all great ideas, but its really up to the developers and if they have the time or resources to accomplish such a task.

Archived