Home

What is your fear/phobia?

Arcesious

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated to talk in phones maybe around a year ago, sometime i didn't even care to answer, and me calling someone didn't happen to many times ^^ I still don't like to talk in phone without a reason, if im gonna meet a friend somewhere, say the place and time and thats it. I just don't feel comfortable talking over the phone.

I think it may depends that maybe around two years ago i got threaten over the phone, and somehow it started effect me some time later, but thats just a guess. And since it have become better over the past year it dont annoy me so much anymore.

Edit: One funny thing is that i can talk with people over ventrilo and such program thourgh the internet, think thats a little weird

Lots of people here seem to have aracnophobia in some degree or a aversion to heights. I can't really understand the first (well, spiders aren't really pretty) but I can see why would someone fear falling from a tall tower.

I think I have just one fear:

Oh and water, I am DEATHLY afraid I am going to drown. .

That doesn't mean I don't taker showers :lol: (I actually take many), nor that I don't swim on a pool or beach, but I just don't like the idea of being on open Ocean. Die drowning, without being able to breathe is, IMO, the worst kind of death.

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

This was posted because the Bobicus lacks the energy to do it himself. >_> I was generous and deleted the first post, Bobicus, but you still didn't!

Oh, and posting phobias here, easily. There's no shortage of malicious minds that would take advantage of such information. :D

Another fear of mine would have to be of God. He could take my life or one of my loved ones at any given moment. I don't even know if I will live to see tomorrow.

lol wai2promote your religion

I would probably have to say the ocean. It's just something about a large body of water that you can't see the bottom of that just terrifies me *shudders*. There is probably still weird things down there we haven't discovered. I read somewhere that we know more about the Moon than we do about what is down there =(

Fears? Well, for starters I have a (healthy, I guess) fear of death (me and loved ones, since I already experienced the loss of one family member); darkness, but only after watching a horror movie (or remembering details from one); other than that I have a fear that, given my history, I'll always be luckless when it comes to my love life, but I guess that's more of a self-confidence problem which I am trying to solve.

I admit i have a slight fear of spiders too... However i confront fear with anger. I smash the spider into goo with my shoe.

I love hieghts! I would love to get in an F302 like in stargate atlantis/sg1 and fly around really high and do colse-to groudn noedives and stuff... :D

I'm one of the biggest Arachnophobics you will ever meet (if you do meet me of course)

If there is a Spider in the house, which I can see and know is there theres a big chance that I won't be in the house.

It was funny at school a few years ago (ah school, how I despised it so) when the Science teacher brought in a big, big, bi-hi-HI Hiiiiiiig huntsman Spider and I took out of the room.

Suffice to say ... girl: "Hey Catto! Are you afraid of Spiders?"

me: "No, I'm just Arachnophobic,"

girl: "Oh, OK, then,"

me: *shakes head*

And I'm alright with heights but I can't ab sail. I can go in a plane 30 freakin thousand feet in the air, but I can't climb down a small cliff. Not really sure why.

Well, I was afraid that everything in philosophy would lead to nihilism, but I'm not terribly worried about that anymore. Related to that, I fear people who decide that things must be a certain way, and don't look to see what is (nihilists, but also other people who don't care about reasons and consequences).

I don't really like to touch creepy crawlies, but I don't go psycho over them either (the other day I found a garden snake and captured it to show to one of my brothers).

Fear of dying is somewhat low on the list. I wouldn't like to die (at any specific point I can imagine now), but it's not like I have a choice anyway so I don't see the point in worrying about it. Doing so would be similar to worrying about falling off the earth, or at least it seems that way to me.

I suppose my greatest fear is that of the unknown. Will I do everything I want to do? But as long as I work towards those goals I see no reason I cannot.

Oh, and posting phobias here, easily. There's no shortage of malicious minds that would take advantage of such information. :D

I am not worried unless you have a way to send a live snake through the net.

One of my phobias is caligynephobia. :headbump
Never let them see you sweat.

Emperor Devon in case you find a way to take advantage of our phobias I have this caligynephobia thing too. :D

Archived