Home

What is your fear/phobia?

Arcesious

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.

Claustrophobia: Am afraid of ventilation shafts, coffins, anything that I can barely squeeze through. The fear is more of me getting stuck in that place forever and immobile than anything, though.

Agoraphobia: I get this weird slight hunch when I'm out in the open. I can't stand people looking at me, either, but it's not really a fear or anything - more like an uncomfortable feeling.

Afraid of heights to an extent.

Surprisingly, I've never been afraid of the dark, spiders or other such stuff people generally get spooked out at.

But really, most of my fears lie in my subconscious and even I cannot fully decipher them.

Well, I was afraid that everything in philosophy would lead to nihilism, but I'm not terribly worried about that anymore. Related to that, I fear people who decide that things must be a certain way, and don't look to see what is (nihilists, but also other people who don't care about reasons and consequences).

Nihilism is self-contradictory in that way though, so it would be quite hypocritical for nihilists to decide that things must be a certain way as it contradicts the nihilistic point of view IMO...

My phobia or greatest fear is losing the people I love the most.

Im also afraid of these.

rock_pigeon.jpg

The very embodyment of evil.

A pigeon couple once put up their nest on our window grill. We were originally going to drive them away, but realized they had these cute eggies. I think it was a week or two before they hatched.

The pigeons are really nice people. When we put our hand out the window, they used to get scared ****less and fly like there's no tomorrow. After the eggs hatched, the mother (or father?) just sat over the kids and... enlarged... when I put my hand out. I didn't dare grabbing them by their throats.

The babies were totally cute - they looked like dragon babies. Then they grow this yellow-fur-like thing on them. And then one day, they all just disappeared. Bang. No parents, no babies. I could have sworn they didn't know how to fly. I was like, WTF?

She's both. let's be honest here.

No, no she is not.

• 3 weeks later...
My sister can't stand The Brave Little Toaster movies. She hates watching them! I have no idea why. I loved them when I was a kid.

-Rev

Yeah I was a fan of the first movie when I was a kid as well. It was a pretty good movie. Maybe I'll go on Ebay and see if its for sale now...

Anyway I am scared of heights mostly. I used to have a big fear of stage freight but I conquered it when I took a Drama Class

I fear one day people will start hating me out of jealousy for being the smartest, funniest, most athletically, artistically talented and sexiest person on the planet.

There are still a lot of days until then

Something I noticed is a lot of people with phobia's do nothing to face them. Is it that hard?

I believe I'm scared of spiders. Not in an "OMG I have nightmares about spiders" kind of way, I just get the compulsion to leave the room every time I see one.

I also fear what other people think. I talk in a hushed voice when I'm out with my friends and there's someone behind us because I don't want them to to judge what I'm saying. It's one of those fears I know is stupid, but one I can't quite shake off.

Seriously though, I have an adverse fear of death... not uncommon I bet. ;)

If you play Oblivion long enough, you'll get over it :D

But seriously, I ****ing hate spiders. I can't even stand the antlions in Half-Life 2. Or the ****ing headcrabs.

Archived