Home

Intelligence not required

Totenkopf

Every sane person would know these answers...

I don't know the answers to:

- What happened in Dallas on November 22,1963?

- Which American actor is married to Nicole Kidman?

- Name a film starring Bob Hoskins that is also the name of a famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci.

- In which European city was the first opera house opened in 1637?

I guess I'm pretty dumb. :indif:

- Name a film starring Bob Hoskins that is also the name of a famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci.

1, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was killed.

2, Nicole Kidman was married to our fave loon, t0M kerr-ooze, once, supposedly at the time the quwstion was asked.

3, The film was Mona Lisa.

4, The first opera house ever was the Teatro San Cassiona in Venice, opened in 1637. For further funny reading on the opera and its madness, try 'Maskerade' by Terry Pratchett.

adamqd wrote:

I think he should of said, any sane person from the united states or other English speaking countries with an interest in the united states and European Opera houses would know these answers

Correct...I tend to post things to quickly before thinking them through. But like you said..any person with some history training about the US should be capable of answering these. To be honest, I found them a bit difficult since we in Holland don't really get teached about the U.S. (yeah, okay...Boston Tea party and such...).

So it's no problem Sabretooth doesn't know. Was very difficult for me too. but the candidates in this program ARE American citizens. And you, a guy from India, would have possibly guessed better then those candidates did anyways :)

Being a non-US citizen, there is no shame in not knowing that date.

However, that does not forgive any American for not knowing that date a long with 12/07/1941, 09/11/2001, 05/07/1945 or 05/08/1945, 08/14/1945, 01/20/2009:D and 01/08/1935 (the last one is a joke).

All Texans should also know the date 03/06/1836 and what happened on that date in San Antonio.

1, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was killed.

2, Nicole Kidman was married to our fave loon, t0M kerr-ooze, once, supposedly at the time the quwstion was asked.

3, The film was Mona Lisa.

4, The first opera house ever was the Teatro San Cassiona in Venice, opened in 1637. For further funny reading on the opera and its madness, try 'Maskerade' by Terry Pratchett.

I thought the film was called Mona Lisa Smiles.

The answer to the opera house question was stupid b/c Sydney is on the other side of the world (and didn't exist at the time of the first euro opera house anyway).

That and the Sydney Opera House architecture seems a little modern to be built in 1637.

Any fool should be able to reason that the first Opera House was in Italy, unless they did not know Italy was a part of Europe.

These questions are not necessarily answerable by any sane person in the western world. They require cultural knowledge of an unusual nature.

Nope. 'Mona Lisa' (with Bob Hoskins) is an English film from 1986 while 'Mona Lisa Smile' is a 2003 US film.

FIXED :p:D

Well, then, I suppose you know the intimate details of the Carranza Affair, or the Escobedo Affair, the Investiture Controversy, or the ins-and-outs of the Levée en Masse of August 1793, since all European history and gossip is apparently now basic cultural knowledge. :p

Archived