Home

Ledge climbing button please!

UDM

With the latest changes made to OJP, one of the few main things thats bugging me is ledge climbing. Some areas are actually impossible to access because you automatically climb ledges that you don't want to

What would be nice: having a button that lets you climb ledges when you hold it down, and having the "ledge climb" animation being played to let you know it's actually being held down :)

If we made it so the player wouldn't ledge grab if the player isn't pressing a direction, wouldn't that resolve that problem?

yeah that might work.. though it might be a little hard to do and frustrating at times since if your only a foot from the ledge and you cant press forward to catch it... I'm not sure :/...I'm still thinking pressing use might be the best option, but maybe we can try both and see what works better wonce darth gets his computer back.

I'm confused, why would that be confusing? All they would have to do is press forward to grab the ledge.

Besides, I think it would be less confusing than asking newbies to assign another button for the ledge grabs. Imagine all the "how do I ledge grab?" question that will

pop up. :)

And I'm still worried that the use button would conflict with good use of the jetpack.

Why was "touching the ground turns off the jetpack" removed?

Wait, press forward to grab? Ok I misunderstood. Well That might work. We still might have some issues with low grabs or walking under low platforms, but few maps have stuff like that (though I did just play a player made map where I couldnt get through an entryway without crouching because I kept going into ledgegrab :p) Anyways, I guess we'll try that and only change it if theres trouble and complaints.

Archived