Home

LONG SAVES PROBLEM !!!

forum67

hi...just bought a this game : GOLD PACK...has a 1.5 update.....yet i find the SAVE time at GALAXY take long time.......during intial game ...the size was only 5-15MB.....soon it reached at 88MB during this mission(when we need to rescue pilots)....now i have reached till NAL HUTTA ...yet save file has increased upto 115MB.. :confused: .......takes upto 2 min to save!!!!......now i cant even play the game...because i have saved on GALAXY and whenever i need to attack other planet (LAND or SPACE)......it takes a long time to load the level....(bcos it autosaves..hence..)....all i want to say is the QUICKSAVE is not QUICK !!! :lol:

my configuration --

AMD X2 4000+

2GB transcend RAM 667Hz

Asus m2a-vm(play on my onboard x1250)

250 GB sata HDDseagate

ati catalyst 7.10

windows VISTA ultimate

plz tell me solution for it !!! ......

Guest DarthMaulUK

Unfortunately as Vista uses alot of memory to run, this slows down the processes for other things. To make your life easier, before playing the game - turn off any background programs you dont use (next to the clock) and, I suggest turning OFF the Windows Aero Transparency and rebooting - you will experience performance like no other!

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately as Vista uses alot of memory to run, this slows down the processes for other things. To make your life easier, before playing the game - turn off any background programs you dont use (next to the clock) and, I suggest turning OFF the Windows Aero Transparency and rebooting - you will experience performance like no other!

Hi Maul, i have hade kind of similar problem long time, no i have windows XP, i have researched this problem in detail for some time and the symphom is allways the same for me. I start up some kind of battleground in the campaign

On the first save i do it takes only 5 sec to write the save, and its the same speed perhaps in 10 straight overwriting saves, but if i continue save around after thath..it will slowly start to take longer and longer time for eatch save

means thath if im in a phase where im on my way to complete a mission, i can count to whait 4 minutes for the game to be save by now :)

if it takes to long for my patient and i press "alt" in combi with <---- button and leave games for windows, and check procces-tree it shows thath the game have stopped responding, and i must kill the procces and the save is lost

So it acts like it can't accept thath i save too mutch in serie, cause the save self-rise..this thou seems to be resetted back to normal save-speed again after eatch new battle and offcorse game restart, and then the stair you dont wanna go up to start to puch you again..

im not 100 % but i think the problem is moore common in ground battles rather than space battles..dont know what thath reveals,

My same folder is on 109 Mb now, thath cant be to mutch right?

my biggest save-file right now lies on 39 Mb, my smallest is on 9 Mb..perhaps if i save in new slots all the time from now could prevent it? but i guess it all depends on if the size gets bigger if you save over existing saves..ore what element now decide how big a safe-file will be?

I have tested to kill some unnessary processes before starting the game yes

have 3 Gb free on C:/ system drive wher saves land

and 7 GB free on the game install directory disc

its the same disc..thei are just splitted

Pentium 3.4 GHz

2 Gb Ram

Geforce 8600 GTS TDH

I have hade this probem on another graphic card to, this problem accually started a year ago at the same time as some earlier EAW-patch than latest was installed, and yes my game is fully patched now

Ok now i am complete emty on info and thauts..but do you have any questions? otherwise my question is..when will George Lucas give us thath patch 1.06? :xp:

ITS ONLY EAW of the modern games i posses who saves slow like this, wich are far moore system-hogging than EAW, so we must exclude system-requirment solutions really

Im positive thath i have concluded thath the biggest problem is on Mon Calamari ground battles, and some moore planets i dont remember now

..some ground battle planets didnt save slow just before i did the test,

and yes there is no save problems in space battles at all

i think there is problem with game memory leaks on some 'spots', not my computer :)

any comments?

.. wrong, i have vista, have eaw, foc, 1.1 patch, ueaw and all the things save in less than 30 seconds, even when our back-up is working. so vista+ backup= still save within 30 seconds

• 2 weeks later...
.. wrong, i have vista, have eaw, foc, 1.1 patch, ueaw and all the things save in less than 30 seconds, even when our back-up is working. so vista+ backup= still save within 30 seconds

Where is the help for us who use XP SP2?

I start to believe thath its my computer-modell who are 'choosen' by a bug to not be compatibility with this game, feels kind of pointless to buy Force Corruption..but offcorse you could allso fantasize thath this will solvew the problem for some reason

Wow mutch free space in the game director drive does this game wants,a nd does it want a certain amount of space on the system drive? nothing is specified on the back cover atleast?

will there be a patch 1.06 or not by the way? if there will, i suggest some research in this matter :)

Guest DarthMaulUK

There will be no more patches but if you can post a dxdiag for me, we can have a look. Make sure that you have enough harddrive space free to save.

• 3 weeks later...
There will be no more patches but if you can post a dxdiag for me, we can have a look. Make sure that you have enough harddrive space free to save.

Sorry it took so long for this, i obviosly forgott to check enough for responce

I uploaded the doc here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/03d800

cause this forum doesnt allow attachments i think

Note thath i now have tested install on the harddrive with 45 Gb free, it still locked up on Mon Calamari thou

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pentium 3.4 GHz

2 Gb Ram

Geforce 8600 GTS TDH

Now im back with a new computer, and offcorse i got some lust to allso test

how EaW would save on this equitment.

AMD Phenom 2 X4 945

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3

4 Gb ram

Radeon EAH4850 TOP

Patch 1.5

Same pattern again, once on a battlefield ar started..you do 1 save on 2 second, you do 2 saves, you do 3 and it goes just litter longer to complete each time, hardley noteable the first fiew saves, but when you are around...6 it start to be hughe different, and from there we talk about 2 minutes if it doenst stop respond

and this time nobody can accuse :) my lack of harddrive space, cause now i have near 10 Gb free on C:/

wery depressing this, and it feels like i have flushed down money in a golden toilet just

I guess nobody here doesnt have any new advices no? :)

perhaps i could test edit this "swconfig" files that use to lie around in moder games, available for modcreators yadayada

but i dont know what lines i could change in all by myself

• 1 year later...

Great!, i have purchased FOC and it started out fine with the campaign, it seemed like th old save issue was gone, until the force seeking mission on Dathomir then it started to crawl back with same pattern, longer and longer time for each save until the game stops responding

It at least leaves a message sometimes

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/swfoc2012011823022932.jpg/

even though i know nobody care about this thread, but

im still back 4 years later!:thmbup1::¬:

Lucas Arts dont care to fix FOC so the game even

start on Win Vista/7 (X64) , its thanks to a player who posted a solution on Internet with a amateur game.exe patch containing command

lines that fixed it.

The only thing i can do is to beg and hope someone

similar will patch the game somehow

I would really like to have a reply on this thread

Archived