Home

Problem

Sir Vougalot

I don't know why you closed your bug-posting thread, but I have an installation problem. I waited until you released the latest version with all of the bugs fixed before downloading it.

From the readme: "Make a new shortcut to jasp.exe on your desktop and edit the shortcut properties, adding this to the target line: '+set fs_game dfmod'. Double click the icon to begin."

Problem: There is no jasp.exe. Neither in my unzipped folder nor the original zipped one that I downloaded from your site. Otherwise, I've done everything right up to that point.

Oh. Thanks.

EDIT: It won't let me edit the line in. It says it's invalid.

I'm adding the text "+set fs_game dfmod" to the very end of the target line. Is that not what I'm supposed to do? Or am I supposed to put a space before the "+" or something? Or... what? It wasn't explained very well in the readme, in my opinion.

This is too complicated. Why couldn't you guys make an automatic installer like you did with the last demo? :(

Okay, it works now! :D Too bad it'll be a while before I play it as I'm replaying the Knights of the Old Republic games presently. But I can't wait to play this!

So it sounds like the demo doesn't require the Jedi Academy disk this time around. Is this true?

you do need the CD in the drive still

I haven't had time to finish the demo yet but it's been awesome so far. I was wondering though, is there a command I can type in to increase the length of time that bodies stay spawned? It seems like they disappear right after I kill them. Thanks! :D

You twisted puppy, you! :D

• 1 month later...

Yeah, actually there is Kranckor. If you want to edit your autoexec.cfg file to include the line seta g_corpseremovaltime "0", that will leave the dead bodies. A word of warning, though: this may drop the frame rate considerably, to the point everything starts slowing down. I tried that on a mod I have, and everything slowed down considerably (think the old Six Million Dollar Man Steve Austin slow :lol: ), so you decide if you want to use it or not.

Archived