Home

Need a Fest Walkthrough

Jedi Marso

Because I am LOST!!

I have wandered around this level forever, and cannot find the secret entrance to the Imperial facility!!

I remember this level giving me trouble on the original DF as well the first couple times I played it. I have a feeling I should be going 'up' at some point, but I can't find any new ledges or pathways.

I turned on the noclip and wandered around that way for a while, but that didn't help at all.

So once you blow two holes in the walls and get into the areas with some imps, some crate clusters, and a path to the main gate, where the heck do you go to find the secret shaft?

I just played this level a few hours ago. I figured it out for myself but it took me 2 hours to complete this level. It is a huge level and I was tired after playing it. Levels 5 and 6 will have to wait for tommorrow. Is is great that the first 6 levels of the Dark Forces Mod is alive and well. I haven't played Dark Forces in 11 years.

The Dark Forces midi music is still playing in my head. :)

For some reason, I've played this level through, but can't get it finished- I'm heading back to my ship, I get back to the big gate with the metal walkway (the one mentioned above, with the cave under it) but I don't know how to get down - if I jump onto the metal bridge, I lose half my health and when I make my way back to the landing pad, Jan never shows up. OTOH, If I jump back into the water, the only way up I can see is through the cave...which puts me back where I started...

Help :(

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in the exact same situation. What is the solution?

Edit: Oops. I got it now. You are not supposed to go back to the same landing area. You go up the sloped elevator and the ship will come off the side of the cliff. I had already been there before at the beginning of the level and found nothing there. So I didn't think to go back at the end.

If you are still trying to get into the facility you are supposed to make your way to the top of the large front door. There are a series of vents that you smash to get in.

Yeah, the mission objectives should probably have stated "Return to your ship" or "rendezvous with Jan and your ship" rather than "return to the landing area". For any one else getting stuck during the game, Zerimar Nyliram is looking to put together a strategy guide webpage for the mod which should be quite helpful. Of course, he needs assistance so for those who have finished the game (without cheating, naturally) feel free to contribute. I'll be helping out myself in any way I can.

In the meantime, anyone else stuck?

Now I'm stuck on the detention level. I can't find any way to access the other elevator. I've been to all the floors from the first elevator and I know that there is a second elevator shaft next to it that I need to go to. But there is no door on that shaft on any floor. Help. :confused:

OK using noclip I see that the other elevator is waiting for me on the bottom floor but I still can't get to it. There are some boxes in my way that say "power cells" on them. I've tried blowing them up but its not happening and I can't see any way over or around them. This is right next to the green glowing room that damages your health.

First, you have to get the key from the officer at the end of the glowing green corridor. Once you have it, go back to the first elevator and take it back to the top (this is the same room where you first enter the elevator, with the green "i" logo). There's a door on the left side as you exit the elevator that you need the key to get into. This leads to a small room with some pipes and a back door into the elevator shaft. There's a small ledge and another door just below you, on the right. You'll have to carefully jump down to it (there's an autosave checkpoint here but I'd recommend manually saving anyway, just to be safe).

This door will take you through a small duct to another door that opens into the second elevator shaft. You'll have to run and jump to another door directly across (and slightly below you) in order to get into the service ducts that lead to the trash compactor. I'd recommend switching to the third person view when making this jump. It tends to be easier to do than in first person.

Actually this is different from the original DF. I wasn't misremembering after all.

It's the same basic process but in the original you could access the second elevator from the bottom level and you could move the elevators from outside so you didn't have to jump down the shaft to reach the doors. It's a bit trickier this way, I think. ;)

well,my approach to this was to send the first elevator down one floor and go through the room ,next to the elevator and walk across the elevator top to the maintence hatch.basically press the button and run out of the elevator.alas because of the button or callbutton bug you cant do this with the 2nd elevator,with that one i just jump,to me this jump is doable just back up and run,and jump,kyle makes it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was rather surprised with this map, because I have just played this mission through on the original Dark Forces and it had very little in common with this version. The outdoors area into the facility was completely changed, which just confused me to no end considering I knew the original version like the back of my hand...

Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of this mod and the amount of work that goes into it, and I really appreciate it, but really, I don't understand how the area could be so drastically different!

I was rather surprised with this map, because I have just played this mission through on the original Dark Forces and it had very little in common with this version. The outdoors area into the facility was completely changed, which just confused me to no end considering I knew the original version like the back of my hand...

Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of this mod and the amount of work that goes into it, and I really appreciate it, but really, I don't understand how the area could be so drastically different!

You and me both. Testbase and the detention center were the two levels I thought needed a lot more work before being released but we were running short on time so things got a bit rushed. I can take full responsibility for all the screw ups with the original detention center, which is why I'm currently redesigning the whole thing. I'll be doing a pretty extensive overhaul of testbase - especially the outdoor portions - afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Well thats good to know! Again, thank you so much for making this mod, and the work your doing on it is amazing! It's completely understandable when things get a bit rushed, but its great to know that your so dedicated to this project! :)

Well thats good to know! Again, thank you so much for making this mod, and the work your doing on it is amazing! It's completely understandable when things get a bit rushed, but its great to know that your so dedicated to this project! :)

You're most welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm completely turned around now. I've got the metal sample, and I'm in the central shaft where you get the metal sample, and I've run around for the past half hour trying to find my way back out.

I've retraced my steps as far back as where you hit the switch to open the door down the hall, but I can't seem to find my way back past that.

Where do I need to go to make it back to my ship?

Malgg, I found some videos on YouTube that give a visual walkthrough of Fest. Here's a link to Part B:

Go to about 4:12 in on the video; that's about where you need to be after getting the Phrik. Then, watch this one:

I hope these will help you finish the mission. :)

Malgg, I found some videos on YouTube that give a visual walkthrough of Fest. Here's a link to Part B:

Go to about 4:12 in on the video; that's about where you need to be after getting the Phrik. Then, watch this one:

I hope these will help you finish the mission. :)

Ah, Excellent! It was the green-edged door that I wasn't noticing.

Thanks!

Archived