Home

Happy Lunar New Year!

Bee Hoon

In my case, I am speaking specifically about Chinese New Year:) Red packets (with cash inside), food and much noise await in the near future!

It's the year of the Earth Rat, so those of you who are turning multiples of 12 this year (i.e. 12, 24, 36, etc) are probably born in the year of the Rat as well. If you want to know more, Google is your friend;p

I know I'm early, 'cuz it technically starts on the 7th of February, but what the hey.

Happy Lunar New Year!:D

Sabre: We rats aren't that evil ;)

The Year of the Rat:

People born this year can fit in just about anywhere. They are also sociable, charming, smart and constantly on the lookout for opportunity. They get along great with the Dragon and the Monkey and the Yin companion is the Ox. They also get along well with the Tiger and the Dog but for some reason the Horse isn't their type.

Here are some famous Rats:

Ben Affleck

Antonio Banderas

Cameron Diaz

Jennifer Garner

Dennis Hopper

Samuel L. Jackson

Julianne Moore

Ozzy Osbourne

Sean Penn

Stanley Tucci

Fun trivia to bring in the New Lunar Year. This Sat in Chinatown LA, the Golden Dragon Parade!

Happy Lunar New Year!

Indeed, and so sayeth the Evil rat, who oh-so-coincidentially doesn't get along with the Prestigiously Royally Noble likes of us Rams. You deceiving little... rat, you...

Oh no we don't get along with the horse. Never said anything about the ram or are you a goat? Or where you referring to the astrological sign?

To celebrate I raided in WoW for the Lunar Fesival. :D

Heh, I went there to do that on my lowbie warrior. I was looking on thottbot to see where I get the quest, found out I was too low level, and then when I opened the WoW window I had 3 minutes until release. Apparently the raid that was fighting him pulled him away from the spawn point. :lol:

Dragons pwn all:p There's always a baby boom when the year of the dragon rolls around. If you notice, the ones which the respective zodiac signs get on with are 4 years apart, e.g. dragon (in 2000), monkey (2004) and rat (2008).

Anyone watched a dragon or lion dance? I haven't yet so far!:(

Dragons pwn all:p There's always a baby boom when the year of the dragon rolls around. If you notice, the ones which the respective zodiac signs get on with are 4 years apart, e.g. dragon (in 2000), monkey (2004) and rat (2008).

Anyone watched a dragon or lion dance? I haven't yet so far!:(

You're a dragon? No fair! I want to be a dragon... but I guess the snake is the next best thing... :)

Snake means that you are good looking thing.

I went this past Saturday to Chinatown in LA to see the Golden Dragon Parade to bring in the new lunar year. I took my sorority sister from San Francisco State and my mom and her friend from work. We saw performances by various groups and of course the traditional dragons and drums. It was awesome.

I was afraid of the PC police, so I chose to write Lunar New Year:P Dragons dragons dragons:P They're supposed to be overpowering personalities though. These zodiac things are fun but not terribly accurate.

Ooh, that sounds lovely! I love watching the dances, especially the southern style lion dance with the acrobatics. And the drums resonate in your bones (and bust your eardrums:P).

Archived