Home

new module?

King_Zazu

i was recently on k2files, and i noticed that 2 NEW modules were created. How was it done? I was pretty certain that it was nearly impossible. does anybody know how it was done?

If you're talking about creating an area from scratch (as opposed to reskinning an existing one), I completed the decoding of the .WOK format used by walkmeshes, and went further than MDLops in decoding .MDL and .MDX formats. Then I released KAuroraEditor (which you can find at starwarsknight, though that version is old and will very soon be updated to the 0.3 version which contains several significant improvements and bug corrections) which allows to import scratch-built ascii area models (created by Max with the NWMax scripts) into the game.

After that, Quanon and sithspecter began the real work ;P

well SS didn't techanilly make new modules he just used the tops of Dantooine.

Hey, you have no idea what you're talking about! I did too make completely new modules, I just used grass textures from the game because I don't want to make my own. If you want proof, go look a the cliffs and bridges that I've added!

Edit: Zazu, it's very complicated to make a new module. I didn't think it could be done until I saw Quanon's Temple. I talked to him, and he gave me help. If you want to create a new module, you need to have and be able to proficiently use the following tools: KAurora editor, Gmax or 3Ds max, Kotor Tool, K-GFF editor, and the gimp or photoshop. Quanon has a good tutorial on this! I suggest if you want to make a new area contact him.

Archived