Home

No no, get OJP HERE <------

Maxstate

I hate to be picky, but this constant avoidance of the autobuilder is silly.

You need to use the autobuilder and create a proper installer to avoid all the "the mod isn't working!" problems. I believe this is a big deal for most of the users. We don't want to turn them away with install issues when they've already been resolved with the autobuilder.

I'll put it in a step-by-step scheme in a minute.

Personally I don't use the installers since my SW folder is on a second partition in a games folder and I hate trying to figure out whether I need to choose the gamedata folder or the star wars: jedi academy folder every time. I like the whole copy-and-paste thing more :(

Ive just gotten the enchancedstuff.pk3 ... it took ages until it finally worked. I was trying all day.. finally tried it again 10 minutes ago and it worked. God dam... anyways finally played it now. Wanna note a bug. the new menus for controls dont have the writing for quick parry, ?? its a blank line but you can set a control for the blank line.. im guessing the line hasnt been given a name.

disruptor seems to kill one shot when in scope, just by tapping the fire button... it removes the whole point of charging the gun... so its seems to be the most over powered weapon on the game. lol i killed 6 saberists the other day before they came up to me with that scoped tap fire.. lol

and how come all the weapons now have a x/300 ammo... even the rocket launcher has the 1/300 ? that dosen't seem right.. you should have unlimited ammo in reserve??

You guys are doing it wrong, I just tried it and it works perfectly for me. Are you sure you remove all of your previous files before you install the ones in my sig/on the site?

Disruptor doesn't do that for me, although a scoped shot forces players to dodge, it's hard enough using the gun as it's virtually useless against jedi in non-scoped mode and scope mode leaves you open, moreso than anything else.

Weapons should and will not ever have infinite ammo, that's retarded. 300 ammo is already too much and I'm hoping we can decrease that sometime soon.

Really you guys seem to be doing something wrong, I had a full server of people using the code and the enhancedstuff just the other freaking day...

I hate installers, they never install into the right directory and just make it messier inside my jedi academy. There are no "confused masses", there are people that are getting the wrong signals due to an non-updated web, non-updated forum links and non-updated threads as well as no real easy guides on what to do and where to start.

Now it doesn't get simpler than how I've written it down on ojp.awardspace.com, if people are still having trouble with installing it properly I suggest you hire some kind of professional writer.

OJP's releases come at too high of a frequency for an installer to be handy in my opinion, and, seeing as how - if I were to want an installer - I would have to be begging people to make for me at 2-3 AM at the earliest to actually get an installer of the current version, I just don't think that system works too well.

If, however we're talking about the 'big' releases like 0.1.1 and 0.1.2, those I can agree with. But until those are released an installer isn't needed, and we're miles away from having 0.1.2.

OJP's releases come at too high of a frequency for an installer to be handy in my opinion, and, seeing as how - if I were to want an installer - I would have to be begging people to make for me at 2-3 AM at the earliest to actually get an installer of the current version, I just don't think that system works too well.

If, however we're talking about the 'big' releases like 0.1.1 and 0.1.2, those I can agree with. But until those are released an installer isn't needed, and we're miles away from having 0.1.2.

but your right about the reserve ammo. i think it should either be unlimited (that was the whole point for making the "regenerate ammo" thing.) and put a limit on ammo for some weapon that don't use batteries. like the rocket launcher.

high frequency? haha, yer right. I know a mod that comes out new version every month, you guys release a new version every half a year.. thats not high frequency. thats average frequency.

but your right about the reserve ammo. i think it should either be unlimited (that was the whole point for making the "regenerate ammo" thing.) and put a limit on ammo for some weapon that don't use batteries. like the rocket launcher.

also for the first time I've decided to take a stab at using guns. what does the alternative fire do for the Rocket launcher and thermal detonator?

Are you seriously going to continue being an uninformed source of irritation or actually check your facts once in a while and get some actual sense in your argument? You are aware of the fact that we've released about 4 to 5 different internal beta versions in the last three weeks(!) and that each and every time, I posted them not only on the website but also on these forums?

You're getting to be quite tedious to be around with your holier-than-thou manner of interaction with the people people and I'm sure as hell that I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Are you seriously going to continue being an uninformed source of irritation or actually check your facts once in a while and get some actual sense in your argument? You are aware of the fact that we've released about 4 to 5 different internal beta versions in the last three weeks(!) and that each and every time, I posted them not only on the website but also on these forums?

i am not aware of any constant beta's been released,, and im sure that no one else knows that.. except for the beta testers.. which is probably only about 5 people... LOL

You're getting to be quite tedious to be around with your holier-than-thou manner of interaction with the people people and I'm sure as hell that I'm not the only one that thinks that.

im glad you think that way, another enemy to put on my list.

answer my question cretin

What does the alternative fire do for the Rocket launcher and thermal detonator!!!!!!! man the thermal alt seems to be the same as the primary fire...

while the rocket luancher has a different sound for the alt fire but the missile seems to move slower.. anyone care to explain.. cause Maxstate seems to be in a "ass hole" sort of mood today

i am not aware of any constant beta's been released,, and im sure that no one else knows that.. except for the beta testers.. which is probably only about 5 people... LOL

I don't see how it's our fault that you're unable to find the new version when there's 3 threads on this forum with it and my sig contains the links to them as well. Do you want me to pre-chew my position here and show you what I mean? I'll be glad to show you each and every post, and each and every thread that contains information about the new versions if you think you'll learn to use that knowledge to find them yourself in the future.

If not, that's ok with me.

I doubt you have the writing skills to create a list of any sorts. Hating myself for using that but I couldn't help myself.

Ask someone else, I don't owe you anything.

while the rocket luancher has a different sound for the alt fire but the missile seems to move slower.. anyone care to explain.. cause Maxstate seems to be in a "ass hole" sort of mood today

What does the alternative fire do for the Rocket launcher and thermal detonator!!!!!!! man the thermal alt seems to be the same as the primary fire...

I'll be nice to you on this one.

If you put your crosshair on a person while you have rocket out and right click, it will start locking on said person. If you complete the lock, you'll be able to shoot a rocket which will seek the said person.

TD Sec is same as Prim as far as I know.

This however, is not a good way to ask questions. If you would like to have an answer, would you kindly address people more politely? I know that you were answering Max's barely hidden ''insult'' (I know, he has a habit of doing that), but sometimes I'm thinking that he's trying to correct you and you're simply not accepting it. As such, I really appreciate it if you took his advice for once, who knows, he might stop spewing remarks.

Back on topic however, I agree with Max on this one. The Installer simply isn't practical with every one of our internal 'patches'. It simply takes too long to make the installer and there's a chance it will backfire. Albeit very small. It's not very hard to extract a .rar/.zip into the gamedata folder.

For those big releases (0.1.2) however, it would show a sign of professionalism, which might attract a couple more players. It's way more attractive to have an installer, which would give a better first impression. But then again, we should always include a .zip/.rar alternative for those who have trouble with the installer (Wrong place installed... corrupt... etc.).

I'll be nice to you on this one.

If you put your crosshair on a person while you have rocket out and right click, it will start locking on said person. If you complete the lock, you'll be able to shoot a rocket which will seek the said person.

TD Sec is same as Prim as far as I know.

ow i see. so it takes a bit to lock on, and ive also noticed the missle moves some what slower as well. Cool feature.

Im glad that finally ive been notified of this by real "help" which max state seems to have completely forgotten about the whole point of forums.. its to help others,... its about giving people information,,, its also about a place to socialize. Maxstate is giving me advice but its not really help in my question... if he can just answer a simple question and stop treating me like im some sort of idiot that can't look through the forums and through the website.. i just find it easier to ask away for a immiedaite answer.. i take the time to play the mod everytime its released.. i take everything into account and i right it here. i spend time on this the least maxstate can do is treat me with some courtesy

You're taking the time to assume and to talk about things you don't know anything about, you also spend time patronizing members of this forum and this team, because of point one.

We respect you as much as you respect us, frankly, and more than that we do not owe you.

i take everything into account and i right it here. i spend time on this the least maxstate can do is treat me with some courtesy

You're taking the time to assume and to talk about things you don't know anything about, you also spend time patronizing members of this forum and this team, because of point one.

We respect you as much as you respect us, frankly, and more than that we do not owe you.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I agree. You keep assuming things, and in my case it's getting annoying.

i take the time to talk about things i know nothing??? i talk about things I notice in the game, and if im wrong by chance then i can learn from those that do know... its called learning..

Patronizing ... i have not done that,, i love the team members for what they do. If someone is "insulting" me then I treat them as if they are lower forms of life.. but i never make myself out to be some sort of Patriarch.

Assumption is sometimes a good thing cause it saves time to learn the facts, we all have a different personality so theres no need to psychologically analyze me :confused:

at least now i know the facts cause you inform me

i know it may be annoying but its helping me :)

Back on topic however, I agree with Max on this one. The Installer simply isn't practical with every one of our internal 'patches'. It simply takes too long to make the installer and there's a chance it will backfire. Albeit very small. It's not very hard to extract a .rar/.zip into the gamedata folder

I gotta gripe about this. The autobuilder makes the installer automagically in less time than it takes to manually put together builds. That is what it was designed for. Plus, the autobuilder is a response to a LARGE portion of the fan population having problems with installing the mod. Most fans need this installer for every release.

Use the autobuilder, it takes less time to setup than it takes to make a single release manually. Really! :)

Archived