Home

Pros and Cons of TFU per System

Pikmin

the following is a list of Pros and Cons for TFU for each system. As for me i'll be getting the Wii version.

Wii

Pros:

1: Steady 60FPS framrate.

2: Motion sensetive controls.

3: 5 exclusive levels.

4: Duel mode.

5: Easy combination of FP and LS attacks.

6: Graphics like as or better than MP3(Metroid Prime 3, Wii's best looking game.)

7: Uses Wii's built in physics engine in additon to Euphoria and DMM recreations.

Cons:

1: No Euphoria or DMM, instead recreated versions are used. (see above)

2: Graphics aren't as impressive, but are really good. (see above)

Xbox 360

Pros:

1: Euphoria and DMM.

2: High graphics level.

Cons:

1: Sloppy framerate.

2: Joypad degrads lightsaber control.

PS3

Pros:

1: Euphoria and DMM.

2: High graphics level.

3: Slight motion sensetivity

Cons:

1: Sloppy framerate.

2: Joypad degrads lightsaber control.

DS

Pros:

1: Easy combination of multiple force powers.

2: Touch-control.

3: Mic functions.

Cons:

1: Lego Star Wars type force power availability.(certain powers at certain times)

2: No Euphoria or DMM, AT ALL.

PSP

Pros:

1: Historic Levels.

2: Online Battle modes.

Cons:

1: Uses d-pad, and the silly thumbstick mockup.

2: No Euphoria or DMM, AT ALL.

N-Gage

Pros:

1: One of the best-looking N-gage titles.

2: Unique gameplay.

Cons:

1: Linear control.

2: No DMM or Euphoria.

PS2

Pros:

1:Umm..

Cons:

1: No Euphoria or DMM, AT ALL

2: Low graphics

3: Joypad degrads lightsaber control.

4: Dumbed down port of the Wii version, not the other way around.

5: It's on the PS2! Come people how much more degrading can we get!?!

Overall the Wii has everyone beat in the Pros area, and PS2 has taken the Cons.

I think the PS2 and PSP will have similar graphics to the Wii version. Where did you hear the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions' framerate isn't very good? From the gameplay footage we've seen they look pretty sharp.

I think each version is worth getting except for the PS2 version since it has nothing the other versions don't have. I really like the historic battles mode on the PSP but I don't have that system.

While the Wii's controls will be very intuitive I still think the Xbox and PS3 versions' controls will be fine. The motions of the apprentice will probably still be the same since I doubt the Wii controls are 1:1 of the players movements.

Oh and don't forget the N-Gage! :p

There is an interview on IGN that says the Wii has great framerate while the 360 and PS3 stuttered and paused frequently. Look it up.

Also from screenshots we've seen of the Wii version while it was early in development show graphics somewhere between TP and MP3 which LA says are being improved. The PS2 version is recieving a dumbed down port of the Wii version with no Euphoria or DMM at all! (not even Krome's Wii version)

Also we no almost next to nothing about the N-Gage version, hence no list appearence.

There is an interview on IGN that says the Wii has great framerate while the 360 and PS3 stuttered and paused frequently. Look it up.

Also from screenshots we've seen of the Wii version while it was early in development show graphics somewhere between TP and MP3 which LA says are being improved. The PS2 version is recieving a dumbed down port of the Wii version with no Euphoria or DMM at all! (not even Krome's Wii version)

Also we no almost next to nothing about the N-Gage version, hence no list appearence.

Since TFU hasn't been released yet, it's a bit premature to list pros & cons. Gameplay and graphics are being optimized for each system.

But we still know that the graphics for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will be vastly superior to that of any of the other systems. Besides graphics and framerate all the features listed are confirmed to be on whichever system.

True. I guess I was mostly speaking about framerate and graphics...

I think the controls will make or break the Wii version, just like most 3rd party games for it. Many developpers don't understand that the Wii is about innovation before pretty graphics, and the console has had too many cheap games done for it. If the developpers don't work with the Wii's controls, I think they might as well drop the ball and refrain from releasing a half-baked port with bad graphics. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had Wii-exclusive goodies (extra levels and duel mode), not because it's something else from the other versions, but because it makes it look like the developpers actually *care* about the Wii version and are not just throwing a port because of the Wii's popularity.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a new Wii feature that I recently heard about was basically more info on the exclusive duel mode. It reportedly has over 9 arenas to duel in and over 20 playable classic star wars characters, I'm assuming along with the characters in Force Unleashed. This was found in GameInformer's preview of Force Unleashed: http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200802/N08.0222.0215.53890.htm

PS2

Pros:

1:Umm..

Cons:

1: No Euphoria or DMM, AT ALL

2: Low graphics

3: Joypad degrads lightsaber control.

4: Dumbed down port of the Wii version, not the other way around.

5: It's on the PS2! Come people how much more degrading can we get!?!

Darn! That really stinks! For me at least. I really need to upgrade soon...

EDIT: Post #1000!!

• 1 month later...
In the ps2 version you get to fight jedi ghosts in the temple.
Yep, in the newest web doc they talked about the apprentice going to the Jedi Temple to do training against the Jedi ghosts including the unknown Darth Desolace.

Archived