Home

US National Primaries

Jae Onasi

You may also want to inform Obama of the difference, I’ve heard him say more than once that his opponents authorized the war in Iraq.

And I've said more than once that the only reason he didn't "authorize" it was because he wasn't in office at the time.

Oops, that was a harsh personal jab, wasn't it? :p

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't let the rubber snakes scare you.:D
Those I can outrun.

Hilary Clinton’s chief advisor was known as the comeback kid during his political career, so I just don’t see her getting out of the race until either Obama has the required delegates to win (impossible)
Impossible? Extremely unlikely maybe, but his odds are significantly better than Hillary's and she's still in the race. But of course the SDs could decide things right now if they wanted to.

or the DNC makes another decision about what to do with Florida and Michigan (not going to happen). So I guess that leaves when she hears Obama make his acceptance speech at the convention.
Well, just Florida now. Michigan was told yesterday that they won't be seated (for however long that lasts).

Oh, I agree, but it is amazing how many wars the United States has been in when compared to how many time Congress has actually declared war. You may also want to inform Obama of the difference, I’ve heard him say more than once that his opponents authorized the war in Iraq.
Excellent point :)

The cookie verdict stands! You sir, hedged your bet by saying WWII or possibly Korea.
*sigh* You are right. :(

Since Korea had no declaration of war or even a congressional authorization for military engagement I determined that you only deserved half a cookie.
If I had cheated and used Google, I would have known that. I remember a time when honesty stood for something, sir! :D

Now if you want to take this decision further I suggest we get a mediator, I suggest stoffe, as I believe she can be completely impartial (however, I would rather have Jae, considering the resent debate between you and her in another thread).
:lol:

However, in the interest of peace and in the name of friendship. Here are your cookies. :D
*hands one to mimartin and another to JCarter426*

And I've said more than once that the only reason he didn't "authorize" it was because he wasn't in office at the time.

Oops, that was a harsh personal jab, wasn't it? :p

It's possible. But then again lots of things are possible. Seems to me that he was taking a pretty big risk speaking out against it, so it's not as though he was trying to score some quick political points by doing so. Not sure how we go from that to "he probably would have voted for it", but everyone is entitled to their opinions. :)

Well, just Florida now. Michigan was told yesterday that they won't be seated (for however long that lasts). [/Quote] Now that is the problem with only getting my news from a weekly television program, I did not know that. Not my fault, blame those capitalist pigs at HBO for only putting Bill Maher on once a week.

Besides I’m in training for the March of Dimes walk held this weekend in Houston, I don’t have time to be depressed by watching a real news program and I been a good boy lately so I haven’t to punish myself by watching FoxNews. That and you did not PM about that developement.

If I had cheated and used Google, I would have known that. I remember a time when honesty stood for something, sir! :D[/Quote] Is that an accusation against my good name? :D

I knew the Korean War was not authorized by Congress. For the past 32 years I’ve heard my stepfather say he was not a soldier, he was a cop, as the Korean War was a police action. I did google it, as you get old, it is always a good idea to double check your facts when possible.

That and you did not PM about that developement.
I only PM stuff that I find alarming or that I think you'll find interesting. ;)

Is that an accusation against my good name? :D
I don't see a moderator post, so I think my message is still allowed to exist as I intended it. We'll see.

I knew the Korean War was not authorized by Congress. For the past 32 years I’ve heard my stepfather say he was not a soldier, he was a cop, as the Korean War was a police action. I did google it, as you get old, it is always a good idea to double check your facts when possible.
I suppose I could have double checked as well, but I wanted to test my memory more than I wanted to provide the correct answer. Good thing we didn't have money riding on that one :)

*hands one to mimartin and another to JCarter426*

Mmm...cookie... :D

It's possible. But then again lots of things are possible. Seems to me that he was taking a pretty big risk speaking out against it, so it's not as though he was trying to score some quick political points by doing so. Not sure how we go from that to "he probably would have voted for it", but everyone is entitled to their opinions. :)

That's true. Still, I think he would have voted for it just like everyone else. It would have been an even bigger risk to speak out against the war back then.

Now if you want to take this decision further I suggest we get a mediator, I suggest stoffe, as I believe she can be completely impartial (however, I would rather have Jae, considering the resent debate between you and her in another thread).

I get the cookie--I knew it before anyone answered (though I couldn't post fast enough from a smartphone), and without having to look it up. :xp: However, I'll break it into pieces and share with anyone who attempted to give an answer. :D

Huckabee can't win--McCain already has well over the number of delegates needed to win the Republican nomination, and the Republican party doesn't have the same super-delegate craziness that the Democratic party has.

I get the cookie--I knew it before anyone answered (though I couldn't post fast enough from a smartphone), and without having to look it up. :xp: However, I'll break it into pieces and share with anyone who attempted to give an answer. :D

Remove Jae from possible mediator list as cookies clearly outweigh impartiality. :D. Perhaps stoffe or tk102 may be a better choice when Achilles and I have our next disagreement. Although I have my doubts about tk102 not taking the cookie for himself too.

The only two candidates worth voting for have dropped out of the primaries: Huckabee and Edwards.

In your opinion, in your opinion. In my personal opinion, the three remaining candidates are the best options we have had in my lifetime. All three seem to me to be better than the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave or at least can’t be any worst.

Never say it couldn't get worse. ;)
All three seem to me to be better than the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave or at least, I hope with all my heart and pray to God that it does not get any worst.
Fixed

Is that better Totenkopf? You were indeed correct it could always get worst. I don’t see how, but I felt the same way 8 years ago when I cast my vote for the current guy up there.

The only two candidates worth voting for have dropped out of the primaries: Huckabee and Edwards.
I would vote for Edwards. People who say they would vote for Huckabee either didn't read his FairTax proposal, didn't understand his FairTax proposal, or are wealthy enough to benefit from his FairTax proposal ;)

Remove Jae from possible mediator list as cookies clearly outweigh impartiality. :D. Perhaps stoffe or tk102 may be a better choice when Achilles and I have our next disagreement. Although I have my doubts about tk102 not taking the cookie for himself too.

In your opinion, in your opinion. In my personal opinion, the three remaining candidates are the best options we have had in my lifetime. All three seem to me to be better than the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave or at least can’t be any worst.

If you want to vote for one of the Three Stooges, I would agree. From what I've seen lately with Obama, Clinton, and McCain, Larry, Moe, or Curly could do a better job running the country.

If you want to vote for one of the Three Stooges, I would agree. From what I've seen lately with Obama, Clinton, and McCain, Larry, Moe, or Curly could do a better job running the country.

What about Shemp or Joe, the "forgotten" Stooges? :xp:

Never say it couldn't get worse.

All three seem to me to be better than the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave or at least, I hope with all my heart and pray to God that it does not get any worse.

Fixed

Is that better Totenkopf? You were indeed correct it could always get worse. I don’t see how, but I felt the same way 8 years ago when I cast my vote for the current guy up there.

NOW it's fixed. :lol: Seriously, though, I agree that Bush has made a mess of things on a number of fronts.

If the three running are the Three Stooges, then Bush and Cheney must be Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne.

What about Shemp or Joe, the "forgotten" Stooges? :xp:
I liked Shemp, but there was a reason Joe Besser and Curly Joe DeRita were forgotten.

We clearly need a Three Stooges thread. Curly is better! :D

I'm annoyed with Dean and Pelosi right now saying one of the two Dems should drop out to get it over with. Shouldn't people in the states that remain to vote have their say on the matter? I understand not wanting a '68 style convention and wanting to get this resolved to focus on going after McCain, but those two could be a little more adroit about it rather than implying 'screw the last states, we're going to decide it now'.

We clearly need a Three Stooges thread. Curly is better! :D

I'm annoyed with Dean and Pelosi right now saying one of the two Dems should drop out to get it over with. Shouldn't people in the states that remain to vote have their say on the matter? I understand not wanting a '68 style convention and wanting to get this resolved to focus on going after McCain, but those two could be a little more adroit about it rather than implying 'screw the last states, we're going to decide it now'.

I'm annoyed by Dean, Hilary, Obama, and McCain. I think all of the candidates are seriously flawed, inexperienced, and untruthful. None of them deserve the presidency. Obama's racism, Hilary's control issues and emotional swings, and McCain's Democratic run as a Republican. It is almost as if the system was hijacked by the Democrats, and each of them are bringing out the worse in our country. Grrr...

I'm annoyed by Dean,
QFT

Obama's racism, [/Quote] I haven't seen any racism on Obama's part, unless you mean him saying the words "those people." Now if you are talking about people Obama associates with, namely Rev. Wright, then you may have a point, but I for one don’t know if Rev. Wright is a racist from a 30 second sound bite. I watch Rev. Wright’s comments on CSPAN yesterday morning and judging strictly by those comments I would say he was not a raciest. I’m just not willing to label someone a raciest, without some comprehensive proof. I cannot see into a man’s heart as clearly as some of the talking heads on television can.

Hilary's control issues [/Quote]You have a point there.

and emotional swings, [/Quote] People are not allowed mood swings now? I’d actually like to have someone that showed some emotion in the White House. I’d like to actually know they cared about the young men and women coming back home in flag draped coffins. I would like to see any emotion out of the President beside anger for eight straight years. Or was this just a way of saying she is a woman?

McCain's Democratic run as a Republican. [/Quote] He is more moderate than the typical Republican that makes it this far in the election process, but look at his voting record he is a Republican. Besides he is the Republican candidate for President, that make him a Republican be default.

...each of them are bringing out the worse in our country. Grrr...
Something like war, high gas prices, unemployment, strained allied relation, huge deficit, mortgage crisis, bipartisan bickering...?

People are not allowed mood swings now? I’d actually like to have someone that showed some emotion in the White House. I’d like to actually know they cared about the young men and women coming back home in flag draped coffins. I would like to see any emotion out of the President beside anger for eight straight years. Or was this just a way of saying she is a woman?
I can't speak for Mr. The Source, but I know that many people are put off by the perception that her "emotions" are being faked in the name of opportunism. Of course no one can say for certain what Hillary really thinks and feels, but to those of us that are a little skeptical of her rhetoric and cynical about her campaign, the timing of some of her "relevations" is a little too convenient. My 2 cents.

I can't speak for Mr. The Source, but I know that many people are put off by the perception that her "emotions" are being faked in the name of opportunism. Of course no one can say for certain what Hillary really thinks and feels, but to those of us that are a little skeptical of her rhetoric and cynical about her campaign, the timing of some of her "revelations" is a little too convenient. My 2 cents.

You hit it on the nail man. :lol:

When it comes to Obama, I think he is a liar, racist, and inexperienced. He is also no JFK. Before JFK was in office, he fought in a unpopular war. Obama gave tickets to people who didn't feed their car meters.

Why racist and liar? Since this is a strong subject, I should at least give you my interpretation.

#1 - His mentor-reverend was caught on several occasions spewing racial comments and unpatriotic garbage.

#2 - Obama was married by Rev. Wright.

#3 - Obama's children were baptized by Rev. Wright.

#4 - Obama gave a donation of $30,000 to support Rev. Wright's congregation. Why? He believes in his message.

#5 - Instead of addressing his own beliefs, Obama's racial speech was more like a lecture. He got away with not answering the question.

#6 - Obama's wife, "For the first time in my adult life, I feel a sense of hope in America." Why? Because her husband is winning in the Democratic race. If he was loosing in the race, how would she feel?

#7 - Obama and his family were hiding his middle name. Brock Husein Obama. After someone had mentioned his middle name, Obama's wife yelled, "You should not use his middle name." Why not? Do they have something to hide? Of course they do.

#8 - Obama's wife called her fellow Americans sloths, fat, and lazy. Yeah, we know we may have this problem, but what type of leader comes out and degrades people.

#9 - Instead of leaving Rev. Wrights congregation, Obama stays for 20 years. Why? Obama believes in the racist spew his reverend is selling.

#10 - Obama's wife, "Only Obama can heal your souls". No offense psycho. Only myself, Jesus Christ, and God can do that. And they call themselves Christian. Bull Shnite!

#11 - Obama's father and step father are Islamic. His mother was an atheist. Are you telling me that Islam had no impact on his life? The question to Obama, "What type of influence has Islam had on your life?"

#12 - "Hope and Change" - Why does he not fill us in on his plans? Hope for who? What type of change? Why does he not have substance? All he does is make speeches with words, which he does not explain or fill with meaning.

HERE ARE SOME CLIPS

FULL LIST OF AUDIOS

Since it would take too long, just click on Jay Severin's comments. He is the man!

#1-4, 9, 11: Five words--separation of church and State. His religious beliefs, whether they are the same as Mr Wright's or not, have absolutely nothing to do with whether he would be a good (or bad) president.

#6, 8, 10: Mrs Obama isn't running for president. Though she does appear to be a psycho. Still not the point. ;)

#7: Of course they have something to hide. If I had a name like that and lived in a racist, fear-mongering country, I'd have something to hide too. Also, it's Barack, and Hussein has two Ss.

Can't argue with #5 or #12, though.

Archived