Home

US National Primaries

Jae Onasi

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The good news that you don't have any more monitors to sully (right?).

Not unless I start viewing the forum from my employees' work stations, then I have three more computers to damage. The office manager does a pretty good job of limiting me to only working at my desk, other wise I will have papers strung across the entire office.

The last two primaries are today. ARG has Obama ahead by 4 in Montana and Hillary ahead by 26 in S. Dakota (I just checked Wikipedia and confirmed that S.Dakota's main exports are survivalism and Jesus Camp).

Obama is about 45 total delegates away from the finish line right now. If he picks 10 pledged delegates tonight (5 from SD + 7 or 8 from MT - wiggle room), he'll only need 21% of the super's to wrap things up. Let's see how many endorsements he picks up today.

It will be an interesting day for sure. Clinton is at her home in NY today, I imagine discussing what she's going to do next. Obama is holding a rally in MN today.

My good friends in SD who are neither survivalists or Jesus campers would like to remind Achilles that he should not believe everything Wiki says about SD. :D

It will be an interesting day for sure. Clinton is at her home in NY today, I imagine discussing what she's going to do next. Obama is holding a rally in MN today.

Do you think that Hillary Clinton will be announcing her concession today? She cannot win without swaying almost every super-delegate, which is very unlikely.

Do you think that Hillary Clinton will be announcing her concession today? She cannot win without swaying almost every super-delegate, which is very unlikely.

I think she's working on a concession. She might not like what the handwriting on the wall says, but she's not completely blind. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about wheeling and dealing between Dean, Obama, and Clinton going on today, too.

Its the end of the world as we know it. Lol...

At least we can get into the general election now. Everyone's dirty laundry is about to be center stage. Even though Brock Obama has some in the news, I am sure McCain's friends will find more damaging tidbits.

I have a funny feeling about this one. Presidant Obama? Vice Presidant Clinton? Where is the second coming of Christ?

If it'll unite the democratic party for Clinton to be VP, then I say let them do that 'dream ticket'. I would prefer someone better as VP, but if it unites that party, then good. I have a feeling that the democrats are going to win this year... :) I sure don't want Mccaine... Republicans and Clinton supporters please don't take offense to what I just said.

Edit: CNN Reports that Obama needs 12 delagates, but Fox News just put that he's 6 over the needed 2,118. I'M SO CORNFUSED.

I trust CNN more than all the other media... But I don't fully trust it. Although, it may just be a problem of misinformation, or a set of media political stunts.

If it'll unite the democratic party for Clinton to be VP, then I say let them do that 'dream ticket'. I would prefer someone better as VP, but if it unites that party, then good. I have a feeling that the democrats are going to win this year... :) I sure don't want Mccaine... Republicans and Clinton supporters please don't take offense to what I just said.

:D **Raises a Pitchfork**

"Get that Democrat!" :lol:

Honda makes a heck of a steering wheel.

:lol: - Great quote...

RE the topic at hand...yup, various sources are saying Obama has it or is close enough to clinch it tonight (which makes me very happy).

Not sure what to think of Hillary as the VP potential :rolleyes:...but it does almost guarantee the election. Oh well... as long as Bush III (this is a semi-official nickname, right? :D ) isn't in i'm happy.

:lol: - Great quote...

RE the topic at hand...yup, various sources are saying Obama has it or is close enough to clinch it tonight (which makes me very happy).

Not sure what to think of Hillary as the VP potential :rolleyes:...but it does almost guarantee the election. Oh well... as long as Bush III (this is a semi-official nickname, right? :D ) isn't in i'm happy.

Being a Brit, I'm somewhat loathed that I can't vote for America's president, purely as the president is the most powerful man in the world; still at least we have the queen (though the rest of the family are about as useful as flip-flops are in the Arctic).

I hope Obama gets in, and Achilles is right that Hill, would be a good VP for reasons stated above. (I'm not a fan, as I think she would do it purely so she would have a shot at president again, in 4 or 8 years time, or 24 style she could try subterfuge ;)) Has there ever been a female VP?

Well, I think that we all know the result of these primaries. Obama's won for the Democrats, and has been in the lead for quite some time now. Of course, now we get to see if he'll be able to take on John McCain.

To me, it all depends on his Vice President (i.e., if he isolates Hillary Clinton supporters if she isn't on his ticket, or near to him).

RealClearPolitics shows Obama as being 10 delegates away from the nomination.

Yeah, it depends on who's doing the head-counting. He should pick up those 10 tonight with the last 2 primaries in any case if they aren't counting the delegates the AP is.

Archived