Home

Duke Nukem Forever this year?

Negative Sun

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that they would release it this year. I wouldn't get your hopes up since they first announced Forever like 8 years ago. So when it gets released it better be one of the best games of all time or they will single handedly doom the franchise. Anyway I would hope for early next year at the earliest since they already did something like this a few times already.

Plus Duke Nukem already lost like 75 percent of its fanbase due to Forever's release date. So they are going to have to do some really good marketing if they want to sell out.

Yeah, I don't know about that. It could come out any time from now to 2225.

I'll wait for a 100% official announcement, but I suppose the teaser trailer is a good sign that things are progressing well...unless they decided to scrap the game because it's not "next-gen" enough or some other excuse. Didn't they use a similar excuse in the past?

Yeah, I don't know about that. It could come out any time from now to 2225.

I'll wait for a 100% official announcement, but I suppose the teaser trailer is a good sign that things are progressing well...unless they decided to scrap the game because it's not "next-gen" enough or some other excuse. Didn't they use a similar excuse in the past?

They did release screenshots back in like 2002 of the models. But then they got rid of them claiming they were going to overhaul the entire thing.

But the screenshots they released now are actually really good. The models have superb detail (Especially the Duke model).

• 1 month later...

Well, there have been numerous rumors before this video that they were going to finish sometime in the "near future". I really do hope it comes out this year. They have promised us this an eon ago and all of us Duke fans really have been tested in the area of patience. I wont be holding my breath either, but still, there is that shred of hope that is left in my heart.

• 2 years later...

I thought this worth necroing this thread. For all you Duke fans there is some minor but significant news on this front. Game Informer reports that the lawsuits between Take-Two Interactive and 3D Realms regarding Duke Nukem Forever have been settled.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/11/take-two-3d-realms-holster-duke-nukem-forever-lawsuits.aspx

• 2 months later...
I'm not one of those people who has been eagerly awaiting Duke for years, but with Gearbox taking over the project it has the possibility to be a really good game.

Let's hope. I'm not dying for it to come out, but would probably get it if it looks good. Though I'd probably wait till the price came down first. Never was one of those people that had to get something as soon as it came out. Actually, ME2 was probably the first game I ever got so close to its release date.

Duke...my childhood hero.

One of those games I used to play as a 'little' kid.

Pixelated boobies, brilliant one-liners...if the game doesn't take itself seriously and just goes ahead with the completely over-the-top storyline, it could actually work.

"Your ass, your face...what's the difference?"

Archived