Home

Duke Nukem Forever this year?

Negative Sun

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you sir have very low RPG video game standards. :p

But since we're talking about shooters in this thread - while I don't like and don't understand the two weapon restriction, or lack of the manual save game option in a shooter like Duke, I am finding DNF very enjoyable. I've seen a couple of reviews, but since neither of them was for the PC version, I could care less about their low marks.

Hmm.....only 2 guns and limited saves, huh. Sign me up anyway. :p Seriously, I pay little attention to reviewers of video.....games or film. All I expect from Duke is mayhem, dubious 1-liners and a high body count.....oh, yeah, and some sleaze. Sounds like they've succeeded.

Hey, I'm happy. It's another Duke Nukem for my jackass fix. Hadn't paid too much attention for all those years they were talking about this. After 4 or 5 years into it and no discernible headway I just said "whatev".

"Time to kill" was cool enough for me. I'm looking forward to that bad-influence-anti-hero souped up version of Col Guile going around wreaking havoc.

I'll be picking it up in the next week or two myself. I'm excited, I have fond memories of Duke and am looking forward to reliving them. :)

As far as reviews I don't my much attention to them unless its a game I'm on the fence about buying. Something like this that I definitely want to play I will buy no matter what the reviewers say.

One review you should pay attention to is this one: http://www.twilightlynk.com/2011/06/13/game-spotlight-duke-nukem-forever/ :p

I gave my honest opinion of the game, it's flawed but it's fun if you're willing to let it be fun and aren't all hung up on political correctness and such. Also, I've been as sick as a dog for the past few days so this probably isn't as well written as it should be XD ...kind of hard to achieve when you're virtually coughing up a lung.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also... NSFW pic at the bottom of the entry and some harsh language... forgot to mention that, but if you're wanting to play this game then I'm sure ya'll fine with that lol.

bleh, screw the "political correct" reviews.. I'm just looking for some classic Nukem fun. If you want reviews, read Lynk's.. it's about the fairest one I've seen around and will let you know what you're in store for.

I mean c'mon.. it's Duke Nukem.. not sure what every one else was expecting ;)

Anywho, been putting off getting the game till this weekend.. looking forward to getting of work this afternoon for a weekend of kicking ass and one-liners :D

I'm not sure if it's as much about what people were expecting as what they can be seen to be publicly endorsing.

True enough... but the video game industry (that's geared towards adults as Nukem's rating suggests) seems to be the least likeliest of places to be a prude :xp:

...*looks around* You should read more entries on my site ;)

I try.. though could've sworn I was registered on your site already.. hmmm makes me wonder who's site I DID register on a while back :raise::xp:

Dear ChAiNz.2da,

Thanks for registering at Twilight Lynk! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,

Twilight Lynk

awww.. you DO care! :xp:

True enough... but the video game industry (that's geared towards adults as Nukem's rating suggests) seems to be the least likeliest of places to be a prude :xp:
Seems to be the American (and apparently - and unfortunately - now also the Australian) way. It's a rare month that goes by without some idiot complaining about some aspect of a game that will irrevocably corrupt the world's youth. Even for games that have an adult rating.

Seems to be the American (and apparently - and unfortunately - now also the Australian) way. It's a rare month that goes by without some idiot complaining about some aspect of a game that will irrevocably corrupt the world's youth. Even for games that have an adult rating.

And yet a lot of that complaining ends up being counterproductive in the end also. We live in the age of the perenially pissed soundbyte where anyone can grab a megaphone and rip someone else a new one. Usually, though, you just end up piquing other peoples' interest and providing what amounts to free advertising.

Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da

I agree, but whould add the whole of entertainment in general.

I agree, but whould add the whole of entertainment in general.

Painfully true :(

Archived