Home

Taris Texture Packs ! Resource Mod !

Quanon

Hello,

Once back in the days, I made a whole set of textures for a collegue modder named Coola.

I think some of you might remember what I'm talking about.

It's now been a really long time and I haven't heard of Coola and these textures where just hanging around on my HardDisk, catching dust so to speak.

And then I received many request's from peeps if I couldn't release the textures anyway.

I first always replied: No.

But I changed my mind, took a 180's turn around.

And well... here it is 3 textures packs for you to use in anyway you want.

Yes, you heard me, you're free to use these textures in your mods.

I offer them as a sort of resource to the modding community.

All I ask for is a line in the credits.

Now, go and create my friends and be creative, I don't want to see 100+ Taris reskin mods popping up !

P.S : Its not because these Textures where once made for Taris, that they can't be used for other modules.

So do your best to be creative !

Download Link :

CLICK

Some screens to show off the stuff :

DanScreen-1.jpg

Screen05.jpg

Screeny3.jpg

ScreenShot08.jpg

ScreenshottyRE4.jpg

The question is, can a landing sequence for Taris be done? And can Taris be implemented into the Galaxy map at the proper location with these modules?

That reminds me that I could pick up my work on my After Ending mod again...

Take care

Uh ? THese are just skins/textures.

The modules stay the same.

Anyway Links are fixed !

Was somesort of typo in my and something weird on the upload site o_Q

umm, which files are the skins for the apartments you start the game in, coz in alderaan i am makin a module using that.

Poeha, Part 1 and Part 3 contain most textures from the uppercity.

Those are used in the apartments aswell.

Though I'm not a 100% sure, it's been a real long time since I made these.

Uh ? THese are just skins/textures.

The modules stay the same.

Anyway Links are fixed !

Was somesort of typo in my and something weird on the upload site o_Q

I think he meant that if a mod is being made that adds a planet (doesn't necessarily need to be a reskinned Taris) to the Galaxy Map, and there's no landing sequence for Taris, can one be made? Note that this has nothing to do with the textures Quanon provided, and that you can work around it by using a module that has a landing sequence, but I guess it's possible. You just need the modeling skills, I think.

Anyway, nice of you to release your textures, Quanon. They're really cool. A pity Coola's disappeared...

Nope, i got them just fine.

Did you look further down on the page?

If you click on the button that says download you will be taken to another site in which you'll be asked to enter a code, enter it and another page will load with the final download button.

Click on this download button and the DL should start.

Hmm, this is odd.

You should have this get this kind of page:

Download.jpg

And then like Danyael27 said , it should take you to a similiar page where you need to enter a letter/number code.

Which takes to another page again where the download should start.

I thought that was standard File-Server stuff.

Unless anyone knows a better place, I can host it there aswell.

So all I have to do is stick all these files in my Override folder to have a new look for Taris? I'm about to start a new playthrough, and it'd be nice to have it look a bit different. If so, could I put them all i na subfolder for easy swapping in and out (mainly for comparison's sake)?

Yep, that's the idea, you just need to dump them in the override !

Putting them in sub-folders help to easly do a on/off kind of thing.

Just a small warning about the Sith-Base textures, some of them might pop-up in other Sithy Areas, thinking about Manaan and Leviathian.

Not a 100% sure though , been awhile since I used them my self.

Thats cool ,and nice to know. This is the first time I've played KotOR on anything but the bare-bones minimum settings (my old computer literally didn't even meet the minimal requirements), so I'll be looking at Taris both with and without the textures. :D

Edit: I put 'em in Override, and nothing has changed. (I kept them i ntheir original individual folders). ALso, two folders seem to have an identical file...

Archived