Home

U.S. Navy tests Railgun

Corinthian

Keepign our military strong is essential for us to keep the country safe while it's weak from it's econimic debt.

Think for a moment about what you just said. You are proposing spending ourselves into MORE debt through military spending because our debt makes us vulnerable to aggressors. We can't keep doing this.

Remember, if we cant defend ourselves properly in Iraq, Afghanistan, or wherever else, or even in the US, then that science and medicine research wont do you any good.

Actually, we started those wars.

The reason why we build all these weapons has nothing to do with our national security. It has everything to do with the military-industrial complex, and the corrupt lawmakers who continue to fund these projects in order to please their corporate buddies. This is the reason why we continue to make bigger and better war machines, and why we continue to use them, whether it's in Iraq, Afghanistan, and possibly in Iran, if McCain wins the Presidency.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*sigh* And you really believe that? I think this thread should be locked before it turns into flame-fest.

Well I certainly don't think you've done the world any favors by invading Iraq, or bombing the hell out of Afghanistan, because, let's recall that the goal behind annihilating Afghanistan was to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden, as far as I know neither has happened. As for Iraq, there's a bunch of controversy around that one and I'm not going to get into details in this thread.

Well, Im done with this thread, I wont be a part of "lets hate america" conversations. If you believe all that crap, its youre right. Just remember that we didnt get that sort of freedom because our ancestors sat around with King George and "talked reasonably with him and came to an agreement".

Bye.

Curious, but how do you feel about what Clinton did to your little corner of the world in the 90s?

Actually, it was the presence of the Alqie camps in Afghanistan that were the reason it was hit (even had OBL been in Pakistan, it most likely would've happened anyway). Frankly, TK, SH started the first GW in '90 and it never actually ended (cease fires DO NOT EQUAL peace treaties) until his overthrow in 2003. such is life.

I wont be a part of "lets hate america" conversations.

I need to clarify: I don't hate America, what I do hate are some of the attitudes of your government, the ones that say "the US have the right to meddle in things that are none of their business" and "the US are making the world a better place by waging wars".

As for your King George analogy, it's flawed for one simple reason, that situation was quite different than today's. Back then America was a British penal colony and the people who lived there were basically prisoners. Today, the US are far from being, or becoming anyone's prisoner, so there was no need for Afghanistan, Iraq and there is no need for a potential Iran.

I kinda want to take that railgun to this thread.

Why is it that seemingly any thread that has to do with the US and its government/military degenerate into a giant ball of flaming political poo? We hear about it enough in Kavar's, so stop ****ting up threads in Ahto as well. Jesus Christ.

Enough. :dozey:

Archived