Home

Taris Lower City Restoration

Dan Loto

This is a fairly small mod made to restore the cut content in the Lower City. On the list of cut content this was number 37. I didn't restore the swoop droid which was cut because someone else is working on it. Davik's Gem was not restored because it seems to span out of the Lower City.

UPDATE:

Current version: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Taris_Lower_City_Restoration;90857

If you find any bugs then go ahead and tell me! :)

Dan would you be interested in working on the K1RP -- A New Beginning project? We'll be doing thing's in little releases like this, so it's basically the same thing you're doing except maybe a little enhancement and some some extra ideas. If your interested in joining PM me or post it here. Though I'll hear your response quicker if you PM me.

3-Cut pedestrians-I added the once that make sense for the area. Some of the people talk like they're in the cantina/swoop track so it wouldn't make sense for the area.

I thought that there was a Sith officer who told you to go away from the swoop track, so couldn't you make another swoop track by copying the existing swoop track module and making a door in the Lower Taris module?

An example would be in this piece of a Sith Troopers dialog.

"This area is off limits because of the riot after the last race! You Tarisians couldn't handle crowd control, so we're shutting down the swoop track. Just move along!"

And a janitor.

"Gotta sweep and clean. Gotta have this place sparkly-shiny for when the crowds show up."

I was even thinking that you could even have a full cantina which was just there for people to talk about the swoops. Then you could have a door leading from there to a new swoop track. That way you could have a Sith officer standing outside, and once you go inside you could talk to the janitor. Or you could ditch the new cantina and just add the people to the original cantina.

Wow awesome. This mod really is great. There were almost no glitches, the Vulkar scout worked fine, the battle on either side of you was great, and the Bek scouts also worked without a glitch. Well, except for one small problem where on occasion the Bek scouts didn't voice their dialogs. The lips moved and everything but no sound. This occured randomly between the scouts. However all he Lower City citizens dialogs worked fine.

Congrats to you!!!!

Who is replacing the swoop droid? Could you post a link to the announcement thread , if there is one, please? Thanks

I thought that there was a Sith officer who told you to go away from the swoop track, so couldn't you make another swoop track by copying the existing swoop track module and making a door in the Lower Taris module?

I was even thinking that you could even have a full cantina which was just there for people to talk about the swoops. Then you could have a door leading from there to a new swoop track. That way you could have a Sith officer standing outside, and once you go inside you could talk to the janitor. Or you could ditch the new cantina and just add the people to the original cantina.

I’m working on another mod which would restore the cut NPC’s in the two Lower City apartment complexes. In the West complex there’s a closet that looks like it was meant to be an elevator. I thought that I’d just say that the apartment was a swoop medical area and the elevator would just take you to a renamed swoop track module.

Well, except for one small problem where on occasion the Bek scouts didn't voice their dialogs. The lips moved and everything but no sound. This occured randomly between the scouts.

I’ve had this happen before. I think it’s usually the cut scene where the three Beks lose to the three Vulkars. I just went in the cantina and came out and they spoke fine. If you or anyone else know what the problem is then please tell me! :)

Who is replacing the swoop droid? Could you post a link to the announcement thread , if there is one, please? Thanks

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185830

I played through it again and I found a new problem. Sometimes the Rodian scouts fighting animations don't play. He fires the blaster but you can't see the beams and when he's supposed to attack with the shock stick he just stands there. This happens randomly again. I also tried going into the LC Cantina to solve the Bek scout prob but didn't work. They still didn't speak sometimes.

Good luck and thanks :)

• 1 month later...

I haven't updated this in awhile, or even worked on this but I just started up again and I think I fixed the 50% voice bug. I guess the large, never ending battles were too much for the game to handle in addition to everything that was already in the module. I will have to cut out the fighting eye candy, but hopefully I can just set the people to random walk so that the platforms wont go to waste.

After I finish this, I plan to restore the cut NPCs from the two apartment complexes as well as the cut access to the "real" swoop platform. I think I already said that though.

Edit: The link to the last beta version is in the first post.

Hey, Dan?

I'm a bit sorry to see that there won't be any fights there now.

Just how many fighters did you have in the fights?

Just thought i'd ask because it would make sense that there would be a Sith patrol fighting a small group of Vulkars.

The sith patrol in the Undercity had three sith in it, so a patrol like that would fight a Vulkar patrol of 4-5 Vulkars. Much like the Garage heads patrol in the Vulkar base.

Might that work? You'd still be able to see the explosions and blaster fire.

Also if the sith and vulkars keep spawning in groups of three just after the fight is over it would keep going.

Just my 2 cents.

Hey, Dan?

I'm a bit sorry to see that there won't be any fights there now.

Just how many fighters did you have in the fights?

Just thought i'd ask because it would make sense that there would be a Sith patrol fighting a small group of Vulkars.

The sith patrol in the Undercity had three sith in it, so a patrol like that would fight a Vulkar patrol of 4-5 Vulkars. Much like the Garage heads patrol in the Vulkar base.

Might that work? You'd still be able to see the explosions and blaster fire.

Also if the sith and vulkars keep spawning in groups of three just after the fight is over it would keep going.

Just my 2 cents.

I will try that, but it will probably be just for the Southeast platform.

One other thing that I want to ask/say: I found what I think to be an unused lightsaber crystal in the Northeast apartment complex. It's called "Davik's Gem" so it's possible that it was for a quest too. Or is it still in the game? I don't think that I've ever found it before.

Sure i'll take a look and see what i can make of it.

Uh, where am i supposed to look again?

Edit: Oops it was supposed to be g_w_sbrcrstl015.uti in tar_m02aa_s.rim. Is that it?

Edit2: Never mind. I found ptar_daviksgem.uti in tar_m03ad_s.rim, in case anyone is interested in looking it over.

Edit3: I've had alook and theres next to nothing here as far as i can see. Other than the Stack Size 99, Model Variation 1, Palette ID 20 there is nothing here.

So, now what do i do with it?

Edit4: If i can get this to work, i might try to make this crystal the oposite of the solari crystal, seeing as Davik is who Davik is.

• 1 month later...

The latest (and hopefully last) update is out!

http://rapidshare.com/files/117853783/Taris_Lower_City.zip

What was restored by modules:

Tar_m03aa-Restored cut NPCs.

Tar_m03ab-Restored cut access to the swoop platform and cut NPCs.

Tar_m03ad-Restored cut NPCs.

Tar_m03ae-Restored cut NPCs.

Swoopplat-The cut swoop platform before and after the race.

So this is the real final beta. If I or anyone else don't find any fixable problems then it will be released.

About Davik's gem:

So, now what do i do with it?

Edit4: If i can get this to work, i might try to make this crystal the oposite of the solari crystal, seeing as Davik is who Davik is.

After more inspection, it appears to be a quest item. I won't include it yet because I think it covers more than just the Lower City (like the swoop droid.)

If you have any plans on how to use it then go for it!

Archived