Home

Uploading .MAP files into KOTOR Tool

harIII

I have all of the available maps from Fred Tetra in KOTOR I and the KOTOR Tool. I placed the .MAP files into the map folder in the program file. There is an option to see which maps are available under the Tools drop down menu. Even though I have all the .MAP files in the maps folder, they still say that they are either Unsupported or Failed. If I extract the 3 map files from a preticular area, I have the .MAP and the .GIT file, but I keepkeep getting an error. What is going on. Thank you for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a great idea to start running but in order to star this I have to edit a map file. My problem is I can't the image of the maps to appear in the Module Editor of KOTOR Tool.

I've downloaded the .map files from Fred Tetra's site along with Mapinfo program. The maps are presently in the maps directory and I ran the install program of Mapinfo.

When I try to open a map file it tells me that there are no supported maps. But the map files are in the map directory. I go through and open the directory "Maps" and it tells me that you need a .git file. I extract the module for the map. When I try it again, it still tells me that there are no maps. What is going on. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Merged with similar thread in KT Forum, please only create one thread for a specific topic/issue. Thanks. -RH

This should have been in KOTOR Tool's forum. To use module editor you should click the button that says extract entire rim for module editing. Are you sure you're trying a module where a map is supported, there are a few missing especially for K1.

--Stream

I know that I am matching the indicated modules with the correct one. For instance, I'm extracting the Elder Rakatan Settlement and I know that it is available.

I can edit a few things using K-GFF but I don't know how to place things such as people and footlockers. But what I want to do is in the first city area in Taris for example. I want to make it turn on a 90 degree angle rather than having a straight street. Pretty much making a cube into a sphere, changing the entire look of a level. I'm not sure if you can do that in K-GFF but if it's possible, I'll be interested and look into it.

Har, sadly the Module editor is not stable it was a beta and still is. Modding this game will require you to work outside KT for quite a few things especially when editing unsupported modules.

Remember this will not be an easy point-and-click expirience. You have to place objects into your module in the git file by adding nodes and coordinates to it for each and every single NPC, placeable, and trigger. You have to do this with a GFF Editor and it is a whole mess of work. Remember what I said in my post to you before about the skills you would need, this is part of it.

Also I have deleted the redundant thread you created about using the module editor, please do not create another thread about the editor, use this one. Multiple threads on the same topic are considered spam. Thanks.

Archived