Home

[K1] Coruscant

Sithspecter

As most of the community now knows, we have been given the ability to create entirely new modules. What I am proposing will be a long way off, but I think this will be good. My idea is to create at least five Coruscant modules. You will be able to go to Coruscant on the galaxy map, talk to Jedi masters, recieve additional training, be entangled with plots from the exchange, Genoharadan, Sith and Republic senators, and Manalorians. Also, many merchants, sidequests, and weapons. I was watching episode 3 yesterday, and when the fight came in the senate building, I just freaked. I grabbed my laptop, and began to model the main chancellor's spire, and some of the senator's pods. This will not be anytime soon. I am not going to even completely start working on this until I finish my World War 2 New Area Mod. I may just work on it a little here and there until I finish. But, on a project this scale, I'm going to need a scripter, somebody who can do journals, and a texturer. I will post a few screenshots as the year progresses. Ideas, comments, or questions? Please post them. If you want to be on the team, your going to have to be patient and dedicated.

Hope you like this!

SS

I am trying to learn how to do Module Editing myself, if you can tell me anything I would certainly appreciate it. I just can't change the option in KOTOR Tool saying that the .MAP are Supported rather than Unsupportable or failed, or something to that effect. But once I can start to proficiently edit the Modules, I would be more than happy to help you with this project. I'm trying to do something very similar to what you're doing anyway.

I'm at least going to do part of the jedi temple. There are going to be a multitude of sidequests- ranging from the jedi, to the exchange, to czerka. An interesting proposition is the fact that you will be able to discuss Bastila with the Jedi masters after the Leviathan. I'm not exactly sure about the jedi temple mod, but this one in going to include two main places: Jedi temple and Senate building. Plus, I might add Dex's Diner! Just remember that I'm not really going to work on this until after my World War 2 mod. I'll post on this thread quite a bit, but I'm not really working on it (yet). Probably, the work will begin mostly this summer.

@HarIII : don't mess with the kotor map tool. what you can do instead is run around in your module and use the whereami cheat to place things. I believe this is what most people do. I take a screen shot and paste it so I can place lots of objects at the same time with K-GFFE

@HarIII : don't mess with the kotor map tool. what you can do instead is run around in your module and use the whereami cheat to place things. I believe this is what most people do. I take a screen shot and paste it so I can place lots of objects at the same time with K-GFF.

Yeah, using K-GFF and so on to place NPC's etc can help you understand the tool more as well so you can use i in other areas too...

I've been thinking about this kind of mod to.

Though it's Coruscant is so large and there so many places people want to see and be able to visit... I was a bit reluctant to start on anything.

But, yeah, everytime I view one of the Episodes I to III , I start to think how could I model this or that.

If I ever find the time, I could help a hand modeling wise aswell.

Though this is kind of dreamy talk you know.

Plus I'm already bussy with lots of stuff for all kind mods.

There was a mod for this well into progress by Coola. They remade the taris skybox to look like night and even added traffic in the sky; the level was kind off Taris reskinned but it looked fantastic.

They were extremely close to release (Couple of weeks or a month) some six months ago and then suddenly Coola dropped off the grid and the mod apparently has died because there have been no new updtes. Sucks because it was the mod I was most looking forward to.

Here's the link to Coola's site for the mod:

http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/

I wish you luck with this project.

I have found a tutorial on this site that is giving me a 100% step by step guide to the creation of a new level. I am presently working on it and at this point in time all I have to do to start building it is finding the coordinates of the NPCs and load them into the Module File. I'm on my way if you want help.

I think I'll just use Taris reskins for most of the modules, but I'll probably model a senate building plus some of the Jedi Temple.

Edit: I've decided against this project. Coruscant is just too much to model, and I'd need totally new textures, so instead, I'm probably going to restore Sleheyron.

Archived