Home

Lightsaber colors

DarthJacen

I was wondering if there was a way to limit the lightsaber colors to just the Lucas approved lightsaber colors mostly Blue, and Green for Jedi with the option of purple, and red for Sith or Dark Jedi. I'd like to get rid of the yellow and orange saber colors.

Thank you,

Jacen Solo/ Darth Caedus The new Dark Lord of the Sith

I was wondering if there was a way to limit the lightsaber colors to just the Lucas approved lightsaber colors mostly Blue, and Green for Jedi with the option of purple, and red for Sith or Dark Jedi. I'd like to get rid of the yellow and orange saber colors.

Thank you,

Jacen Solo/ Darth Caedus The new Dark Lord of the Sith

It might require a little coding on your part. But shouldn't be to hard

I wish, I knew, how to do that. I think, it's just silly to have the orange and yellow lightsabers when, during the making of the AOTC documentary on the bonus disk of the DVD set, Samuel L. Jackson asked George Lucas about what there lightsaber colors would be, and he said, "Good guys are blue and green. Bad guys are red." (He isn't big on terminology) And, Jackson asks, "Can I have purple?" Lucas looks at him and thinks a bit, and said, "We can do purple." But, yeah for the most part blue and green for Jedi, and red for Sith.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very disappointed with the lack of help. I am not a modder. I am a person who thinks that game developers put too many saber colors in this game and did not follow the example given by George Lucas. I watched the actors talk to him about this very subject during the making of the Episode II Arena scene. All the actors were very curious about that, and the only reason that Samuel L. Jackson asked for a purple lightsaber was so that he could pick himself out in when he got a chance to watch the movie. So, please somebody give me a set of instructions, on what tools I need, and what I need to limit. I really want a mod that does this, but I'm the only one, so that means I have to do it. And, I'm NOT a modder. I'm a fan of the Star Wars movies, games, and books, but I don't sit here for hours on hand doing nothing. I'm sure we all have lives, but at least the modders, here know what they're doing.

You should be able to edit the npcs files (can't remember the exact name, it is a text file in ext_data dir in one of the assets pk3s I believe). In there you can change the saber colours to specific ones you want.

• 2 weeks later...

The npc way that Prime stated will help you with single player. If you are talking about multiplayer you need to code. Actually it may not require any coding but editing the menu to not display the offending colors. But I don't think many people would use a mod that only allowed them to use certain colors.

I'm disappointed in your attitude. Have you not noticed that this board is not that busy?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for being as helpful as possible, I must be the only one who cares about the lightsaber colors. I still don't really know what I'm doing, and will probably not do anything because I don't want to break a game that's not broken. The only time this matters in single player is On Korriban 1 and 2 where it randomly generates Jedi and lightsaber colors. Also, when you spawn in a Jedi or a Jedi master, the Jedi has a yellow lightsaber. Thank you and I hope to talk to you soon.

Here's what to do in detail: Open assets1.pk3 (in PakScape/WinZip/7-Zip/whatever) and, in ext_data/npcs, extract jedi.npc, jedi_random.npc, jedif.npc, jedimaster.npc and jeditrainer.npc.

Open each file in turn in notepad and edit all lines saying "sabercolor ..." or "sabercolor2 ...", replacing the original color or the keyword "random" with a color of your liking. Create 2 nested folders ext_data/npcs and put the edited files in the latter. Then create a zip file containing the ext_data folder, change its extension from .zip to .pk3 and put it in your base folder (or use PakScape to instantly create a pk3 file in base containing the ext_data folder).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived