Home

Mass Effect for PC!!

Uilleand

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope We can mod it to be Star Wars!!

Probably not, Lucasarts seems to have a certain fondness for putting a stop to Starwars mods for games not released by them.

Great news that a PC version is in the works, seems like it's time to start caring about this game and see what it is about. I just hope the system requirements aren't too draconian. :)

Great news that a PC version is in the works, seems like it's time to start caring about this game and see what it is about. I just hope the system requirements aren't too draconian. :)
Just don't believe everything you read, good or bad. People claim to have completed the game in like 7 hours, but the shortest play through I’ve ever had was like 24 hours the first time I played. My guess with your knowledge of other games, you take your time and really explore. My last time through, I believe my seventh, took 56 hours. There are many Easter Eggs hidden throughout the game, many I had no clue what they were about, but with your knowledge of games you might.

Still have to play the game as a renegade, I’ve tried, but was not able to get to 75% in order to get the Xbox achievement. I am trying to figure out with all the help you’ve given me in the past would I recommend this game to you. After all, you made Oblivion complete enjoyment for me. Best I can say, Mass Effect is a beautiful, well written and has a great ending, but it also has flaws and some plot holes. Yes, I would recommend it, especially since you did not follow all the hype. Just know that combat is not turn based.

One request, if you do indeed get Mass Effect, I would really like to see the PC you create with the Character Creation system Bioware came up with for Mass Effect. If you can do what you did with Oblivion’s Character Creation system, I can’t wait to see your Mass Effect PC.

Didnt they say once that ME would never come to the PC though? O.o

They probably used the wonderfully PR-diplomatic phrase "We have no plans at this time to..." which is a No which could change into a Yes at any time. :)

Just don't believe everything you read, good or bad. There are many Easter Eggs hidden throughout the game, many I had no clue what they were about, but with your knowledge of games you might.

(snip)

One request, if you do indeed get Mass Effect, I would really like to see the PC you create with the Character Creation system Bioware came up with for Mass Effect. If you can do what you did with Oblivion’s Character Creation system, I can’t wait to see your Mass Effect PC.

Sounds like a typical Bioware RPG in many respects, from what I've heard so far, so chances are I will probably like it when I get it. Since I've been unable to play it so far (due to its console-only nature) I haven't bothered looking much at the game before though. :)

I'll post screenshots of my character when I get the game. :D

Oh boy! Another game to sit on my shelf and get dusty! :xp: (Still need to get The Witcher, and VTM Bloodlines)

:yelhelp: I am trapped in Stormreach... send platnium pieces!

Indeed, I still haven't gotten around to playing Jade Empire, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion got put on the backburner because I'm going back through K1 to play Brotherhood of Shadow. Still, nice knowing another good (I hope) game will be on the PC. Now if we only knew if The Force Unleashed is getting a PC release or not (same for GTA4). At least Mercenaries 2 is coming soon. :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130325

I'd recommend this one, as it's a whole bunch cheaper than the PNY version.

I agree. It also has a lifetime warranty (as do BFG and XFX cards), which the PNY card lacks.

@Jimbo: Your monitor dollars would also be better spent on an 8-bit (PVA; MVA; IPS) panel instead of a 6-bit one. TN panels should never be that expensive, IMO.

OT: Yeah, I knew that a PC version of ME would be released eventually; I just didn't expect that it would happen so soon.

Archived