Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a thought about a possible Star Map quest for Sleheyron...

You could have a location where a Star Map used to be, but for reasons unknown it has been removed from the planet. Perhaps a group of Hutts is involved who acquired it and tried to deal with Malak. The PC would then embark on a quest to get to the bottom of it, with LS and DS paths; as a LS you take it upon to side with a quilty-consciouss Hutt who fears the Hutt dealings with the Sith will prove to be disasterous who gives you info on the location of the Star Map in a Sith Hangar. He claims to have found a 'strange alien artifact' that was giving him (or some Cathars maybe?) vivid dreams. He mentions that the artifact was incredibly damaged, and was slowly 'dying', the dreams becoming weaker; after the dealings with the Sith for its sale (who did not want to get in a head on confrontation with the Hutts), the dreams became more vivid (as if the Star Map was rebuilding itself again) and were of a horrific nature.

He wants you to go renegotiate for the Star Map's sale and to get it back -or destroy it at any cost. You reach the hangar and following some convo you can fight or talk your way through to their leader a Sith apprentice/bounty hunter. The leader won't give up the Star Map and eventually tires with your efforts and fights you. As he dies, he activates a Predator-like explosive device to destroy the Star Map. The gains could be some loot/cash from the Hutt as gratitude for your effort and maybe a unique lightsaber crystal that was found to be part of the Star Map.

As a DS you can lie to the guilty Hutt and during your conversations with the Sith/bounty hunter you make a deal to go strike the Hutts. Heading back, you fight or talk through the Hutt complex and when you confront the Hutts you are treated to a video recording of the Sith Hangar blowing up; the Hutts, having sensed that you were not entirely honest they went all out mafia style and made a direct hit themselves. You kill everyone off and run away knowing the Hutts are going to go after you. As a side-effect maybe most/all merchants won't deal with you from now on. Returning back to the hangar you find the Sith leader dying who possibly makes some comment about the PC's real identity before croacking. On his body you will find a wicked armor (maybe one not restricting force powers?), a saber and pistol.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

As this is a Sleheyron Restoration, we're trying to stick to the original content as much as possible, and also we already have a writer. Please don't everyone just post random quest ideas! If you want to give input, PM me! And about the armor w/o restricted force powers, it can't be done in K1, I'm told. :( About the star map: I believe that David G, one of the storywriters for KotOR, said that the star map was located in one of the Hutt's collections. But, the team is still unsure of whether or not we're going to do the starmap. It would be very, very complicated to get it all ingame.

Also, everyone welcome Malpense to the team as storyline writer!

*EVERYONE READ*

Remember: Please do not post anymore ideas for quests and such. Just PM me, and I'll pass it along to our story writer if I think it is good enough.

Also: We have seven team members already: Lordjedi, Jebus, Seamhainn, Malpense, Quanon, Master Zionosis, and myself. I'm not sure that we need more team members. If we need new team members or beta testers, I will post it in this thread.

Please do not let this discourage your feedback! I simply do not want this thread all clogged up with people's random ideas for quests.

*READ* But, if you find pictures or information about Sleheyron, please feel free to post them! I am happy to get all the info and pics I can!

If anyone wants to be dedicated full-time on this project to retexturing and making new textures, please PM me!

if ya can do that bein sick i can just imagine what ya gonna do fightin fit, btw did i miss something in my long absence? i thought new models couldnt be implemented in Kotor

New models can be implemented in Kotor. It is just really hard to do. I think there is a tutorial for them.

That... is... beautiful.

Thank you! Remember, this is IN-GAME! Not rendered, IN-GAME! What you see is about all of it so far. There's nothing to the side or behind the PC. The hardest part is going to be to make a walkmesh... I think I have to include all the walls in that so the camera doesn't go through them...

I got the reskins for implementing Sleheyron into the Galaxy Map this morning. They look very good so far, and I hope I will find time to work on it tonight, so It'll be ready beginning next week for a first review (by the team - just to tease you all, folks :-) ).

Nevertheless a word of caution to all: don't hold your collective breath! It will take quite some time until you will see anything substantial. All of the team members are very enthusiastic, and I hope it will stay that way. Expect at least one month until you will see only glimpse of what this restoration will look like in the end.

I will see huge difficulties when it comes to the .pth file at the latest...

Take care

Hmm...

Its good to see Sleheyron is still very much in the public eye after Team Jawa. I didn't think that I'd ever see this. Its ambitious; be aware of that. Don't overburden yourselves. The work here looks great, and its progressed at a rapid pace.

It would be interesting to see how much of Team Jawa's concept work is picked up, despite how fragmentary it is. I wouldn't mind if anything I wrote back then worked its way into the project --- but thats out of my hands now.

Best of luck.

Actually, getting a star map in game is amazingly simple. There's a script function just to make it activate.

Some advice: Slow down, take your time. Make this the best it can be. Yes, it'll be frustrating, and irritating, and immensely time-consuming. But in the end, it will be worth it.

Also - the plot should be complex - try to keep simple 'fetch-and-carry' sidequests to a minimum. Include, if possible the intergalactic sidequests.

Make sure the spelling, grammar, and punctuation are all correct and stylistically pleasing. Nothing makes a game feel less 'real' than misspelt, indecipherable dialogues. Include plenty of options, and keep it varied.

Where possible, it's better if an important plot character speaks to your character automatically, rather than you having to start a dialogue with them. Include plenty of triggers to do this.

Make sure what happens on the planet is as original as possible - don't rehash sidequests or bits and pieces from Taris, or something - it can get quite dull.

In the end, it comes down to this: Keep the user engaged, and make it feel as indistinguishable from the main game itself as possible. So that if they have a new Override they wonder why Sleheyron doesn't show up on the galaxy map if they've not re-installed the mod. If you can do that, then you've succeeded.

I don't mean to be patronising, but I've seen a lot of sidequest or new module mods. It would be good if you could avoid some of their mistakes. :)

Archived