Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome work sithspecter and everyone, that arena fits perfectly with what David told us about the plans for the story line for the planet...with the Hutt overlords and the arena contests, this is very exciting to see happening and I am so glad you found some of the original models still in the game files, David did not know there were any still there. Great Great work i will update the master llist of restoration work asap, sorry to have been away, a major project that i was beta testing for and a lead on in some ways, has suspended for a while and I have had to mod some support for it. Just wanted to say wonderful work!!!

Looks great; it's always amazing what modders can come out with. There's just one thing that bugs me about the screenshots, however. The ground textures seem pretty repetitive - the little squares almost make it look like a grid. It kind of brings attention to itself. Would it be possible to take them out or somehow make it less repetitive? Maybe it's just me, though.

This mod looks very promising all the same.

• 3 weeks later...
About the ground textures, I might change them up a bit, and add blaster marks and such, but the screenshots from the devs show mostly the same grid texture.

Just do what Obsidian and Bioware did, they placed these planes just slightly above the normal floor and textured those with the "Blast" and cracked look.

Take a peek on piece of the Sith Academy of TSL, you'll see dozens of these planes floating like a "Nano"meter above the regular floor.

@Topic: Looking ACE SS ! Seems likes you're getting the touch on how to do this stuff :D

Just do what Obsidian and Bioware did, they placed these planes just slightly above the normal floor and textured those with the "Blast" and cracked look.[/Quote]

That's what I'm starting to do. I've added one in the current render, its on the right, and you can see a bit of white and a blaster mark over there.

@Topic: Looking ACE SS ! Seems likes you're getting the touch on how to do this stuff :D

Thanks so much! Now that I look back on my first attempts, I can laugh a bit. But, I'm getting more in the hang of it now, and it can only improve, right?

Wow! This is really coming together SS, well done! The quality of those buildings is superb.

I agree with Quanon, though pretty much everyone does this (even crysis ((to an extent)) ) using decal textures, I have yet to try thouse out in my modules however :/. There is a first time for everything though.

Keep up the good work and keep those screenshots coming!

-Doc

Guys, you should all really sit down before reading this. I've got some awful news. This isn't some sick joke. I wish it was, but it's not. Well, I'll just get straight to the point. My computer crashed yesterday, and I lost everything. All the Sleheyron models, the Ultimate Ranged Mod weps, the Indiana Jones hat, the TSL new mask, everything. I'm going to need a few weeks to get everything back together. I'm really sorry.

SS

I'm sorry for you, I know it's hard

I hope you're gonna be able to get everything back

Not happening. The whole hard drives been reset.

@Seamhainn: well, I wish I was a coward.

This doesn't canel any of the projects I've started. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? I'm going to start over from ground zero and make the best that I can of it. Since it's going to be summer, I'll be able to get on the ball pretty quickly. Don't worry, I'm not out of it yet.

Archived