Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

Ouch, now you know why you should back your project work up on a disc or memory stick after every session. Shame you had to learn that the hard way, from what I saw it was coming along nicely. :/

Good luck on getting back to where you were though.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the good news is that I'll probably be able to get most of my apps and such back this weekend. Not restoring them, but downloading them again. With all the support from you all, I'm sure to be able to get back on track soon. Also, I'm getting an external hard drive and a flash drive to back up, and I'll upload all my mod stuff on the internet each month so I'll be sure not to lose anything ever again.

Dang man. That's really not something anyone likes to have happen. I think that happened to me a couple of times too. I'm sure you will be able to make it all up though. And I will be here for anything you need my friend. I think the most courageous thing here, is that you aren't giving up.

-Doc

Ack, thats.... a real big bugger.

When I re-installed my Windows XP I just had one .Max file that went corrupt.

And already I felt devestated ( spelling >.<) that I lost that model.

Can't imagine the deap sorrow of loosing all my 3D stuff.

Think I would jump of a cliff or go out on a mad slaughter.

Well... But I'm sure you'll recover from it ! ;)

It didn't kill you, makes you stronger, now use those dark feelings to get in a bezerk modelling rage :)

The Dark Side is strong in this one :lol:

EDIT: a bit mean remark: We still got the pictures :x

Probably wouldn't hurt to have old style hard copy in a desk somewhere, just in case. Redundant systems take the sting out of one failing. At least, if you put it down with pen and paper (where applicable), you don't have to tax your memory (ie brain) too hard. Good luck getting back on track.

I'm going to work on this till it gets done. I don't care how long it takes.

*Checks the chains and cuffs*

Yeah ,you'aint going nowhere untill this is finished :lol:

Don't worry SS, I think you'll do the same job faster as you know what it should look like and you already know some trick/ tactics already.

You won't loose time on modelling problems, as you already sorted it out, with the previous versions of Sleheyron.

Plus, I've no doubt you'll be back on track very soon. :)

Sad to hear of the loss, man. Such things always remind me that back-ups are really worth it. But like Quanon said, things will go faster now. Hope you don't get sick of it, because this must've frustrated you. Good luck with getting back on track! ;)

Well, all my files are gone, and I'm just going to continue. I've got one day of school left, and then it's mod 24/7. Hopefully, I'll post new better area screenshots really soon.

Don't forget those little breaks where you eat and/or sleep. :)

Don't forget those little breaks where you eat and/or sleep

Hey, I didn't think us modders needed sleep!

Well, all my files are gone, and I'm just going to continue. I've got one day of school left, and then it's mod 24/7. Hopefully, I'll post new better area screenshots really soon.

That's great news SS.:)

But please, do be a 'coward' this time.204740968.gif is your friend, m'kay?

*consolationhug*

~Paper~

Um... no. I don't use flash drives. I bought a 750 gig external hard drive.

@DarthRevan243: Naw, that's one of my poorer works. I had started completely over on the modules.

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a while since this thread has seen daylight! :p

Anyway, I'd like say that I'm still working on it! I've begun work on the first module, the docking module. It's not really like any of the docking areas in K1. The Hawk is perched upon a circular platform, with a ramp that leads to the ground. There are buildings and crates around the place, mainly in stacks, and right now not a whole lot other than that. I've been working a lot with the lighting, and trying to get everything to look good. I've also added the Ebon Hawk's steam emitters on the landing legs to fully bring the same thing that you would expect at any other docking area. I'm going to add mars and blaster marks in various places on the ground and walls, and more emitters. I've also modeled a new door. I will in the future model a new placeable that is sort of a steam emitter that is seen in many of the Sleheyron production pics.

About the skybox... The skybox is, as you can see, all washed out looking. This is because I plugged in the skybox from KotOR, and it has a sun glare with no texture that appears as a large white box. That is what happened when I tried to fix it... Anyway, don't worry about it. I'll fix it.

And for all team members! Right now, we only have five team members that are still active at the forums. Myself, Doc Valentine, Seamhainn, Jebus, and Dan Loto. If anyone else that was on the team is still interested, we'd love to have you back. But if things have changed, that's alright too. We may have some available positions, so if you want to join, this is the time!

Here are the pics!

0005.jpg

0004.jpg

0003.jpg

0001.jpg

emitter01.jpg

emitter02.jpg

emitter03.jpg

Archived