Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

I never fail to be impressed. I swear, every week I discover there has been some sort of modding breakthrough! Sithspecter, I congratulate you on what you've accomplished so far, wish the best of luck on where you're going, and if you need any help in storyline and dialog conceptualization, please feel free to PM, it's what I specialize in. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I finally have somewhat of an update. I'm almost done with the street module (again :lol:). Seems like maybe I did this once before...

Well, anyway, I've got some screenshots, and a link to a brand new forum where you can get a front-seat ride for this mod.

fss08.jpg

fss07.jpg

fss06.jpg

fss05.jpg

fss04.jpg

fss03.jpg

fss02.jpg

fss01.jpg

Sadly, our old forum was taken offline, but that was a while back. I've created a new one here, which is probably where the majority of the work is going to be posted.

It also seems that most of the people who had previously worked on this have lost interest, so I've got an opening or two on the team somewhere... ;)

Well, I finally have somewhat of an update. I'm almost done with the street module (again :lol:). Seems like maybe I did this once before...

Sadly, our old forum was taken offline, but that was a while back. I've created a new one here, which is probably where the majority of the work is going to be posted.

It also seems that most of the people who had previously worked on this have lost interest, so I've got an opening or two on the team somewhere... ;)

Great Job SS! It looks amazing(if only i could model....:confused:) I did notice one thing but you probably know, one building is not textured. Besides that I'm amazed.

As in helping, if you don't already have placeables, spawning, whereami, utc's and all that stuff covered I can help most with that.

Great Job SS! It looks amazing(if only i could model....:confused:) I did notice one thing but you probably know, one building is not textured. Besides that I'm amazed.

Yeah, that's a giant hub cap in the middle of the city...

Actually, I just haven't textured it yet, but don't worry, I will.

I'm very happy to see that you've made some progress. And what amazing progress it is! It'll be awesome to see some NPCs in those modules when you reach that stage.

Btw, my offer as storyline and dialog consultants still stands (it's what I've been doing for Team Hssiss) and I'd also like to extend that offer by throwing in Beta Testing. I'll register on your forum some time soon.

I also have a question: you say that off-the-bat compatibility with BOS (and by extension BOS:SR is unlikely given the twenty million aspects of the game you're modifying. However, is a future compatibility patch ruled out or could that be done? Because this mod, BOS:SR, WOTOR, K1 Enhancement Pack, Darth Jaden's Malak and Bandon reskin and Dark Jedi reskin, and some of Team Hssiss KOTOR mods when they are completed such as Ryloth would together make the ultimate playthrough EVER! (Shame though that the amount of levels attainable is hardcoded though... >:( .)

I have another small update. I've added a Chadra-Fan merchant to the street module, and that combined with Gargoyle King's Chadra-Fan sound files, it's a whole new creature!

Ah, great to see you're adding some life into that big empty space.

No comments on the model, the buildings look very much like the origenal screenshots of Bioware.

Though, I would add lots of crates, cranes and other random garbage in the model itself, not just placeables. It'll save you some time and you're .git file won't have list of hundreds of objects.

Anyway that just my 2 cents really.

I did that way in my landing bay area, for the Scrapyard games: I'd say 50% of crates and whatnot was the model itself, the other 50% was placeables thrown in by GM.

But like before thats just my jibberish ;)

Ofcourse you could enslave a poor soul on your team and have'em look for coords day and night :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Almost 6 years to the day, this thread returns to the front page of Holowan Laboratories after being buried for over half a decade.

I embarked on this project 7 years ago. I was not a very mature modder, and my skills were not initially up to the task. But, I did the best I could with what I had. I made lots of mistakes. I recognized my mistakes and how poor my models initially were. I started from scratch again. I lost everything in a computer crash, and was left starting from scratch a second time. After losing everything twice, the project lost a lot of momentum. What initially started out as a roaring project with budding new team members eventually dwindled into myself, all alone, trying to soldier on.

College appeared to be the final nail in the coffin for Sleheyron and I. With almost no time to mod, and my laptop being stolen, I thought for certain that I would never revisit the drab, brownish-orange landscape of Sleheyron again. I was finished, or so I thought.

Then, almost 6 years to the day after I opened this thread, a thread on Deadly Stream spurred my enthusiasm for Sleheyron again. After an incredibly nostalgic post, I began to pore over everything I'd done with Sleheyron. I visited long-lost sites and past accounts and discovered something wonderful: I was still in possession of files that I had once thought to be lost.

I was able to recover the entirety of my last Sleheyron files on my old Mediafire account. I quickly released them, once again, almost exactly 5 years after this thread became defunct.

Though the old areas weren't able to take advantage of the recent advancements in lightmaps, they provided much needed inspiration. I quickly rediscovered all the Bioware screenshots for Sleheyron and studied them more closely than I ever had before. I was able to piece them all together and make sense of them in the context of a single area. Finally, I was able to set out once again to accomplish what I had started so many years ago: to create an exact replica of Bioware's Sleheyron.

Getting back in the saddle wasn't easy, but I managed to relearn my old skills fairly quickly, and added many new skills. I was finally able to lightmap areas, and make them light up just like the regular areas in the game. After much frustration, and many, many exports, I was finally able to get a near perfect replica of Bioware's Sleheyron functioning in KotOR.

And so, after 7 years of many, many steps forward and backward, I am proud to reveal the in-game Bioware version of Sleheyron:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

kotorcopy.jpg

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
final06.jpg

Show spoiler
final01.jpg

Show spoiler
final02.jpg

Show spoiler
final03.jpg

Show spoiler
final04.jpg

Show spoiler
final05.jpg

Show spoiler
final07.jpg

Looks great! Really excited to see progress, I'm guessing you will fill up the city a little more? It looks a bit empty for a bustling city.

I've tried to stick with only the NPCs that I can see in the original Bioware screenshots. However, I may try to add a few more. It looks empty in the screenshots, but actually feels much more populated in the game. It really feels about the same as Anchorhead or Dreshdae to.

Real nice SS!! I like the little steam thingys. It all looks really professional. Congrats

Gonna make it TSL version as well?

No plans for a TSL version. Too many KotOR assets to make it feasible.

No plans for a TSL version. Too many KotOR assets to make it feasible.

Can you at least release either your Max files or the finished, uncompiled ASCII's, so that we can put them back into max and take it from there? it's a lot easier to do these things with the original, still readable ASCII file.

Seriously, this looks great, and I can't wait to see it in game.

Can you at least release either your Max files or the finished, uncompiled ASCII's, so that we can put them back into max and take it from there? it's a lot easier to do these things with the original, still readable ASCII file.

I don't plan to do that. I really don't understand why people want Sleheyron in TSL so badly. KotOR is an excellent game, and for now I'm only focused on getting it up and running in it.

Well thats what i call an extended vacation....but seriously it nice to have new worlds to run around in stellar work there.

Not so much of a vacation, just very little time to mod during college.

One thing I've come to realize now is that this is more of a marathon than a sprint. I basically did a few, quick sprints of modding when I started this project. Now, I pick away at it gradually, don't force it when it's not coming naturally, and put it away for a while when things begin to get sloppy. I work hard when my mind is recharged, and carefully consider what I'm going to build next when I'm not working.

Archived