Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

How about a large circular bar in the middle, with a bartender? Like the Jekk Jekk Tarr on Nar Shaddaa in K2 I believe. Just stick a large circular...tube (I can't think of a better descriptive word)..., make it have a drink serving skin and stick a bartender in there who can wander round inside it.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hay, everybody! I'm back with what's finished! I added two small circular stages on each side of the cantina. One's for the band, the other is for the Twi'lek dancers. I've put the band in place, but I haven't added the dancers. I finally got the walkmesh build after about 50 failed attemps. :) Anyway, here's pics. Also, I added a bartender to the bar? thingee.

stage02.jpg

stage01.jpg

Hay, everybody! I'm back with what's finished! I added two small circular stages on each side of the cantina. One's for the band, the other is for the Twi'lek dancers. I've put the band in place, but I haven't added the dancers. I finally got the walkmesh build after about 50 failed attemps. :) Anyway, here's pics. Also, I added a bartender to the bar? thingee.

{snip}

{snip}

Very nice. May I recommend placing some chairs around the circular stages (for both the Bith and Twilek)

Hey Sithspecter, May I say that this is looking gorgeous? Fantastic work as always, truly inspiring stuff. Inspiring enough to make me sign up for the forum! =P I have a suggestion for the cantina, so this post isnt a total waste of space. How about programing in a cagefight that you can bet on? Im not sure how all this programing stuff works though, so I dont know if it's possible.

We'll consider it. Nevertheless the funny and appropiate thing would be if they would be still drunk and tell an unbelievable story how they escaped from Taris (like Duncan does).

One also has to consider that the pc can kill those drunks which is not noted with a variable or somesuch anywhere. So we don't know wether or not we can spawn them regarding the actions of the pc on Taris. I am afraid we have to scrath that idea, as neat as it is...

2. The team decided early on, when working on the project, that we will NOT touch other planets/modules/areas/whatever.

-I mean no offense in this post whatsoever-

While I respect the teams wishes, why won't you do that? One of the cool things about KotOR is that your decisions influence what happens on other planets (Yuthera Ban, Deadeye Duncan, etc.). It wouldn't make sense to Sleheyron out of the loop like that. While it may seem like a whole bunch of work to do this kind of stuff, well that's a planet mod. :lol:

Simply put...

I assume it will take one year to have at least a status which can be called beta for Sleheyron - minimum! In the meantime some team members will leave the project (thats live). Maybe some will join, too...

If SS leaves the team at any time this project is doomed anyway!

That all said, I force the team to concentrate on the main plot, that being searching and finding the Starmap (like on all other planets). That is and will be my/our main goal. Anything else added thereafter is bonus. If the team actually will work that long on the project there'll be boni (I myself have an idea or two which I want to include). Just wait...

To make a looong story short. It all looks very promissing indeed, but we only have one and a half modules finishes - from approximately eight to ten, and SS already is working on those finished ones for a year or so. And that are just empty modules with yet no content. Maybe now you all can estimate the workload a bit.

Absolutely no offense intended :-) ! Have a nice day all!

Whilst the maps look fantastic, without a decent, well designed plot to tie them all together - They will ultimately only serve as decoration...

Before when the best we could do was use existing modules - The plot had to be designed with the limitations of those existing modules always in mind, which in turn imposed limitations on what could and could not be accomplished to any degree of quality. But now we have the ability to design and create our own maps, the only limitation on the plot itself is the imagination of the modder behind it. :p

Storyline should be the most fundamental part of any content mod. My suggestion is that you concentrate all efforts on nailing at least a basic outline of the story, and then design and create custom maps based upon the requirements of that story.

It's an approach that has worked for me, and I'm sure if the team behind this project is organized - then It should work for you too. :)

Whilst the maps look fantastic, without a decent, well designed plot to tie them all together - They will ultimately only serve as decoration...

Before when the best we could do was use existing modules - The plot had to be designed with the limitations of those existing modules always in mind, which in turn imposed limitations on what could and could not be accomplished to any degree of quality. But now we have the ability to design and create our own maps, the only limitation on the plot itself is the imagination of the modder behind it. :p

Storyline should be the most fundamental part of any content mod. My suggestion is that you concentrate all efforts on nailing at least a basic outline of the story, and then design and create custom maps based upon the requirements of that story.

It's an approach that has worked for me, and I'm sure if the team behind this project is organized - then It should work for you too. :)

I totally agree with everything Silver said.

Imagination is our only limit.

I know SithSpector and his team will create a great story which will complement the present Kotor plot. I look forward to playing it when it’s done.

I have to say this is a great time for Kotor modding.

I see so many great projects breaking the ceiling where in the past people thought it was impossible to accomplish. It just blows my mind and motivates me to work harder and get more creative. :)

As the technology advances so will the modding and….

I believe, in time modding will become the Youtube of video games.

People will create clubs which will meet over webcams and be able transfer ideas back and forth which will lead to mods that will make even game industry designers take notice and go wow.

We might be limited by the engine the game contains but…the new stories and new locations will reinvent the game itself.

Logan

Archived