Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

I have to say this is a great time for Kotor modding.

I see so many great projects breaking the ceiling where in the past people thought it was impossible to accomplish. It just blows my mind and motivates me to work harder and get more creative.

Yeah, its happens to me too. =)

But I can imagine as it would be the situation if obsidian and bioware had published tools like bethesda did (The Elder Scrolls Construction Set).:(

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see so many great projects breaking the ceiling where in the past people thought it was impossible to accomplish.

Agreed! When I look at all of the mods I saw when the community was just starting, and compare them to what we have now, It's amazing! Back then, the idea of making whole new modules (with new models) was quite incredible!

But I can imagine as it would be the situation if obsidian and bioware had published tools like bethesda did (The Elder Scrolls Construction Set).

If we had been supplied with tools by bioware or obsidian, like the quake tools and jk2 tools, modding would have been much easier in the beginning.

Think about it...

[flashback]

A few years ago, the idea of something like flowing revan's robes was impossible.

More on topic though:

SS sleheryon is looking amazing! I was away for a while and astounded by the progress you've made!

-HdVaderII

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just so nobody thinks that I've gone AWOL on modding, I've brought you some previews of what's to come with this project. I've been kinda busy with school lately, but I've started on the main Sleheyron area, the street. What is in these pictures is about a fifth or a sixth of the total size of what the finished area should look like. I've also inserted a picture for the Hawk video, of th Hawk setting down on the pad.

hawkland1.jpg

street05.jpg

street04.jpg

street03.jpg

street02.jpg

street01.jpg

In any case, the screens of the street are of a different module than the landing, so that is one thing. Another probably is that rendering in Max simply looks better, and also as Dan pointed out, it could be my graphics settings as I admittedly don't have the best computer.

Glad, very glad to see this great work continuing, I will add update info to the Restorations thread. I agree with other posters that modding is indeed breaking the glass ceiling in KotOR improvment...and things thought impossible are indeed possible. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I totally agree with everything Silver said.

Imagination is our only limit.

I know SithSpector and his team will create a great story which will complement the present Kotor plot. I look forward to playing it when it’s done.

I see so many great projects breaking the ceiling where in the past people thought it was impossible to accomplish. It just blows my mind and motivates me to work harder and get more creative. :)

As the technology advances so will the modding and….

I believe, in time modding will become the Youtube of video games.

People will create clubs which will meet over webcams and be able transfer ideas back and forth which will lead to mods that will make even game industry designers take notice and go wow.

We might be limited by the engine the game contains but…the new stories and new locations will reinvent the game itself.

Logan

I just came back here after a hiatus of a few years and wanted to say: Holy Bananas in a handbasket! We can create <i>maps</i> now!? Last time I was here, KOTOR tool had just released a version with a module editor for placing items etc. Wow, things have changed.

Archived