Home

Similar music to MI? Anyone?

Mish87

Does anyone know any instrumental reggae music that would somewhat or at least distantly resemble the instrumental reggae music in CMI?

I really love the CMI music and keep listening to it but the tracks aren't very long and I've already heard the soundtrack countless times....

The music from the original games was reggae too but just in midi format which meant it didn't really sound like propper reggae. I think the soundtracks for all of the games were great and I love the CMI music. If you have a CMI disc, you can rip the music from that somehow with SCUMM Revisited although I've never done it so I'm not sure how.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

that Ernest Ranglin sounds so much like the michael land music it gives me the creeps, he even mixes the drums alike! as an educated musicstudent I give you this remedy:

standard minor reggae with chorus organ, add jazzblues influences and you've got monkey island. Ernest Ranglin for example plays it very jazzy.

my tip would be a band called RX Bandits. the miss out on the bongos/congas that are kinda typical for MI, and the vocals and the (AWESOME) drumming doesn't really resemble MI that much.

but if you like jazzy minor reggae, you should definately check them out!

http://www.myspace.com/rxbandits

check out songs like apparition, overcome, babylon, taking chase as the serpent slithers.

Archived