Home

Best Adventure Games Of Past 2 Years

QueZTone

Hellos!

I'm been quite absent of the adventure scene for the past years and have been wondering... what are some great adventure games of the past two years I should play?

Recent years I've mostly enjoyed 'serious' games such as Siberia, Broken Sword or Doom3 (LAST ONE IS A JOKE HAR HAR).

thanks! :)

The Last Express!

Oh, wait... last two years...

Well, obviously any of the Telltale games. Their episodicness is a great way of getting back into adventure gaming (it's worked for me).

Was The Longest Journey 2 in the two year time-frame as well? I think it was. And maybe Runaway 2.

Yes. But Art of Murder: FBI Confidential not yet. Our shop near me has a bad service. :(

Good titles are: TLJ 2, B&B (Belief and Betrayal) , Culpa Innata, Overclocked, Sinking Island, Tungi (Secret files Tunguska)... and so on.

I have a lot of adventures since 2006... :) Uh, LA adventures since 2002 or so. And Dott, Goblins 3 and Andromedas Erbe 2 since I´m 8 years old. Now I´m 18 yet. :D

A Vampyre Story SHOULD be out soon, and I'm sure it should be fantastic.

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy? A fairly original adventure. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey got a bit of flak when it came out for not really having any game in it at all, just basically a long (but very well told) story. Saying that, Fahrenheit got the same accusations.

hmmm, i'm fairly interested in Sinking Island now.... and I can get Secret files of Tunguska tomorrow for only 5 euros, so that's a bargain...should keep me busy till I get some more money for other games..

B&B, Art of Murder and Fahrenheit also caught my eye....thanks for the tips guys!

TLJ and TL2 are also on the list of grabbing...should be bargain-priced now too

Sinking Island is like Agatha Christi and there were nothing.

Sinking Island is from Benoit Sokal. (Paradise, Syberia)

And hurry up. ;) Secret files 2 is coming this year. But this time I buy the german version.

@TheTingler

Uhm, 3th quarter of 2008. I think.

And did I mention The Last Express...? :p

Also, let us know how you get along with those games.

He said in the last 2 years.

Nevertheless, The Last Express is totally worth playing, even though it suffers from the King's Quest syndrome of having to redo part of the game because you didn't do something you needed to. It's even worse here, because it isn't always clear when you need to be somewhere.

you should check out The Whispered World, which I think is out any day soon now, it's the one I'm lokking forward to the most this year:)

and I eally enjoyed Still Life(nr 2 is out soon too) except fot the cookie puzzle:P

I think the latter one is more your genre.

He said in the last 2 years.

Nevertheless, The Last Express is totally worth playing, even though it suffers from the King's Quest syndrome of having to redo part of the game because you didn't do something you needed to. It's even worse here, because it isn't always clear when you need to be somewhere.

Yes, but if you reach a dead end then the game will rewind you back to a point in time where you can fix things. So it's very forgiving.

And Whispered World, eh? I remember that when it was with Bad Brain. The fact that it's come back will be released is pretty amazing considering its development history!

My last adventure, I bought today is "Die Kunst des Mordens - Geheimakte FBI" (Art of Murder: FBI Confidential). I just installed Al Emmo on Wednesday. But after Culpa Innata I have no fun for a other adventure. :eek:

Btw (i knew that before) Art of Murder: FBI Confidential is made with the FREE Wintermute-Engine. :D

And Whispered World, eh? I remember that when it was with Bad Brain. The fact that it's come back will be released is pretty amazing considering its development history!

yeah, but it isn't slated for release until Q4 2008, I've just checked. It seems they found a new publisher, there's a feature about it over at AdventureGamers.

the screens I've seen so far look gorgeous though.

Q4 isn't bad, considering it's development history. I saw the article at Adventure Gamers as well. The art style is indeed very nice -- much nicer than I remember it from the Bad Brain days (but I'm sure it's just the same really).

Sven: let us know what you think of Al Emmo -- I've heard mixed things about it!

It´s the first adventure of years, that riches the LA uh charme so much, like no other adventure before.

Maybe the translation was bad?

And Dott for example was funny, but the story was not really a story. ;)

Play Jack Keane, too.

yeah, but at least dott had interesting characters, well-written dialogue, great graphics, overall humorous story and puzzles and a terrific soundtrack.

Ankh didn't, I'm sorry, but I think the whole thing was a waste of my time. the ending was especially dissapointing, but I haven't tried the sequel. nor Jack Keane, I'm afraid.

edit; and I'm not quite sure I agree that LA has charm, but then again I might have misunderstood what you meant;)

Jack Keane's not out in the UK at least until March 7th. I'll certainly do a review of it when I get it. It does look quite interesting if a total rip-off of Monkey Island, but hey - more Guybrush is no bad thing.

Ankh was okay, but needed a few better writers really. It was entertaining though.

Archived