Home

EA Denies Rumors of KotOR3 in the works

tk102

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51314

Addressing the alleged sequels to BioWare's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Criterion's Black, publisher Electronic Arts has clarified that such products are not necessarily under development at this time.

Reports of the titles emerged yesterday, after a slide (pictured left) presented to analysts by EA CEO John Riccitiello suggested that future KOTOR and Black projects were underway at the EA-owned studios.

"The slide in John's presentation is titled 'Best Creative Talent'--it addresses future and past titles," EA told Shacknews. "KOTOR, Black, Boogie, Skate and some other titles on the slide speak to past portfolio releases and the pedigree of the studio but do not specifically address future sequels."

Outside of the slide, Riccitiello did not mention KOTOR or Black, though it was implied that the listed properties denoted new or upcoming releases. Many of the other properties in the slide, including Skate, were revealed to be receiving future iterations in a later presentation.

"The [previously announced] MMO in development at BioWare Austin is listed a 'New MMO,'" EA's statement continued in an attempt to prevent future misunderstandings. "We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems that we get news every day that we will never get our KotOR III. Unfortunatly I am begining to lose hope that there will ever be one.

If we didn't have hope we couldn't do anything. I will still hold out hope that there will be another sequel. Games have gone longer and still had sequels

Heres hoping for an Obsidian developed KOTOR3. :)

Chris Avellone should be given the chance to finish what he started.

Agreed. I would make the most sense. I'm still confident a KotOR3 will be announced, though it could take another couple of years. Like Rev7 said, it's just a game, I'm not going to search news about KotOR every day on the net. I've got other things to do.

@ 1st post

I've been saying that since the slide was found lol, If the people at ign, and the other 10 or so sites that bumped the same wrong info would of just listened to the webdock that accompanied the slide they'd of known that there was no mention anything related to a new kotor in any form, it was as I said in earlier posts, the slide was just showing the pedigree of developers now under the EA banner.

I am disappointed, but I've not lost all hope.

Edit: Note to self and other K3 wanter's, go to the origin of the rumor before believing a second hand "source". Saves the heartache :)

This doesn't make the chances of Obsidian doing another any more likely..Cough...

Yes at this point I have only a fragile hope that K3 will be made. I dont really understand why they wouldnt make it though...I mean there is a pretty large KOTOR following, the first two games made loads of money, and even though most of us like K1 better we all know we would buy K3 if it came out. Still they havent actually come out and said its not being made or in their list of games to make...so there still a slight hope.

I also would like an Obsidian K3, as long as they get enough time to complete it...

well here is something that pisses me off: they all know we want a 3rd game and they know that the first 2 games made them alot of money, so why in the hell wouldnt they make one, if they did they would be doing both us and themselves a favor. so they should ask themselves "What would Jesus do?"

This doesn't make the chances of Obsidian doing another any more likely

I don't see how Bioware and LA not making a Kotor 3 diminishes Obsidian chances of doing it. Bioware has said for years that it wasn't doing it, but fans refuse to believe it.

and no remaking SWG..

I actually think that Bioware might be doing that... or, making another MMO set in another era.

This is true :) Okay, how does it make it less likely then?

:) Your digging a bigger hole dude, I didn't say less likely either, I said it doesn't make it "any more" likely, meaning neither Bioware or Obsidian look like making it at this point, just because Bioware aren't making it, doesn't mean Obsidian are.

Because Star Wars games must be approved and published by LucasArts.

I'm well aware of that.. We were told Bioware and LA weren't making something Kotor; they never said not SW.

Your digging a bigger hole dude, I didn't say less likely either, I said it doesn't make it "any more" likely, meaning neither Bioware or Obsidian look like making it at this point, just because Bioware aren't making it, doesn't mean Obsidian are.

Is ;) I'm trying to get you to answer the question, which you did. Do you think because Bioware wasn't given the "right," I say right because they've said they don't want to do another Kotor, to another Kotor it means Obsidian won't get a chance?

Archived