Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Darth_Raptura, I understand your feeling on the project....many times people jump into projects with these cool ideas which the game can not perform just due to the engine and structure. That is one of the hardest things to do, let cool ideas go…..

I have written the plot/story so that it fits with the game's structure. I can say you will see some cool things but the one thing that I want all of you to take away from this.....is the Story Telling......The Story is what will make this Game, just as it did with the other Kotors.

As for the topic of the characters from kotor1……Let me start by saying in order for me to write this story/game I had to first write what happen to Revan, Bastilia, Carth, Exile, Mandalore, …… and the many other characters. I believe that everything should have a reason for being there. The content is defined by the plot. There will be a theme in the game....

If you are wondering…..I will tell you in the game why Revan left so suddenly in Kotor1.

There are chances you might see a few cameos ….after all Corellia was an early trading partner of the Wookiees when Kashyyyk entered the Republic (c. 3,956 BBY)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellia

Sithspecter, I would be honored to have you work on the project. Sleheyron looks amazing!

If anyone is interested in joining the project, feel free to PM me on what your skills are.

MORE TO COME........

Logan

Kotor: Revenge of Revan

http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like a full blown game to me!

That is impossible! Unless you have an entire team of artists, programmers, ect!

But you could make it out of tings from the other 2 games, like for corusaunt, you could use Nar Shaddaa. Or that mod on KOTOR.filefront.com

But even then. This would be a big mod.

But all things aside, I would love to help, if you can prove its possible.

Sithspecter, I would be honored to have you work on the project. Sleheyron looks amazing!

Hey, I'd be glad to help! But, remember, it'll be later this year or next year before I can help. Are you guys using the Coruscant modules from K2, or reskinning, or making new ones?

Once my own project is complete (My recruition mod), I will let you use my character Master Crush, as I think he may be a good character for this mod.

He is an exiled Jedi living on his home planet of Onderon. From there he met the Exile and trained him in the ways of the force, and traveled with him even to Malachor V. But once there, he was left for dead, after the Exile went to find Revan.

But he was lucky enough to find a downed republic fighter with only minor damage. He repaired it, and left Malachor just before its destruction.

Since that day he has hunted for the Exile! To find out why he left him there. (TO BE CONTINUED!)

He could meet your character 10 years later, and replace his old master?

What do you think?

yep i agree :D

hey i would love to join the team but my skills are more of an idealist :D

i dont know enything about modding or scripting/dialogs but i might help..

i could do some voice acting or give some ideas or oppinions :D

so Logan if theres a free space tell me ! !

Hey Everyone!

I want to say that Sithspecter and I talked....and when he is done with his Mod...there will be a place for him here on the team. I'm looking forward to working with him in the future.

Memarik, I’m still trying to workout the look I want for Nindo...I’m playing with a few ideas as for head gear.....But I can tell you that he has a kind of dark humor which will make some wonder is he joking or being serious. Nindo will love creating weapons and gadgets. Think of him as the polar opposite of Bao Dur. Bao Dur wants to make shields and help.......Nindo is more about explosions and blasters but both are great techs.

Memarik, I will PM you and we can talk about you joining the team.

If anyone else is interested in joining the project, just PM and we will see what is the best position for you.

The past two nights I have been story boarding the movies and the in-game cut scenes. Yes..movies…..I plan to use certain kotor2 movies in the Mod…so you will see the ship fly to the new worlds. I want to capture the movie feel to the game. This brings me to the next issue and topic…..new movies. I plan to have few new movies in the Mod. I will be sitting down with my friend who creates/edits videos.

The new movies will not go into production for awhile….final story boards have to be finished and I have to work on how it can be done.

If anyone has any experience in this area….PM me…I’m looking for info right now, later I will open…it up for people to create 3D models for the scenes. I will not say how many new movies I will have but there will be at least 2 new ones.

Thanks for all the support :)

MORE TO COME.........

Logan

sithspecter, thanks!

Let me know what you think....

Here are some quotes from your party members in the Mod.......

Kaila Saris

Republic fighters attacking your ship

“He you(PC), get on the guns and use that force thing you got and shot some of those dam fighters down,…… unless you want to float your way home.”

Kaila Saris

Vogga Hutts Ship (Cantina--She bumps into a fellow swoop racer)

“I didn’t cheat in that swoop race! (Lie).... It’s not my fault you can’t handle your hardware ….maybe that Twi'lek dancer can help you, as Kaila has a drink. (Bar fight!!)

Nindo Bahr

Smuggling weapons explained to PC

“Yes, this deal will give arms to the Hutts to control the weak but think of the access to the guns.....They never notice a gun here or there missing a part. I made some of my best weapons from weapons like this. The G1-79 is great to use since the Republic can’t see it on their scanning devices.”

MORE TO COME.........

Logan

Just my two cents here... I just had a thought for how you could do some of the movies...

Have you (Or anybody else on the team) ever played Homeworld? It was an RTS released... oh 9 or so years ago (Is is really that long ago?) And one of the things it had for the movies was all hand drawn stuff.

Yeah, it is kinda ambitious, but I thought that if anybody on your team can draw with any skill whatsoever and be able to do what you (Or whomever) want on paper, than it might be an easier alternative than trying to do it through TSL or what ever Obidison/Bioware used to do their movies.

P.S. Anybody have any idea on how to spell Obidison?

We can make the movies with 3ds max. It's not hard, and we can just import the Ebon Hawk and such from the game. Drawing them all out would take an insane amount of time. At 60 frames per second, you'd have to do 3600 drawings for 1 min!

It's Obsidian, I believe...

Hey everyone!

sithspecter, thanks for the info!

I'm already creating the story boards for the new movies. I have right now 3 new movies needed.

Map/Planet Layout is 100 percent done.

I'm now in the process of writing small dialogues for non important NPCs…..which is 20 percent done.

I have made my list of re-skinned non important characters.

I’m still working on the party member’s skins, had a little problem with kotor tools but that’s fixed. I plan to have most of the major/ party members done in 2 weeks.

I’m also, playing with a few techniques which could save time on production.

:)

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Hey

I know the Ebon Hawk has been in kotor1 and kotor2......

In Revenge of Revan...... The main ship will either be the Ebon Hawk or a ship thats based on the Ebon Hawk.

Nindo' father worked on the original Ebon Hawk back when Davik owned it. So......I'm going to leave up to you guys the fans.......

Should the Ebon Hawk be the main ship again or a ship that’s a copy of it created by Nindo's father's drawings.

Original Ebon Hawk

or

Similar model but new named ship.

Let me know......

Logan

I vote Ebon Hawk! Plus, there's that mystery of how exactly the Ebon Hawk lands in the hands of Revan, Exile, and new PC... Could be a whole quest just about that. You say that Nindo's father worked on it, wouldn't that be impossible since Taris got bombed out? About Q's models, they aren't totally put together yet, and he hasn't sent them to me. If you did a new ship, you'd have to do a new module, and that would look bad, the cameras go through the walls, and it looks very ugly...

sithspecter, I do have two ways to enter the Ebon Hawk as the main ship. It is a matter of which back story do I use. :)

As for Nindo and the destruction of Taris........Nindo's father died in the attack.........

Nindo was already getting involved with the Exchange at a young age. Nindo actually helped his father make improvements to the Ebon Hawk which aided in Davik's criminal activities.

As for how Nindo survived.......the question is one was Nindo even on the planet when the attack happen.....and two if he was on the planet....the Whole population was not killed off. Taris was left in ruins. But the anwser to that question will be in the game.

Let me know how you feel.......

Ebon Hawk.....or.......a copy of the ship with a new name?

Logan

Archived