Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Production is going well, I have slowed down the speed of my module building since I'm looking for a new job.

I wish you lots of success for your search.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging away at characters. I'll probably be slowing down soon too, to concentrate on my upcoming wedding.

For the mo-ment, I have some new screeeen-shots :naughty:

First up, Corellian soldiers and officers, now with 3 different ranks each. I've also darkened the officer jacket, since the green was too saturated.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
wipcorellianofficer2rf9.gif

Next, I've been secretly working on some Mandalorian armour. I'm not going to identify them right now (I'll leave that up to Logan23, since he's in charge of the surprises in the script). I will say that the one on the far left is made for yours truely (note the logo on his shoulder pauldron) since there isn't any story for him yet.

Show spoiler
wipmandos1ij0.jpg

Show spoiler
wipmandos2xu4.jpg

I've been playing around with the models as well, so that they will have unique looks. Mostly I've changed the helmets and shoulder pauldrons (the only standard model is the crimson one).

Well, I hope that keeps your intrest for a bit ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Everyone!

Redrob41, those look amazing!

The Corellian ranks are well designed.

WoW the Mandalorian armor is awsome!

I'm right now patching up Malachor V.

I'm also close to finalizing the party members' side quests.

If anyone is interested in helping with Revenge of Revan, just PM me.

I will need someone interested in making new armor/weapons, they need to be able to change the items attributes.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I'm just stopping in to give you guys an update.

Today I will be focusing on the new ship, the Raptor.

I made some modifications.

During the game you will find items that can be scanned at your research lab.

You will be using this to unlock holocrons which some will unlock new lightsaber building plans.

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k200022layer1.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k200024layer1.jpg

This is a cell which will be used to transport your bounties back.

I'm still working on force field so it will only be shown in the doorway.

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k200021layer1.jpg

This force field will be part of a side quest where you can capture certain creatures and bring them back to Vogga to add to his pets like the rancor.

This will be where they will be stored on your ship.

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rap3background.jpg

Kaila's swoop bike.

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k200026background.jpg

This will be how you will travel to planets. You will talk to this droid who will then set the nava-computer to the planet you selected. This eliminates the limit of planets i can add to the game.

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rap4background.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rap6layer1.jpg

Once I implement the bounty hunting, monster collecting and smuggling side quests then I will have some shots with npcs in the cells.

The project is going great,

I'm over half way done with the main quest and building steam.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

{Snip} No need to quote the whole post.-RH

this looks like its turning out to be even better than i expected. i really like the idea with the force fields. very original. i cannot wait for this to come out and i know that it will come out :wid: and i know it will be an amazing experience. good luck and take as long as you need. thanks again for all of the help youre giving me with TEoaE

Wow... I don't pop in for a few months and this happens!!!

Redrob: Those skins are pretty damn impressive! Kelbourne was well-done along with everybody else you did. I'm especially fond of the new uniform for Carth, the original Admiral's uniform just didn't look right!

Logan: Looks like Malachor is going to be a lot like in TSL: Hack and Slash! I take it that you're going to be fighting more than your fair share of "Fallen Jedi" in the academy? And what's this about Kreia... I'm probably forgetting something, but isn't she, you know, kinda dead? (Yeah, I'm betting I forgot something here)

Holocrons with building your lightsabers? Hmmm... [bad_german_accent]Interestingk, bery interestingk[/bad_german_accent] This promises to be pretty good! I hope that you go more in depth with this in-game.

Bounties on the Ebon Hawk whatever your ship name is? Yes!!! This is getting better and better! Though, you know, I'd swear I've seen that swoop bike before...

Great idea with the remote for going to planets! Not only does it eliminate the planet limit, it also eliminates the need to create the icons and animations (selection animations, not landing scenes) for the planets!

Glad to see the progress has been continuing implacably! Next, I've got to get around to seeing that trailer you made...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

Yes, there will be plenty of storm beasts and some fallen Jedi. There are also some surprises along the way. Kreia returns as a Force ghost but not like Obi-wan or other Jedi. It would be better to say she is bounded to Malachor V. Think of the Valley of the Jedi where the dead Jedi souls are forever connected to the wounded planet, or what's left of it.

In the coming weeks I will have an update which will explain the holocrons in the game in more detail.

I will have a few bounty hunting missions in the release of ACT I.

Later when the full version of RoR is released there will be more.

When RoR is fully released you have about 10 planets and Vogga's ship to explore in the game. In Act I you will have about 4-5 planets plus Vogga's ship.

ACT I is looking like it will contain around 40 modules plus a few stunt/cutscene modules. I'm building the last two planets and then I will be going back and adding in some extra content.

I will have some pics soon for you guys, I have been doing a lot of building in the back end.

Next Update i will start to reveal some of the party members' side quests and which ones will make it into Act I's release.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slowly working on a few characters. Here is some eye candy for the ladies, namely Uldir's and Dustil's underwear & Kelborn's standard clothes:

Show spoiler
wipuldirdustilunderwear.jpg

Show spoiler
wipkelbornclothes.jpg

I've also made another Mandalorian armour. A while ago, I made some logos for Bendak Starkiller, which I sent to LordRevan999 to use. Here, I've made my own version of Bendak's armour; a battle damaged one, and a shiny new version:

Show spoiler
wipbendakstarkiller.jpg

And lastly, a surprise. One of the earliest sketches for this project was a Mirialan named Aria Feara. I've made a head and body for her, which is much closer the original sketch. The main addition is the non-mirrored facial tattoos, and the robe which is similar to Barriss Offee's:

Show spoiler
wipariafeara1.jpg

As always, critiques are welcome. Logan, if there is anything I can add to Aria, let me know, since I couldn't tell if I got everything from the thumbnail sketch. I've only got two more Mando armours to do, including one for you Logan. Once they're done, I'll be able to send all the Mando & Kelborn files to you.

Thanks for all the kind words :)

Wow, those are amazing!

Redrob: Those skins are pretty damn impressive! Kelbourne was well-done along with everybody else you did. I'm especially fond of the new uniform for Carth, the original Admiral's uniform just didn't look right!

There have been a few other good Admiral mods lately. What I tried to do was make the collar a little more believable than the "wide neck" the in-game model has.

redrob41, those skins are really fantastic. It's not just your skinning skills that make your work fantastic, but you've also got a real eye for color combination, designs, art etc.

My hat's off to you sir :)

It's good to know that my two years of Fine Art at MacEwan College haven't completely gone to waste :lol:

WOW. I love that Aria skin, it's just so well done, I had trouble recognizing that it was Kreia's model. Everything else is great too, I just can't get over the Aria skin... wow...

Good eye ;). Yeah, I modified Kreia's model to remove her head (hidden actually), and lift the brim of the hood. I wanted the colours to hint at being similar to Barriss, but I didn't want to make the robes too fancy. Aria is supposed to be a lost Jedi, in exile, so she wouldn't want to attract too much attention.

I have to admit, when I first read the beginning post, I had major doubts that ANYONE could pull this off. But after reading all the posts, I know that only you can pull it off, with help from the community, of course.

I'd be willing to help if you need it. I'm an experienced KOTOR II modder and I'm great at writing dialog because I am a writer. If you're interested in my help, please send me an email at {Snip, PM Me Please Instead}

PS. Looks amazing so far!

Removed email as per our posted forum rules. -RH

I've got a question. Are those skins and armors gonna be mod exclusive or will some of them be released seperatley too?

If I release any (of the ones I've made) separately, it'll be after the Revenge of Revan is out. I'd rather have it that people's first full exposure to them is in the proper context of this mod. After all, that's what all this hard work is for: telling a fantastic story.

Hey everyone!

I want to start by saying I'm blown away by the skins you created, Redrob41:)

Aria Feara looks amazing!

@DarthDementous - Right now i'm good for dialogue, but i will email you later if i need any help, thank you.

I'm building the last 2 planets before I place the rest of the content into the mod. I'm hoping to have all the planets put together in the next 2 weeks. The party member dialogues are already being built as I type this.

Revenge of Revan Act I will be basically a large Demo of Revenge of Revan with about 40-50 percent of the game. I don't know how long it will take to play through but I estimate it could be around 6-10 hours, depends on how many side quests are in the Demo.

Here is a small video showing Corellia and few moments on Malachor V. Best seen in HQ.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Archived