Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Malachor looks great with all those disciples, but how the temple stayed intact when MSG was activated (or was it?)

Corelia is... well, too Onderon-like for me. I think altering the skybox would make a nice difference and wouldn't be too time consuming...

Can't wait to play the Demo!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game play seems pretty cool, Logan. But I must admit, there are several grammatical errors within the text. I would recommend giving the dialog a huge grammar overhaul if you didn't notice the errors before. Something that helps me in writing my dialog is writing in MS Word or similar programs. After I have the dialog refined and all that good stuff, I copy and paste it into dialog editor. Just my two cents. ;)

That really makes a lot of sense... I'll have to start doing that...

Otherwise, Redrob: Your skins continue to amaze me... I remember seeing the Bendak armor, nice to see that at least part of it didn't die/get forgotten by me. Otherwise, the Aria skins look pretty good as well as Kelbourne's regular clothes... everything looks pretty good!

Hey everyone!

I'm glad you guys liked the video, I plan to release more videos in the future.

I will be going over these dlg for grammer and spelling. The newer dialogue i have been adding, I used Microsoft Word so there should be fewer of these.

@Drunkside, yes there will be more re-skinning of the Corellia module. The modules for Corellia's city is about 50 percent re-skinned. One big problem is the sun color is so strong its hard to judge a good skin for that module.

@Darth Novotnus, I will play with the skybox for the module but the major issue is the sun yellow light which will be there even if I change the skybox.

If anyone knows how to tone down the sun's light in this module, PM me.

Malachor V will be basically the same skins, except for the dock area.

I will be continue playing around with the modules' skins as the progress continues, I plan to even keep working on them even when Beta-testing is going on.

Keep the questions coming :)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

The first model from the left looks absolutely outstanding! Especially looking at it in your avatar and sig pics!

Thanks. It's hard to see, but on the left shoulder plate, there's a graphic of a robin bird (the one from my older avatar), on the right shoulder pad is the number 41 (using the in-game font for doors or hanger bays). Also, on the front of the helmet, I've got my name spelled out in a Mando'a font.

The armour on the right is based on the Electromesh suit, 'cause I really like that glowing blue :saberb::blubounc:

Thanks. It's hard to see, but on the left shoulder plate, there's a graphic of a robin bird (the one from my older avatar), on the right shoulder pad is the number 41 (using the in-game font for doors or hanger bays). Also, on the front of the helmet, I've got my name spelled out in a Mando'a font.

The armour on the right is based on the Electromesh suit, 'cause I really like that glowing blue :saberb::blubounc:

:lol: I see the robin now, before it looked like a bullet hole, but I looked carefully.

It looks nice, the only thing is, Coreelia still looks like Onderon and it looks like nothing happened on malachor.

Main part that messed with my head is the music is the same. Mabey switching around the music for each modual would give it a better feel of an enirely different game.

If you can fin a way to import different soundtracks that could give it an entirely new feel like when someone goes from knights 1 to knights 2

Redrob, Those skins are sick! Great work! I can't wait to check it out

Mabey if someone could change the head selection so they arn't the same heads it'll give a better feel

Throwning my cash in the pot =RiotRazer=

Hey everyone!

I have a few things to announce,

One is that I will have a new forum with threads thanks to DeadlyStream's crew, where you can drop off ideas, feedback, sidequest, character suggestions.

http://www.deadlystream.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

This forum will expand with more treads as we get closer to the release of Revenge of Revan Demo.

I also have another quick video peek into the production of Revenge of Revan. This one will be a Corellian Hotel.

@Riot Razer, Now that you mention it I will play around with the music for certain modules. I don't know if I can use outside music do to copyrights. This will be something I can look into and test in post production.

I hope to release a list of what will be in the Demo in the next 3-4 weeks.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Redrob41 wow those new armours are fantastic; I especially like the slight changes in helmet shape. There more like a helmet now rather than a hood.

Thanks. Yeah, those original ones looked like a coloured paper bag with a cardboard face plate.

On that note, here is a screenshot of some in-game Mando gang:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
RoRMandoGang.jpg

from left to right: RedRob41, Logan23, Kyvios

wipmandos6redrob41.th.jpg wipmandos5logan23.th.jpg wipmandos4kyvios2.th.jpg

Nice job on the skins, very nice.

My only concern from looking at this, to be honest, is that redrob41 character reskins are going to be so far above the module reskins that it might feel a bit of a let down. Cause no offense to you Logan, but the module reskins are very basic while redrob's are just... wow

Nice job on the skins, very nice.

My only concern from looking at this, to be honest, is that redrob41 character reskins are going to be so far above the module reskins that it might feel a bit of a let down. Cause no offense to you Logan, but the module reskins are very basic while redrob's are just... wow

Thanks for the high praise :). I'll try to help out with area re-skins as well, it'll just have to wait until next fall or winter (I'll be busy all summer). Logan plans to concentrate on skinning after the main story runs smoothly, and all the NPCs, scripts, side quests and everything else are in place and working. For now, I think he's just altering the colour slightly, just enough to be different, but not enough to take time away from everything else.

Logan is doing a lot of jobs, and I'm always impressed with just how much effort he's putting into his mod. :bow:

Hey everyone!

Redrob41's reskins are amazing, I think the only way to reach that level with the modules is to create new modules for the game. In post production I will be messing around with the module's skins a lot. Even the people who get involve with the beta testing will not be seeing the final skins since i will still be playing around with them.

Which leads too...

Is there are any chance you'll have brand new areas/rooms modeled in there such as Quanon's work for Silveredge9?

I have not contacted Quanon or anyone on the topic of new areas/modules,..yet. There will be no new ones in the Demo but...I'm running through some ideas for a few in the final release....most likely they will be for major and final scenes in the game.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

I get demoralized when reskinning myself, after seeing your work, redrob. By which I of course mean that it's just incredible. :)

I agree that with your expertise, you could do some great area retexturing. I can't wait to see results of that, and of more of your reskinning work.

Ont the mod itself, can't believe it's still going, to be honest. Usually, when I see a project like this, I just ignore it. And, honestly, that's what I did with this one as well. Wrongly so, it seems. Had to catch up on a few pages to see all the awesome stuff that's happening. Keep it up, guys.

Archived