Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

Ont the mod itself, can't believe it's still going, to be honest. Usually, when I see a project like this, I just ignore it. And, honestly, that's what I did with this one as well. Wrongly so, it seems. Had to catch up on a few pages to see all the awesome stuff that's happening. Keep it up, guys.

Thanks for the support:)

This will be quick update.

I am done with building the planets and placing main/secondary as well as most minor npcs.

I'm well into the Next Phase which is the Quest Content and Side Quest Phase. This is where I make the game work/playable. This includes party member dialogues, Scripting, Journal entries, Global datapads, Merchants, Light Saber Creation System, basically the Mod is brought to Life. :) This Phase will take 2-3 weeks.

Post Production

Once that Phase is complete, the Next Phase will be making sure all dialogues are in game as well as fine tuning them, adding alien VOs, lips, Bink movies finished, and the beginning of prep for Human VOs.

The Balancing Phase will be were I remove and add containers with items, test out game play and flow, balance the Light saber Creation System, fine tune game play.

I don't have the video uploaded, but here is a screen shot....from a future bink video. This is a shot from one of the wrecked ships that float around Malachor V (vr1- one piece; vr2 -planet broken up into many)

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=malfarfull.jpg

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Glad to hear that progress is moving along. But tell me...what is this Lightsaber Creation System?

There's plenty of info in posts 398 & 405. Happy reading :)

I get demoralized when reskinning myself, after seeing your work, redrob. By which I of course mean that it's just incredible. :)

It just takes lots of time & practice. Everyone has room to improve, even me ;)

Ont the mod itself, can't believe it's still going, to be honest. Usually, when I see a project like this, I just ignore it. And, honestly, that's what I did with this one as well. Wrongly so, it seems.

Yeah, I'd been burned a couple of times before when I helped out with artwork and a team let their mod die. Oh well, successful mods are harder to finish than it seems.

When I was asked to provide just one character for RoR, I read every post, and had a much better feeling that this one would be followed through on. Logan puts in so much work, that I was inspired to just keep adding more characters :D.

I have not contacted Quanon or anyone on the topic of new areas/modules,..yet. There will be no new ones in the Demo but...I'm running through some ideas for a few in the final release....most likely they will be for major and final scenes in the game.

Well just like Miltiades I was in doubt a mod project as this would fly so far.

That's why if you asked somewhere in the beginning, when this started if I would wanted to join: I would had to say no.

But it looks like I was wrong, dead wrong.

I check the thread now and then, pleased to see your team

is doing a great job.

Very organized :)

Anyway, if you think you need a new module or some special area, drop me PM later on.

Can't really help right now, caught up in my own modding and school work ;)

Plus my contribution to BoS:SR was just 4 areas, none to big, certainly not a full new planet.

DAYMN! CAN't WAIT! this could be badass! and since kelborn is one of the party member, its 2x badass! ;) master drayen is already my fav. he's like obi-wan with tattoo. but im curious wether you can train other non-jedi (save dustil) in the way of the force?

I wish you lots of success for your search.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging away at characters. I'll probably be slowing down soon too, to concentrate on my upcoming wedding.

For the mo-ment, I have some new screeeen-shots :naughty:

First up, Corellian soldiers and officers, now with 3 different ranks each. I've also darkened the officer jacket, since the green was too saturated.

wipcorellianofficer2rf9.th.gif

Next, I've been secretly working on some Mandalorian armour. I'm not going to identify them right now (I'll leave that up to Logan23, since he's in charge of the surprises in the script). I will say that the one on the far left is made for yours truely (note the logo on his shoulder pauldron) since there isn't any story for him yet.

wipmandos1ij0.th.jpg wipmandos2xu4.th.jpg

I've been playing around with the models as well, so that they will have unique looks. Mostly I've changed the helmets and shoulder pauldrons (the only standard model is the crimson one).

Well, I hope that keeps your intrest for a bit ;)

Oh wow! Those armors look perfect!

Hey redrob41... I would kill to get those armors elsewhere (okay, I wouldn't kill). But I might do serious damage to my surroundings. I'd build a barn to get my hands on that mod. Could you release that mod at the same time as or just after the RoR mod is released? Cause I don't want to change my entire game completely (I like small changes when it concerns the plot), but I was speechless when I saw that armor. I couldn't even find a smiley to match my excitement when I saw them! Listen to me, I'm rambling, anyway... gotta have those armors! Your work is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you release the armors seperatly?

Redrob i love you mandalorians are by far my favorite star wars group and you just made them better tenfold

Could you release that mod at the same time as or just after the RoR mod is released? Cause I don't want to change my entire game completely (I like small changes when it concerns the plot)' date=' but I was speechless when I saw that armor. I couldn't even find a smiley to match my excitement when I saw them! Listen to me, I'm rambling, anyway... gotta have those armors! Your work is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

It seems pretty consistent that people want to have the armours as a stand alone mod. Well, I certainly want to, but I really think that they would be cooler as part of the whole story. I wouldn't want to create any .uti mod conflicts, so I will definately wait untill after RoR is released (at least part 1), but I should be able to release a stand alone armour pack someday.

I think that for me, RoR (like other huge story mods) will be in a separate Override directory, and all my small mods will be in a backup Override (I just rename the folder so that I can pick which group of mods I want to use). I'll probably make several smaller packs (like the playable Rattataki and other aliens) that can be mixed and matched :D.

Wow.....just wow....

After reading through the pages and searching the site, I'm amazed. I believe....NO, I KNOW that this, M4-78, Sleheyron, and Drewton's Improvement mod are the best I've seen so far.

I'm quite eagar to see this when it's done.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. If you need any dialogue help, I'm an avid writer, so I can insert my two cents if needed =]

Hey everyone!

Very organized

Anyway, if you think you need a new module or some special area, drop me PM later on.

Can't really help right now, caught up in my own modding and school work

Plus my contribution to BoS:SR was just 4 areas, none to big, certainly not a full new planet.

Thanks!

I will be PMing you in the future.

There won't be any new created modules for the demo, but I will be consulting you on ideas for the Final Version.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your modules in BoS:SR, that's going to be an amazing mod:)

UPDATE:

I'm done with putting in 46%-50% percent of the mod's content, including Main/side Quests and journal entries.

I'm hope to have the rest of the Content Done in the next 2 and half weeks.

Once this is done, then comes .....

Post Production

This Phase will be making sure all dialogues are in game as well as fine tuning them, adding alien VOs, lips, Bink movies finished, and the beginning of prep for Human VOs.

Once the Content is in game, then I will be able to release a list of whats in the mod and an estimate of how long is the mod.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

have you considered putting in some holograms of revan teaching you through a holocron you might find, as that could be how you progress to jedi master, sith lord, weapons master etc. instead of kreia in TSL?

Would be kinda problematic as logan would have to create VOs for Revan. Making him mute would't be very professional.

Hey,

have you considered putting in some holograms of revan teaching you through a holocron you might find, as that could be how you progress to jedi master, sith lord, weapons master etc. instead of kreia in TSL?

In RoR you will be meeting Revan personally.

As for the teachings to become a Weapon Master or Sith Lord prestige class, these will be opened/taught by a few individuals. Kreia will be able to teach you the Sith prestige classes while the Lost Jedi who joins you will teach the Jedi prestige classes.

These will not be available in the Demo.

This will be found in the 2nd half of the game.

As for VOs:

I am looking for the voice of Quan Drayen.

I'm looking for a voice that sounds like Qui-Gon Jinn.

I'm not ready for recording but i wanted to throw it out there...since I do want this character's VO in the Demo.

MORE TO COME......

If you haven't already, I suggest putting up a thread in the Audio Productions section of Voice Acting Alliance. I've already got a couple auditions for the Lost Ones.

Now no offense and this is ONLY my opinion, but I'm having some issues with how much you are tying Kreia to the Sith (in this case making her teach only the Sith prestige classes and also her disciple Cain being the DS parallel to the PC's Jedi friend despite "seeking the middle road on issues"). Part of what I see in Chris Avellone's work in TSL is that he has Kreia not as ye representative of the Jedi (like Bastilla in K1) or the Sith, but as the speaker of truth. For one thing, Kreia never actually lies to you in TSL, she chooses not to release certain facts until you are ready. When she says that the identity of Darth Traya must not be revealed or "this war will end before it has even begun", she is saying that if she tells you she's a Sith Lord your Jedi-must-defeat-the-evil-Sith-and-save-the-Galaxy-in-time-for-dinner instinct will go off and you'll not listen to anything she says and/or try to kill her when she is the only person who can sufficiently guide you in this new dark era.

Thus, tying her to much to the "Dark Side", IMO, discredits a character who is in so many ways above arbitrary morality. Now if you do feel the need to discredit her either as a character or her ideals, my advice is that you need to face her arguments with legitimate arguments of your own (rather than using Jedi rhetoric and saying "the Dark Side leads to DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!! KILL ALL SITH LORDS!!!!!!"). Here is how I'd go about it.

Now Kreia's ideals are Social Darwinistic in nature, relating to the Sith ideal of the Powerful above the Weak, but without the needless bloodshed and opportunity for the Weak to become the Powerful through strife and hardship. The best counter to this is the following argument: "To what end?" This is best followed up with questioning what the measurement of a civilization's progress is: a society of individuals seeking constant self-improvement at the expense of empathy and basic tolerance, a civilization suffering from stagnation because everyone sees fit to rob each other of opportunities of self-improvement, a compromise, or something else entirely. The next thing to do is contend that all individuals who preach any sort of broad ideology to others (be it Kreia's Social Darwinism, the Sith's extremist Social Darwinism plus Fascism, or the Jedi's lofty Humanism and Utilitarianism) should not be able to spread their views simply because they do not live as ordinary human beings capable of empathy. NOTE: This is actually Revan's teachings passed on HK-47 which you can learn in TSL if you gain enough influence with him to ask about how one kills Jedi - I used KSE give myself max influence with HK so I could learn the answer to the influence based questions. According to Revan, the Jedi (and by extension Sith) shut themselves off empathically from others as a form of protection from such things as Malachor V. However, the way that one overcomes a Jedi (or Sith) is to "live like a normal person" by opening one's emotions. This is used to a certain extent by Atton who used simple emotions to form a mental barrier around himself when hunting Jedi to keep them out of his mind. This is especially confusing to a Jedi since they live detached from such emotions. Back on the original subject and actually a real-life note, this is true of all ideologues because they lived detached from ordinary life and invent ideologies for people without understanding the empathic aspect of ordinary individuals. This is why ideologies fail, because they do not take into account the human element.

Wow, I AM ranting! Still, hopefully you can get something out of my lofty talk :D. I'd be cool if you could actually use these arguments in a debate with Kreia in-game.

Anyway, looking forward to Act I as always.

You know, if you are going to make a voiced dialogue with revan i would encourage this: Make him/her talk in a "machine voice". No i do not mean a computer generated voice, but something like vader. Revan couldve gotten some sort of an injury while fighting the true sith so that s/he has to use some weird of a voice helper device (they do exist, but they sound horrible. You should rather use a voice closer to a human, yet still one without a very recognisable sound. Did anyone understand what im raving here? Im not quite sure i did...). At least i would make revan speak in such a fashion.

then what about a tablet, like the old sith headmaster (you fid him in one of the tombs in korriban: uthar wants him dead) in kotor1, to teach you some of the force forms and lightsaber forms, as the jedi masters do that in tsl, so all you would have to do is use the wording dialogue when you open it like a datapad, or write some more

Hey,

You know, if you are going to make a voiced dialogue with revan i would encourage this: Make him/her talk in a "machine voice". No i do not mean a computer generated voice, but something like vader. Revan couldve gotten some sort of an injury while fighting the true sith so that s/he has to use some weird of a voice helper device (they do exist, but they sound horrible. You should rather use a voice closer to a human, yet still one without a very recognisable sound. Did anyone understand what im raving here? Im not quite sure i did...). At least i would make revan speak in such a fashion.

Revan will have VOs.

On your idea of having him/her sound like somewhat computer generated, I don't want people to think he sounds like Darth Vader but a voice sounding like he is talking with the mask on could be interesting.

I plan to do some VO test for Revan later in the coming months. Revan's VO along with the Exile's will be handled with care and I might let the community decide on the VO of these two characters by allowing you guys to listen to samples and give feedback to help me on my decision. I do know that no matter how good the Voice is some people will have issues with it.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

@ last post: Very true.

Regarding VOs, here is my input on what they should be like:

Revan must sound persuasive. His voice must must likable by just about everyone. It must also have power in it, his words must reach into your heart and implant themselves there.

The Exile is a very empathic character, so her voice should reflect that. Where Revan's persuasion is more of the inspiring, Barack Obama type, the Exile's VOs must have a sense that she is bonding with you just by being present in the same continent.

Archived