Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Just signed up so to say that this is one if my favourite TC mods of SW KOTOR 2 TSL.

P.S.My favourite TC mods are Trex' mod:The Jedi Masters:thmbup1::thmbup1:;Doc Valentines mod:Rise Of The Sith:thmbup1::thmbup1:;and of course your Logan23:Revenge of Revan:thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1:.There is no best mod.All of these 3 TC mods are awesome.:thmbup1::thmbup1:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey,

I want to say first, I now have a job:)

That's good to hear.

I have started recording the VO's for the human NPCs that you bump into during the game.

I am going from module to module in order tinkering with the Mod's triggers and adding lips to the npcs and adding placeables and dlgs.

Also the alien VOs and lips are also being added at this time.

Make sure your dialog is final for the NPCs before recording VO's. Otherwise you'll end up frustrating both yourself and the voice actors. ;)

I agree. It might be a good idea just to do the alien NPC VOs and lips for now, and save the English dialog for later. After I get my hands on the demo, I might come up with dozens of extra side missions and such. I wouldn't want you to have to re-do all that work, or try to find the same voice actor to record new lines.

Hey,

I agree. It might be a good idea just to do the alien NPC VOs and lips for now, and save the English dialog for later. After I get my hands on the demo, I might come up with dozens of extra side missions and such. I wouldn't want you to have to re-do all that work, or try to find the same voice actor to record new lines.

I know some of you are concern but all the human dialogues are being voice by either myself or friends i have over my place to do some VO work. This allows me to tape many samples for the same lines and then place in the ones that feel right. I will also be working on tweaking the voices pitch as well as go into character so you won't hear my regular voice.

Many of these VOs are for characters who will tell you to keep moving or make a remark about the present world events. I will have VOs in bars which the customer will ask where is that waitress or this drink is horrible, or where are my friends..did they leave me here.

Major characters will have certain people Voicing them, this is for the non important of fun dialogues.

Redrob41, there will be plenty of room to add more side quests since the Demo is meant for a sample of the final version.

I'm right now building the final versions of the modules in basic order so when this phase is done I hope to be ready to start pre-beta testing.

Thanks to everyone for your support :thmbup1:

MORE TO COME....

Logan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

This will be a 2 part update.

I'm right now polishing up the mod and going through adding anything I feel that's missing and placing in lips as well as Human VOs.

I am in need of a person who could do a Vandar/Yoda VO for the Jedi Master Ulon Tuain.

http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/page/Jedi+Council

I have been able to adjust my modding to my new Job's schedule.

The second part of this update will be a video with some of the VOs in game as well as some gameplay. I hope to have this by next Saturday the latest.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Damn, you've made some serious progress since I last saw this thread.

Unfortunately, I can only think that for the VO's it might be better to splice out the dialog than scour the earth trying to find somebody who can speak like Vandar/Yoda.... however, you may just get lucky, who knows.

Also, for the council, I think that you might want to move Ulon Tuain's model forward about ten centimeters or so so it doesn't look like he's clipping with the chair.

Otherwise, good luck with getting the VO's!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to show you that I haven't been completely idle for the last few months, here's a screenshot. I've started working on Quan Drayen, and I've tried to make him a little more unique (and aged him appropriately). Here are a couple of different styles of Kiffar tattoos that I've been playing with:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
quandrayentattoosamples.jpg

The green one is a continuation of the design that Logan23 was working on (with an added detail at the widow's peak). The red one is based on Vanlin. The yellow one is a very common one, most notable for Tinte Vos, her brother Kurlin, and Quinlan's father Pethros.

As always, comments are welcome :)

Just to show you that I haven't been completely idle for the last few months, here's a screenshot. I've started working on Quan Drayen, and I've tried to make him a little more unique (and aged him appropriately). Here are a couple of different styles of Kiffar tattoos that I've been playing with:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
quandrayentattoosamples.jpg

The green one is a continuation of the design that Logan23 was working on (with an added detail at the widow's peak). The red one is based on Vanlin. The yellow one is a very common one, most notable for Tinte Vos, her brother Kurlin, and Quinlan's father Pethros.

As always, comments are welcome :)

I love the Kiffar race, it's my favorite one ! *crosses fingers for possibility of playing Kiffar in TOR*

Any chance for releases of other heads with the tattoos but other patterns?

And the screens look AWESOME!!

Hey everyone,

I am back and healthy again.

The past 10 days I have been fighting bronchitis, ugh….but I’m well now and ready.

I want to first thank Redrob41 for working on the new Drayen.

I’m going to hold off on the VOs till I have a large collection plus I learned a few more techniques to aid in the production and diversify the voices.

I will be posting 3 items today:

First will be some pics of the game as well as a New Feature and a Developers Blog: The beginning…

Pics:

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/k200022.jpg/

This is a pic of the Jedi Temple- the computer there will allow you to access the Galactic news and Galactic history. This is for those who want to get some back ground info on the present and past events in the Galaxy for no point just for background.

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/k200030.jpg/

Corellia with two droids from kotor2...how did they end up here...

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/k200031.jpg/

Even Czerka needs a drink......

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/k200019.jpg/

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/k200023.jpg/

Class of younlings

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/k200033.jpg/

The New Feature: Trust System

What is the Trust System? The Trust system will be a system built to work along with the Influence system from kotor2. Before I can get into the details I have to explain how it came to be.

In kotor2 the PC would influence his/her party members due to the Exile’s natural bonding ability and some of it due to a side effect of Malachor V. When looking at the system for RoR I found it hard to believe that the PC a regular Jedi could influence so strongly people which he/her will travel with which would change their alignment and their belief system. Beliefs which we all have can be shaken but usually there needs to be erosion. To be able to create such a shift in a party member’s alignment/belief system the PC would have to gain the Trust of the party member.

The PC will start with a level of trust with each party member in the game. The level of trust can be checked by looking at the journal entry related to the party member. You can either gain or loss trust in action events or conversation events. When the PC has gain enough trust from a party member it will unlock a bonus and ability to now shift the party member toward the PC’s alignment. The problem is that you will not be able to get everyone’s trust level to the point to open all bonuses since certain party members do not see eye to eye in their beliefs, morals, or how they view certain issues. The way you play your PC will affect which party members you will gain trust with and who you will not. This will not be a matter of wither you killed someone or let some one live but more in the motives and actions done to solve quests and your interactions with other NPCs in the game.

Later in RoR there will be a critical point(s) where there will be a moment where the party member will make a choice in changing their beliefs or reinforcing them depending on the amount of Trust and the PC’s alignment compared to the party member's. This will be toward the end of the final game.

In the Demo you will get to see how this system works.

For example Uldir who is military man and loyal to Corellia and the Republic- his belief system will not look so kindly at for example enslaving a singer to Vogga the Hutt. You would end up losing Trust points from Uldir if you did this act or something that would break major Republic or moral laws.

Another Example is Cain who has a belief system of ends justifies the means if it’s for the greater good. Cain might not be bothered by the enslaving the singer if it is to gain favor with Vogga which will aid you on your main quest. Cain is about the end game and making yourself powerful in position to make events happen as you want them too when you want it too.

The Developer Blog will be posted in a few don’t want to double post……:)

MORE TO COME....

Logan

Holy...are you near finishing? This looks like you're making a entire new game!!

Hes nearing pre-beta phase. While the testers are testing pre-beta, logan fixes issues and works on polishing the next round of RoR for the real Beta.

But technically, when he does anything, he'll be getting closer to finishing. ;)

Developer Blog 1.0: The beginning…

I wanted to do this for awhile. I feel now is a good time to give everyone a view into the production of Revenge of Revan as it was conceived and also the decision on how the game is started.

When I creating this plot/story I first had to deal with Revan and what his/her (depending if you are talking cannon or not) personality and what happen to the Former Jedi and Sith lord. I did months of research and looking for clues in the first game as to build her personality. Revan is neither Sith nor Jedi…just Revan. I knew early on I wanted to allow the player to choose Revan’s gender and alignment at the end of kotor1. With this I had to figure out Bastila and what happened to her during this time. This lead to a short story of her time looking for Revan if Revan was Sith at the end of kotor1. I wanted to have Bastila in the game since she is such a major part of Revan’s story due to kotor1. Once those details were ironed out what happen to him after kotor1 and where was he during kotor2….. it was onto the next major issue...…the over all story /plot.

When writing the story I looked at a few major things, location/planets, original story that can stand on its own without kotor1 and kotor2, and to have a feel of this bring together the other two games as a trilogy.

Certain planets were chosen for story components and the fact that I will be re-skinning existing modules from kotor2. This may have cut down the selection a bit but it also allowed me to keep from flopping from one planet choice to another which would have dragged on the story development.

The story started off with a base mood/tone and outline which over time changed due to redeveloping ideas. The background story helps anchor my plot down and kept it from becoming to swishy-washy. This allowed me to keep the plot and story focus. I will go into the story development in more detail in another developer’s blog.

Starting the game off-first module…

The first idea was to have the PC and Master Drayen on the space station that gets destroyed in the opening movie. They will survive and land on Corellia where the Jedi Council will ask you to investigate. This allowed a more of a kotor1 beginning where there is an action scene from the beginning to get the player pumped. The only problem is it would hurt the story development since it has a more of a block buster summer movie feel. You would be a Jedi but you would not know the conflicts of the Jedi and I felt with the large gap between RoR and kotor2 that players will want to know what it means to be a Jedi at this time. The final result was the space station being destroyed in the opening movie and after it would transition to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant where you can talk to other Jedi and padawans. This will allow you to immerse the player in the Jedi’s world and see what events are causing issues within the Jedi Order. The first hour to hour and half (only a small part of it on Coruscant) will be setting up events and emotional triggers for the rest of the game. Once you hit this point this is when the real adventure starts. I look forward to sharing Revenge of Revan with you…….

MORE TO COME…..

Logan

Sorry to hear about your bronchitis Logan. Anyway, this trust system sounds like it's going to be a bitch to implement.... especially since you're going to need 100 journal entries per NPC with trust (Assuming a percentage scale) but good luck with it, I like the idea of both trust and influence as opposed to just influence.

Beautiful looking screenies too... I hope to have B4D4 and the other droid (can never remember his name) explained.

But, you know, I think I like the idea of the station exploding with you on it more than just as an intro .bnk :xp:

Anyway, Glad to see more progress as I slide in between being on LF and not.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your bronchitis Logan. Anyway, this trust system sounds like it's going to be a bitch to implement.... especially since you're going to need 100 journal entries per NPC with trust (Assuming a percentage scale) but good luck with it, I like the idea of both trust and influence as opposed to just influence.

Thanks,

The Trust system is already built and you will be glad to know there are not 100 journal entries per party member- they are on a scale of 5s or 10s depending on the balancing of system. :thmbup1:

Logan

Ah, alright. using just your 5's and 10's would definitely speed up the implementation and just reduce general clutter. Nice.

However, what do you mean by balancing of the system? Maybe I'm just tired -could be happening- or my brain's just fried from today -more likely- but I just can't figure it out right now.

Ah, alright. using just your 5's and 10's would definitely speed up the implementation and just reduce general clutter. Nice.

However, what do you mean by balancing of the system?

If, during beta-testing, it seems that party members' trust is gained way too easily (using increments of 10), then Logan will adjust it so that trust is gained or lost by steps of 5.

Alright. That makes a lot of sense.... you'd think I'd be able to figure that one out.

Oh, just thought of something, are you going to use negatives? Like: 100% means that I would believe you if you said it was raining and it was dry. and -100% means that I wouldn't believe that it was raining if you told me and I was getting wet.

I think that Logan is planning on a scale from zero upto 100%, without any negatives (although, I could be wrong and it may be a 10% to 100% scale). Most party members will start with about a 20% to 40% trust (depends on their personality). Of course, this could all change after beta-testing.

Archived